Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

NHMS 2015+ Thread

Re: NHMS 2015+ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Wouldn't a notarized, then faxed, signature?
    Still not quite the same status. Ink on paper trumps faxes which trumps e-signatures / PDF / etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Still not quite the same status. Ink on paper trumps faxes which trumps e-signatures / PDF / etc.
    So what does the ink signed license application cover that is not already covered by the multiple signatures I give out every race weekend? (Talking about gate, tech, etc, not fan autographs)

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Different levels of indemnity. On the license app you're signing a wavier for the license and any stupidity you might do with it, including using it to play at places outside CCS that accept other's licenses.

At an event, now you're signing away specifically for the event, for the place hosting the event, etc. The more ink they collect, the stronger their case against you when you decide CCS secretly installed that quick change rear sprocket on your bike...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Different levels of indemnity. On the license app you're signing a wavier for the license and any stupidity you might do with it, including using it to play at places outside CCS that accept other's licenses.

At an event, now you're signing away specifically for the event, for the place hosting the event, etc. The more ink they collect, the stronger their case against you when you decide CCS secretly installed that quick change rear sprocket on your bike...
    The "originals required" is an outdated practice - absolutely unnecessary for a situation where you're indemnifying a race track. I deal with signing / gathering signatures all the time at work - for some pretty important agreements. The only time I've been asked for originals is when opening an account / making changes to the signing authority of a bank account (i.e. in a situation where someone might be incentivized to forge a signature).

To make the original more valuable than an emailed copy, you'd have to prove that someone broke into your email account, forged your signature, and sent it in BEFORE THE EVENT that you're suing over.

With an original, sure you have more evidence for a handwriting expert, but I'd almost argue that the electronic trail makes a stronger case in this day and age than relying on the expert testimony of a handwriting analyst.

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Any news on changes and updates to come at NHMS and in the series/rulebook??

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

The rulebook got sent to the officials again today, so that should be ready soon. I'm not expecting to hear from Tommy for a little while about NHMS changes in general. Those guys are putting together the NASCAR stuff this time of year and don't get back to the other stuff for a little bit.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Rulebook is up!

http://www.nhms.com/documents/2015_lrrs_rulebook.pdf

Also I heard a rumor that LRRS is moving to starting lights is that true?! The rulebook reads like that is the case also.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345