Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Destination suggestions within 2 days of Burlington, VT?

Question Destination suggestions within 2 days of Burlington, VT?

I want to hop on my bike this weekend and head North. Quebec or Maine. I'm looking for destination suggestions. I really want to hit Perce, Quebec but it looks like it's almost 700 miles away.

Has anyone been to any great campgrounds in Quebec or the Maine coast? Just want to get in some good riding and a nice, relaxing place to pitch the tent.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Justin, what do you consider a comfortable distance to ride in one day? I've been thinking the coast of Maine would be a good weekend ride; just need to find a weekend to do it and one or two folks to come along.

Also, the countryside north of Montreal is pretty nice and would be worth exploring.

--mark

PS: Passed you in Shelburne yesterday. That pearl-white Speed Triple is pretty distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Justin, what do you consider a comfortable distance to ride in one day?
    Good question... I'm thinking 350 miles will be as far as I want to go. I guess I could get to Perce in two days if I really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    PS: Passed you in Shelburne yesterday. That pearl-white Speed Triple is pretty distinctive.
    After waving to you I noticed the header wrap and did a double take... I was coming back from a bachelor party in Lake George and more than a little "groggy".

Yeah, 350 miles is about my limit on the Bonneville too. I'll probably end up getting a V-Strom so I can do longer distances.

That offers up plenty of options though. At some point I will probably end up grabbing a large map and drawing circles on it 350 and 500 miles out from Burlington, then seeing what strikes my interest (I figure 500 miles ought to be doable once I get the V-Strom).

--mark