Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

  1. #1
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,704
    iTrader Score
    0

    Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?


    Hello,
    Anyone here ever heard of Joe's Sport Bikes in Pelham NH?
    Trust worthy dealer? Saw a listing he had on craigslist....
    He has a bike I'm interested in.

    0 Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  2. #2
    Wannabe racer... jwm2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,438
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    I worked at a bike dealer and routinely bought bikes at JoesSportbikes. Ive done business with him (I forget his first name, Joe is the brother) on over 35 bikes.

    1) His bikes are exactly as he describes, top notch.
    2) He is 100% firm on his prices....and does not budge. Even when I would buy a package of 3, 4, 6 bikes at once to re-sell at the dealership, I had to pay what he was asking.

    Good person, true and honest, and he dosent stock crap pieces.

    0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

    Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

  3. #3
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    snh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,749
    iTrader Score
    7 (100%)

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Does he have a storefront? What's his last name?

    If you are going to look in pelham get ahold of mike farris.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by G21forme; 09-28-12 at 05:02 PM.
    [/IMG][/URL]

  4. #4
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,704
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Joe Farris... Same guy I suppose...
    http://joessportbikes.com/
    here is his web site...
    good quality stock, prices close to nada or kbb price guides

    0 Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  5. #5
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    snh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,749
    iTrader Score
    7 (100%)

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Lol no that's his brother , mike is the other one both good guys. If you go to his house to look at bikes ask to see his 360

    0 Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    409
    iTrader Score
    0

    Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    I got my 08 r1 from him. Pretty straight forward and honest. Just like everyone said he is firm on his bikes. He does not have a store front but he has a lot of bikes during the winter.

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,704
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?


    1 Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  8. #8
    Expert Agitator GearHd6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashford, CT
    Posts
    688
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Sharp looking bike! Congrats!

    0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Quote Originally Posted by akira700 View Post
    Hello,
    Anyone here ever heard of Joe's Sport Bikes in Pelham NH?
    Trust worthy dealer? Saw a listing he had on craigslist....
    He has a bike I'm interested in.
    Beware, he doesn't stand behind what he sells, and is misleading with his bikes.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Posting Freak gumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canterbury, NH
    Posts
    844
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Beware, JCH sits behind his computer, and is misleading with his quotes.

    2 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Jason P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dracut
    Posts
    524
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Beware, JCH sits behind his computer, and is misleading with his quotes.
    lol man that guy wont quit.

    glad you bought the bike! Joe is a good guy to do business with. a few of my friends' have bought bikes from him and never complained.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    409
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Quote Originally Posted by JCH View Post
    Beware, he doesn't stand behind what he sells, and is misleading with his bikes.
    I like to know what you mean by that?

    1st I think he tells you he does not warranty his bike.

    2nd He told me he buys and sell bikes to make a profit and try's to screen them the best he can.

    0 Not allowed!

  13. #13

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Just bought a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT from Joe. Found his site on CL. He was totally professional and straight up. He even delivered the bike to me for a small fee, which I thought was fair.

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    379
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    I've sold a bike to him. Very easy guy to deal with and he seems very particular about the bikes he buys and sells. I'd feel confident buying one from him.

    0 Not allowed!
    12 Multistrada S Touring
    11 Street Triple R

  15. #15

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    I picked up my bike from Joe today. It was the second bike I bought from him and I did the layaway plan he offers. It is the PERFECT way to buy a bike. I don't have to store it or pay it all up front. He is always firm on the price like the other guy said but he prices them right, and his bikes are all super clean. Don't bother going anywhere else, if he has a bike you like you should buy from him.

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #16

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Recently, I attempted to buy a bike on Craigslist. The seller was contacted by Joe several minutes prior to me and was holding it for Joe if he could get his financing by the end of the week. Joe was able to purchase the bike (2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE) and did so for $4200. He then immediately posted it on his site for $5499. I tried in vain to purchase it for a reduced price immediately after he bought it. Though we both knew he got it for $4200 an hour earlier, the price was set.

    I understand this is business. This bike was top quality like all his other bikes appear to be and I cannot attest to whether or not buying/selling with him is a solid experience. However, if you are looking for a good deal, I would stick to Craigslist and individual sellers as I have no doubt this is how he handles all his bikes.

