Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Kinda Neat...

Kinda Neat...

if Cheryl were to come to me and tell me she wanted to get into riding and wanted a new bike, this is where I'd start my search...

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GS500FK4/

Short money for a great looking, reliable 'sport' bike...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Kinda Neat...

Nice! Not bad for a 500, might consider that for the wifey if she follows through with her plans to learn to ride...

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Kinda Neat...

bah!
    she needs an SV!

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Kinda Neat...

I go with an SV seeing its not any lighter.

Kinda Neat...

The SV is a great bike, but you can hurt yourself on it just by twisting your wrist. The new 500 is a great starter bike that you can learn on. You dont have to worry about the bike going up in the air because you gave it to much throttle.

Kinda Neat...

Yup.
    Mine ain't that fancy, but it is a good bike!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

Kinda Neat...

Not a bad bike. I like the yellow. A 500 is a good bike to start with for women. A 250 would blow me off the road. Plus, I can reach the ground without having to adjust the seat height.

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

Kinda Neat...

I could see this bike as a entry racebike as well. Not sure on how much HP it puts out. And wow the return of NinjaChic (Sarah)

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

Kinda Neat...

Oh yes..the bitch is back. After this riding season, I think I might have to convince Man God I need a bigger bike!

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

Posting Freak

Kinda Neat...

that's pretty much my bike but with full fairings...

Getting back into the game! Looking for my next bike!

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Kinda Neat...

Originally posted by NinjaChic
    Not a bad bike. I like the yellow. A 500 is a good bike to start with for women. A 250 would blow me off the road. Plus, I can reach the ground without having to adjust the seat height.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Re: Kinda Neat...

I saw this bike on Suzuki site, I thought it was pretty cool looking also! If I could change mine, I'd look at the SVS or this new sweet looking bike, the 2004 FZ6.... I sat on it at the dealer, it felt very comfortable, and not much heavier than my 250.

Originally posted by Stoneman
    if Cheryl were to come to me and tell me she wanted to get into riding and wanted a new bike, this is where I'd start my search...

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GS500FK4/

Short money for a great looking, reliable 'sport' bike...

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Kinda Neat...

$5K for a BRAND NEW, fully faired sporty beginner's bike? I'd be all over that. Toss in a proven reliable motor? Forgeddaboudit...

In MY opinion, this would make a far greater beginner bike for a vertically challenged, ultra light female (Cheryl). She knows HOW to ride. Growing up with 3 brothers who all rode dirt bikes, ya kinda get forced to. But she's been reluctant to get into the street bike scene for lack of an appropriate bike...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Kinda Neat...

Also, on top of what the Stoneman said above, I really don't like giving beginners twins to learn on, which rules out the SVS... There's a number of reasons, but with the engine braking that twins are known for, I think it encourages beginners to cheat and not use their brakes and instead just roll off the throttle... Inline 4's, with their smooth acceleration, easier gear transitions, and reduced engine braking make beginners use all the tools they have on the bike for controlling the ride (smooth throttle hand, using brakes instead of rolling off, forces you to keep the gears low to spool up the motor, etc, etc)

In short, as a first bike, I almost will always recommend an inline 4 250, or 500. For larger first time riders, I might recommend something like the SVS as a first bike, but really only if they have SOME other riding experience (on dirt bikes, or quads).

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Kinda Neat...

I think they are pretty nice. Looks very good with the fairing...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Kinda Neat...

Well I was not talking about the SVS or the FZ6 as a beginner bike..I was saying if *I* could change mine in the future, I'd like to get one of those. I was very happy with my choice with the 250 as a beginnner bike, still am. I don't care what other people say about the 250. They talk out of their hat. I got my friend Luis who ride a ZX-9R, he borrowed my bike on Monday for his test at the RMV, he was amazed how fun it was to ride! He took it for an hour ride to get the feel of it before his test, he said he could take the twisties and do stuff with my bike like he could never do with his ZX-9, he came back with a smile on his face! LOL Since I am not into motorycling for the speed and stunts, I have the perfect bike to go in the country to take the curves, it's light, flickable, and now I'm doing the trackday to work on my skills, because I am the one not being able to use that bike as it's full potential.

Kinda Neat...

Originally posted by MissTwisties
    Well I was not talking about the SVS or the FZ6 as a beginner bike..I was saying if *I* could change mine in the future, I'd like to get one of those. I was very happy with my choice with the 250 as a beginnner bike, still am. I don't care what other people say about the 250. They talk out of their hat. I got my friend Luis who ride a ZX-9R, he borrowed my bike on Monday for his test at the RMV, he was amazed how fun it was to ride! He took it for an hour ride to get the feel of it before his test, he said he could take the twisties and do stuff with my bike like he could never do with his ZX-9, he came back with a smile on his face! LOL Since I am not into motorycling for the speed and stunts, I have the perfect bike to go in the country to take the curves, it's light, flickable, and now I'm doing the trackday to work on my skills, because I am the one not being able to use that bike as it's full potential.
    You go Girl!!

Kinda Neat...

Originally posted by hohum
    Also, on top of what the Stoneman said above, I really don't like giving beginners twins to learn on, which rules out the SVS... There's a number of reasons, but with the engine braking that twins are known for, I think it encourages beginners to cheat and not use their brakes and instead just roll off the throttle... Inline 4's, with their smooth acceleration, easier gear transitions, and reduced engine braking make beginners use all the tools they have on the bike for controlling the ride (smooth throttle hand, using brakes instead of rolling off, forces you to keep the gears low to spool up the motor, etc, etc)

In short, as a first bike, I almost will always recommend an inline 4 250, or 500. For larger first time riders, I might recommend something like the SVS as a first bike, but really only if they have SOME other riding experience (on dirt bikes, or quads).
    **cough cough**
    It's a twin.
    **cough cough**

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Kinda Neat...

Is it? I had assumed since it was built on the Suzuki sport bike platform that it would be an I4... The specs on the page are really light on details, but I am sure they must have said it was a twin, my excitement over a small I4 must have got the better of me

Are there any small displacement (< 600) I4's made by the big manufacturers?

Cheers,
    Chris

Kinda Neat...

Not really. The only ones that come to mind are the FZR 400's from the late 80's and the 400 Bandit's from the early 90's. They didn't sell well.
    Cheers, Lee S.

I know i'm slow, you don't have to rub it in.
    Why, Yes! I do think you're a Wanker!

Kinda Neat...

Yeah, the FZR400 was along the lines of what I was thinking about for the wife... I had one, and loved it. Too bad noone is making a bike like this anymore.

Cheers,
    Chris