Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Feeler: 2004 CRF450 Motard with all the goodies

Feeler: 2004 CRF450 Motard with all the goodies

Looking to see if there is interest in my motard as a whole.

The motor is all completely new and I have only had ~1 hour on it from starting, testing, etc. I'm still having an issue where oil swaps from tranny to engine (common). It does run just fine but obviously once all the oil has swapped sides you've created a bad scenario so it needs to be fixed. I tried replacing a main shaft seal but it's still doing it. I'm sure it's one of the seals or gaskets but I don't have the time or energy to split the cases and figure it out... and with buying my house last year and everything I have decided to downsize my racing program to 1 bike.

I know it's not often a good idea to sell a bike with any issues but I figured I would see if there is any interest in the bike as-is at $4500. Otherwise I'm going to part it out. However that's a lot of work and time and I'm not too keen on that.

Pretty much everything on this bike is new or mint. I put a lot of money into rebuilding it after I blew the motor back in 2010 (it just had too much time on it) and it hasn't been raced or ridden except testing it a few laps at a td and a race practice.

This bike was doing 18s before I bought it and then it did 22/23 because I suck.

2004 CRF450R and I have the certificate of origin
    Powdercoated black frame and swingarm (looks sick) with all new bearings for swingarm and shock linkage and steering head bearings.

Wheels and brakes
    Marchesini Wheels (MSRP $2600 http://www.motostrano.com/Marchesini...s-p/kit-sa.htm)
    Brembo front master (MSRP $120 http://www.motostrano.com/Brembo-Mas.../942-1200x.htm)
    Motomaster floating front rotor (MSRP $329 http://shops.hookit.com/dominus/View...Disc/6200.aspx)
    Motomaster caliper (MSRP $545 http://shops.hookit.com/dominus/View...rKit/6358.aspx)
    Brand new motomaster supermoto standard pads (MSRP $45 http://shops.hookit.com/dominus/View...Pads/6760.aspx)
    Gearing is I believe 15-38 with 520 DID chain (could use a new chain and/or kit to stop tire contact)

Suspension
    Just refreshed front and rear by 35motorsports, 0 time on it
    bike lowered about 1in (good for motards)
    Front suspension built with white brothers supermoto stuff (no longer in business but excellent stuff)
    Rear shock revalved for SM
    TriStar racing motard offset triples (These are the hot setup and there are NOT available anymore anywhere, believe they cost like $750 new or something like that)

STM Slipper clutch (MSRP $1280 couldn't find the 450 but same price as 250 which is here http://www.motostrano.com/STM-Slippe...p/fhn-x010.htm)

The motor I wanted to be reliable so it is not built, just beefed up the head and the piston is 0.5 compression over stock so basically nothing. I don't want to add up what I put into rebuilding the motor but it was probably 1500-2000 bucks with these parts and oem parts)
    New crank and rod
    New cylinder
    New JE 12.5 piston (stock is 12.0)
    A couple new gears
    Light port and polish on head
    Kibblewhite stainless steel valves (won't eat into the head like the ti valves)
    Kibblewhite valve springs
    Head rebuilt and assembled by Harry's Machined Parts (did an amazing job according to Tricky Mike, the NESR god of all machinism)

Various other bits and pieces
    Acerbis red front motard fender
    Black fork guards, number plates front and rear
    Cycra supermoto handguards with black guards
    Renthal bars
    Carbon fiber tank guard
    Carbon fiber belly pan (race legal) with hose clamps to frame
    Hour meter
    Radiator guards
    Boyesen quickshot
    Hotcams shim kit
    Lots of spare parts in a box
    Honda manual

It's not in front of me so I will edit this post if I remember more stuff.

Obviously if you add up all the parts you are buying a top shelf motard for a cheap price. Even if you just decided to put a whole new motor in it from another bike you'd still be making out on the deal.

Here's a couple photos:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Feeler: 2004 CRF450 Motard with all the goodies-540520_10100845906837720_907943_58169440_1156634874_n-jpg   Feeler: 2004 CRF450 Motard with all the goodies-190008_10100129541823950_907943_53533893_2011095_n-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CEO; 05-24-12 at 07:43 AM.
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Re: Feeler: 2004 CRF450 Motard with all the goodies

This bike is incredible! I love it.

I will testify that this bike is one clean machine. He pits nearby and keeps his stuff nice. Personally I would sell the big bike and race the tard. But thats me.

If you start to part this thing out, let me know, may be interested in some things here and there. Or maybe an entire motor, who knows.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Thanks gents... definitely fun to ride, I'm just shifting my whole program around since I'm "growing up" and priorities are changing.

Cutting down to one bike and selling off some of my ancillary stuff is the only way I can keep racing.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

I also would be interested in a Zuma plus cash as I'm tired of borrowing Piggy's at the track

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

I'm unloading this back to my garage today so I can take some more pics if anyone wants

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

I've rekindled my desire to sort out the oil issue... so this is on hold for now. I'm hoping it's something simple like a gasket or seal.

If that's the case I think I want to race it a few times since I put so much time and money into it...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103