    0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Giggity Giggity Goooooooo JohnnyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westborough, MA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,796
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    I have never seen a bike posted by him that was unreasonable. While he's not GIVING used bikes away and you're not going to run away with a steal, he has built a reputation for having quality equipment at solid pricing. Can't fault the guy for snatching up a bike he thought he could make a profit on. Better luck next time.

    P.S. welcome to the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by delta_ View Post
    Recently, I attempted to buy a bike on Craigslist. The seller was contacted by Joe several minutes prior to me and was holding it for Joe if he could get his financing by the end of the week. Joe was able to purchase the bike (2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE) and did so for $4200. He then immediately posted it on his site for $5499. I tried in vain to purchase it for a reduced price immediately after he bought it. Though we both knew he got it for $4200 an hour earlier, the price was set.

    I understand this is business. This bike was top quality like all his other bikes appear to be and I cannot attest to whether or not buying/selling with him is a solid experience. However, if you are looking for a good deal, I would stick to Craigslist and individual sellers as I have no doubt this is how he handles all his bikes.

    1 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Take Chance, Shit Pants TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,329
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Quote Originally Posted by delta_ View Post
    Recently, I attempted to buy a bike on Craigslist. The seller was contacted by Joe several minutes prior to me and was holding it for Joe if he could get his financing by the end of the week. Joe was able to purchase the bike (2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE) and did so for $4200. He then immediately posted it on his site for $5499. I tried in vain to purchase it for a reduced price immediately after he bought it. Though we both knew he got it for $4200 an hour earlier, the price was set.

    I understand this is business. This bike was top quality like all his other bikes appear to be and I cannot attest to whether or not buying/selling with him is a solid experience. However, if you are looking for a good deal, I would stick to Craigslist and individual sellers as I have no doubt this is how he handles all his bikes.
    So a business tried to make money?


    Sounds like you are just butt-hurt that you didn't get the deal before he did. Let it go, it's just business.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2001 Suzuki GSXR 750
    1995 Yamaha Vmax
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  19. #19

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    I have never seen a bike posted by him that was unreasonable. While he's not GIVING used bikes away and you're not going to run away with a steal, he has built a reputation for having quality equipment at solid pricing. Can't fault the guy for snatching up a bike he thought he could make a profit on. Better luck next time.

    P.S. welcome to the forum.
    Thank you JohnnyV! Excited to be here, I've enjoyed reading through many threads.

    @TheIglu/JohnnyV: My original post was not a personal attack or an attempt to detract from his business- his bikes are very clean and he seems like a solid guy (from our brief conversation) who provides bikes at reasonable prices (with the conveniences a dealer can provide- layaway plan, clean title, RMV-1 form, etc). I just mentioned my experience for those who are doing research (as I was) and solely looking for a bargain due to budget constraints. I don't fault him at all, he beat me to it and is running a reputable business for the riding community.

    0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Posting Freak SwiftTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    15 min South of Boston
    Age
    31
    Posts
    860
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Bargain and dealer should not be used in the same sentence.

    0 Not allowed!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

    2006 Ducati Monster S2R 1000


  21. #21
    Bizarro Zoolander Petorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Posts
    1,180
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?

    Quote Originally Posted by delta_ View Post
    I just mentioned my experience for those who are doing research (as I was) and solely looking for a bargain due to budget constraints. I don't fault him at all, he beat me to it and is running a reputable business for the riding community.
    Thanks for the heads up man, I have been looking for a bargain and never would have thought that dealers might price their inventory above cost. I really appreciate your selfless vigilance. Did you make sure to also post on social media, google plus, yelp, BORN, and the local classifieds?

    1 Not allowed!
    LRRS AM #365
    Thanks to- Woodcraft

  22. #22
    Take Chance, Shit Pants TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,329
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: Joe's Sport Bikes Pelham NH?


    Just so everyone knows, all businesses sell things for more than they paid for them. Just a heads up. Don't want anyone getting screwed. I'm a good guy, really.

    1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2001 Suzuki GSXR 750
    1995 Yamaha Vmax
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •