Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Snow Blower

Snow Blower

Fak...my new plow guy blew out his clutch so after 35 years of having my 100' driveway plowed I'm about to pull the trigger on a snow blower. Looking at a Honda HS1132TA....any opinions out there?

CB1132RR Snowblower $2477.00 (List $2779.00)

• Honda's 11.0 HP OHV Engine
    • Meets EPA and CARB Standards
    • Self-Propelled Track Drive
    • Infinitely Variable Speed Control/Hydrostatic Drive Train
    • 32" Clearing Width, 20" Clearing Height
    • A Single Lever Accurately Adjusts Ground Speed Without Affecting Auger Rotation Speed
    • Pliable, Low-Temperature Rubber Tracks with Sure-Gripping Cleats, Providing Solid Traction and Ideal Balance
    • 210 Adjustable Discharge Chute Easily Controlled From Operating Position

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 12-20-07 at 06:15 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Track-Duc 750SS
    Street-2010 Multistrada 1200 Tour
    www.batmanmoto.com
    batman@batmanmoto.com

"Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." Peter Egan

I'm offended. By choice.

Snow Blower

Dave,

I had a Craftsman with the tractor drive. Those treads had a tendency to derail when packed with snow or turning. It's not fun putting them back on in the middle of a blizzard. Tires and chains have plenty of traction so you may just want to keep it simple.

*my 2 cents*

0 Not allowed!

Snow Blower

I'm sure it's a good one

but worth the $$$$ no freekin way, I just bought a 8.5hp Poulan 27" throat recoil and electric start for $750

buy the looks of the photo, you have to bend over and get fucked in the ass while your crankin the direction it throws, I have a simple lever that I don't have to bend over to use Poulan's are manufacuted by Electrolux, same company that makes Husquvarna, Jonserred, etc.

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject
    Gary Johnson 2012

http://gbhsurvey.com/

Snow Blower

get an ariens 10-24

or a 13-32 if you need something bigger.

0 Not allowed!
    jim

"Molon labe"

Snow Blower

Just b/c it's thursday

0 Not allowed!

I was GONE, Im back now! The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

Snow Blower

Dave call another guy with a plow

0 Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

I was GONE, Im back now! The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

Snow Blower

How was that ad DAVE?

CB1132RR Snowbike $22,477.00 (List $25,779.00)

Honda's 211.0 HP DOHC Engine (go honda go)
    Meets EPA and CARB Standards (cool)
    Self-Propelled Track Drive (TD)
    Infinitely Variable Speed Control/Hydrostatic Drive Train (no shifting?)
    32" Clearing Width, 20" Clearing Height ()
    A Single Lever Accurately Adjusts Ground Speed Without Affecting Auger Rotation Speed (more traction without slip?)
    Pliable, Low-Temperature Rubber Tracks with Sure-Gripping Cleats, Providing Solid Traction and Ideal Balance (great for track use?)
    210 Adjustable Discharge Chute Easily Controlled From Operating Position (Yummmmy, Discharge Chute ...........)

0 Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Snow Blower

I've heard mostly good things about Honda, but never outstanding things and its hardly ever the most recommended one.

Go with Ariens or Simplicity.

I went with Ariens about 7 years ago... and I've been happy.

0 Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Snow Blower

100 ft? get a new plow guy. no matter how nice or big a blower you get it is allot more work for a big drive. ether way it beats shoveling

0 Not allowed!

Snow Blower

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    Dave,

I had a Craftsman with the tractor drive. Those treads had a tendency to derail when packed with snow or turning. It's not fun putting them back on in the middle of a blizzard. Tires and chains have plenty of traction so you may just want to keep it simple.

*my 2 cents*
    I've never owned a tracked blower, but I've heard the same thing from many different people in the past.

I'm hoping to score one of these on clearance at Lowes in the spring.

I'm pretty happy with my John Deere 1032, but it's 20 years old and I'd like something bigger.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by wylee; 12-21-07 at 01:07 PM.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Snow Blower

I LOVE my snowblower... nothing like the smell of c12 in the off season!

0 Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Snow Blower

I have a 24" Ariens. 10HP. It's a beast. Heated grips and a headlight! Nothing stops it.

0 Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    1977 BMW R100/7 w/Sputnik sidecar
    MSF AMA GPS FWIW

Snow Blower

Tracks are good for inclines, not much else.

Our cheap-ass MTD is still going, 12 years now. Heated grips will be on the next one though.

0 Not allowed!

Snow Blower

wheel horse 48" one stage tractor mount, dayton beast 24" 5 hp two stage & ariens two smoker one stage.

0 Not allowed!
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Snow Blower

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Fak...my new plow guy blew out his clutch so after 35 years of having my 100' driveway plowed I'm about to pull the trigger on a snow blower. Looking at a Honda HS1132TA....any opinions out there?

CB1132RR Snowblower $2477.00 (List $2779.00)

• Honda's 11.0 HP OHV Engine
    • Meets EPA and CARB Standards
    • Self-Propelled Track Drive
    • Infinitely Variable Speed Control/Hydrostatic Drive Train
    • 32" Clearing Width, 20" Clearing Height
    • A Single Lever Accurately Adjusts Ground Speed Without Affecting Auger Rotation Speed
    • Pliable, Low-Temperature Rubber Tracks with Sure-Gripping Cleats, Providing Solid Traction and Ideal Balance
    • 210 Adjustable Discharge Chute Easily Controlled From Operating Position

That is the bad boy snow blower! It will basically take any other snowblower, chew it up, and chuck it about 75'. There is nothing that will compare to it. Nothing. One of the coolest features I found was the balance of the machine. Most snowblowers will tilt back and climb for the sky when you hit some real solid snow. Not this one. In the showroom you can put all your weight on it and it will not tilt back.

Also, nothing else costs as much! Great for commercial use, overkill for one driveway.

0 Not allowed!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Snow Blower

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    ....any opinions out there?
    This is the wrong place to EVER ask for opinions. That being said though, I think that's WAY over priced. I've had a lowly ol' Craftsman for years that's served us incredibly well and taken an insane beating - you'd be hardpressed to tell it's as old as it is. I'd NEVER buy another Craftsman power equipment again though as their parts manu cycle ends after 2 years of production. Then you're on your own to fix it anyway you can. When it's time to do it over, I'll look at something that's built by a company that's known for building reliable power equipment. But I'd NEVER spend over $1000 on one...

BTW-as a side note: Our snowblower gets very little use now that I have the ATV & plow set-up. Clears snow in a fraction of the time and it's far more fun. I used the snowblower this past storm (almost a foot up here) simply to cut some of the snowbanks left by plowing...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Littering and........ highsider's Avatar

Snow Blower

Are you absolutely certain you want to snowblow a 100' driveway there, Batman?

0 Not allowed!
    I'd like a liter of cola.

Lifer

Snow Blower

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Are you absolutely certain you want to snowblow a 100' driveway there, Batman?
    +1 - I'd look for a new plow guy. No matter what the snow blower costs, some poor schmuck (aka YOU) needs to be out ther running it either before or after work. That 100' driveway gets pretty long and wide about the 10th time you have to clear it in the dark. I pay $22 a clip for my plow guy and he's only comes if there's over 6" of snow. Best feeling in the world is looking out the window with my cup of coffee and watching the snow go away.

0 Not allowed!
    SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Snow Blower

i would stay away from craftsman snow throwers. the one we have we bought new and its been nothing but a huge pain in the ass. its broken down every season including this past storm we had. stupid shit keeps stalling even though it gets a trip to the dealer every year. with a 100' id be buying something with the highest hp i could afford. got an atv or tractor? consider buying a plow for that? id rather look for a new plow guy though. 100' by at least 10' wide is alot of walking in the cold

or you could just man up and buy this

0 Not allowed!
    Tuono

Take Chance, Shit Pants TheIglu's Avatar

Snow Blower

For another couple grand you could of just bought a bucket loader like I did.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2001 Suzuki GSXR 750
    1995 Yamaha Vmax
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Snow Blower

quad w/plow attachment?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Snow Blower

Just get a few guys to lift it up. I mean, have you thought of a quad with a plow attachment? What about finding a new guy to plow it for you?

0 Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Snow Blower

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    For another couple grand you could of just bought a bucket loader like I did.
    Ummmm...I've been looking locally for something like that. Can't seem to find one for that kinda money that I trust...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Snow Blower

I'd like to go the ATV with Snowblower attached. (is that an option?)

0 Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Snow Blower

So...

I had the same plow guy for 34 years. (Not in the Biblical sense...he plowed my DRIVEWAY) He was reliable, did a great job, and never left me stranded. His wife died 3 years ago, he sold his house and moved north. You are all right. Even when he went to $30 a storm there was no better feeling than knowning Joe would be by and all I had to do was shovel my steps, and clean up in front of the garage doors.

After Joe I had another guy for two years. He charged $35.00 a storm and, once I got him to commit at the beginning of the season he was pretty reliable. No worries.

This year he and his wife spit up or some such fakking thing and he never returned my calls so I start looking again. Finally found a guy for $40.00 a storm, plus a freeking fuel overide and whatever. He was a nice guy but his truck was a little weak and his plow was narrow and he never cleaned it up as well as the others. After the 3rd storm this winter he burned out his clutch and after I spent 4 hours shoveling the wet heavy shit and bitching out my wife when she complained that my car was temporarily in her side of the garage and she had to walk 20 feet in deep snow, with her insistance, I decided to buy my own snow blower and not have to depend on others.

A good friend of mine has the slightly smaller version of the Honda and he had done a lot of research and he absolutlely swears by it. So, last night I called Naults. (I used to lead rides for THEM...great bunch of guys). I fully expected them to start laughing hysterically when I called them in the middle of the 5th freekin storm of the year asking if they had any snowblowers. I spoke with Keith and he was awesome and after determining the lenght, width and the fact that its got a pretty good slope, he recommended the HS1132TA. He gave me a good price and will be delivering it today.

I realize that there was only one respondent who thought this was a good choice...even if it was overkill...but I have decided to go for it anyway.

Having said that, I do appreciate all the feedback...you all know how difficult it is to get opinions on this board (Stoneman!).

Of course, now its about 40degrees and its going to rain Sunday and get into the 50s. So...you all can thank me for bringing this premature winter streak to an end. You're welcomed...

Dave

0 Not allowed!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Track-Duc 750SS
    Street-2010 Multistrada 1200 Tour
    www.batmanmoto.com
    batman@batmanmoto.com

"Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." Peter Egan

I'm offended. By choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast