Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Anyone here do ice bike racing?

Re: Anyone here do ice bike racing?

I will have a rear 18" Canadian for sale soon. IMA gonna upgrade my rear this year. I'll let it go for 200 bucks.

KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Anyone here do ice bike racing?-216481_1064188081411_6114_n-jpgIce riding is a blast. Gold Screws or Cold Cutters are a waste of time.. they usually spit them out and they have no grip (much like described a few posts ago !) Get a good set of Canadiens or Ferdette Tires. They work amazing.. its a blast sliding around and the grip is awesome.

Its been a few years since I have setup my bikes - but hoping to get some riding in this winter .

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Soon...

Found these guys in NH: Ice tires new studded with kold kutter tire liners Touch over $400 for a set of Kold Kutters with liners. I'm going to pester to see if they can build them with Kold Kutter Kanadians for the same price.

Looking at Fredette, they've got the traditional 'good stuff' for $660 a set: Fredette Racing Products Tires Studded Canadian stlye. Not AMA legal from Fredette Racing Products

AMA legal Fredettes are cheaper, $570 a set: Fredette Racing Products Motorcycle ice tires FRP studded Left Right turn. from Fredette Racing Products

What I'm curious about are these: Fredette Racing Products Moto Z Ice Tires from Fredette Racing Products
    They go for $610 a set and if I'm reading the description correctly should work better when the ice isn't perfect?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I emailed the craigslist guy to see if he would ship and take paypal. Seems wicked cheap, me likey. Are you planning on racing or just general shenanigans?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Just general shenanigans for me, which is why the Moto Zs intrigue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Found these guys in NH: Ice tires new studded with kold kutter tire liners Touch over $400 for a set of Kold Kutters with liners. I'm going to pester to see if they can build them with Kold Kutter Kanadians for the same price.

Looking at Fredette, they've got the traditional 'good stuff' for $660 a set: Fredette Racing Products Tires Studded Canadian stlye. Not AMA legal from Fredette Racing Products

AMA legal Fredettes are cheaper, $570 a set: Fredette Racing Products Motorcycle ice tires FRP studded Left Right turn. from Fredette Racing Products

What I'm curious about are these: Fredette Racing Products Moto Z Ice Tires from Fredette Racing Products
    They go for $610 a set and if I'm reading the description correctly should work better when the ice isn't perfect?
    Wondering if I should ditch the AMA legal Fredette's I bought....

I don't plan on racing, just getting out on the ice and messing around.

Sounds like with the race legal tires the conditions have to be perfect?

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

AMA Fredettes are pretty damn good IIRC. World's better than normal kold kutters by hand. I'd say run'em and compare against someone's canadians before dropping the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    AMA Fredettes are pretty damn good IIRC. World's better than normal kold kutters by hand. I'd say run'em and compare against someone's canadians before dropping the cash.
    Roger that, sounds like a good plan.

LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Don't listen to kurlon. Sell me your ama's and buy Canadians! Haha. Seriously though, im wondering what the deal is with mr craigslist and if its worth spending the extra 170 (plus shipping) on proper fredettes. I want ama legal ones because id like to try and hit the Sturbridge ices races sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by repete513 View Post
    Don't listen to kurlon. Sell me your ama's and buy Canadians! Haha. Seriously though, im wondering what the deal is with mr craigslist and if its worth spending the extra 170 (plus shipping) on proper fredettes. I want ama legal ones because id like to try and hit the Sturbridge ices races sooner or later
    If you come across some non-AMA Fredette's or an equally good brand, then let me know (or if you figure out the deal with Mr. Craigslist). We might be able to work out a trade or something if you're thinking about racing.

LRRS 919

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123