Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Boston motorcycle parking...

Re: Boston motorcycle parking...

Quote Originally Posted by partyman66 View Post
    I don't know how people can live in the city and actually enjoy it. Aside from the fact that there are are an ungodly amount of smokin hot women there and there are usually some form of restaurants open at almost any time of any day, I hate almost everything else about big city life. Sorry for the rant... Haha.

Do you guys use the HOV lane on your way in on your bikes?
    We are raising three kids in the city. Being able to walk to a yacht club and sail in Boston Harbor is terrific. We want them to meet people who are different, and we want them to see what life is like for junkies, not try designer drugs at parties because they're bored.. They take the T all over the place with friends. They make $12-15 per hour babysitting. They attend two of the highest rated HS's in the state.

Brighton has some good parts but a lot of exploitive landlords. Not someplace people stay long after college.

We have some tenants who are single guys. They're dorks - with gorgeous gf's. I lived in NH and the burbs after college - dumb.

HOV. Lanes are no problem, plenty of room.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 07-09-15 at 05:15 AM.

Re: Boston motorcycle parking...

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    We are raising three kids in the city. Being able to walk to a yacht club and sail in Boston Harbor is terrific. We want them to meet people who are different, and we want them to see what life is like for junkies, not try designer drugs at parties because they're bored.. They take the T all over the place with friends. They make $12-15 per hour babysitting. They attend two of the highest rated HS's in the state.

Brighton has some good parts but a lot of exploitive landlords. Not someplace people stay long after college.

We have some tenants who are single guys. They're dorks - with gorgeous gf's. I lived in NH and the burbs after college - dumb.

HOV. Lanes are no problem, plenty of room.
    I always commute into Boston alone and mostly in my car so I've never tried using the HOV lane, but I just worry about how bad it could be if there is an accident in there since you can't get out of the HOV lane if it's blocked up ahead. Sometimes I see it at a complete standstill when I'm driving by in the regular traffic at an already pedestrian speed. Hopefully there's no sand or debris in there that gets moved around by that big yellow Jersey-barrier moving machine or big scrapes in the road surface?

To each their own.... but I love living in the burbs, always have, and wouldn't have it any other way. The woods, trail access for running/dirtbiking, lake access for fishing, wildlife abound, fresh air and the smell of blossoming vegetation, stars visible at night, less traffic, knowing I won't have to ever fight, pay or search for a parking spot, no price-gouging at stores, the space and freedom to reasonably do what I want without anyone else caring whether that's having a campfire, shooting pellet guns in the yard, or working on my vehicles outside. I'll take nature every single day over cement, pollution, noise, and people clamoring over eachother for resources or space in trains. After spending a day or two in Boston, I am just dying to get out of there and back to my peace, serenity, open space, and freedom of the burbs/rural hometown.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Yamaha R1
    2007 Suzuki SV1000S
    2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
    2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123