Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

motogp @ cota

motogp @ cota

not sure where to post this...

i'm planning to go to the motogp @ cota in april and wondering which ticket package might be best. the multi-turn package looks good (but pricey) because you get access to the main straight, turn 1 and turn 15.

any suggestions?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: motogp @ cota

My personal favorite is turn 1. Can see the most of the track. But, you can see most of the track just walking around too.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

We had general admission. Despite being on your feet for a long time it was great. If I were to go back I'd probably just do GA again.

I went both years and bought the General Admission tickets for the weekend and walked around. I have no idea whether the grandstands provide a better view, but we enjoyed walking around and watching the races close up at different parts of the track. If I go this year (probably will), I'll but the General Admission again.

Last year you could buy (2) 3-day tickets plus parking (1 car, all 3 days) for $139 at Costco. The catch is the sale was for a limited time and it was only at Austin area Costco, so you have to know someone in the area to buy them for you.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

I like the main grandstand tickets for the race, I usually just walk around Friday, sat. The venue is awesome, they have tons of stuff going on, much better than formula 1 races in person.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    Last year you could buy (2) 3-day tickets plus parking (1 car, all 3 days) for $139 at Costco. The catch is the sale was for a limited time and it was only at Austin area Costco, so you have to know someone in the area to buy them for you.
    Just tossing it out there, I'm in Austin, I have a Costco membership, and I've been known to accept bribes.

-Jon

'14 Aprilia Tuono - crack on 2 wheels, '14 Ninja 300, '04 BMW M3

A little more than 3 weeks to go. It looks like I might be in Austin that week for work so another Moto GP weekend could happen.
    Who's going this year?

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

i'm in for sure, and i'm going with a couple of fellow racers (well, they're racers, i'm just a track junkie).

Went last year and had only T15 seats, the lower which I advise to get the higher seating if possible, but I also bought the paddock pass which was well worth it if you end up going that route.

Wish I was able to go again this year

jason p, i was debating the paddock pass, but it's really expensive. why was it worth it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    jason p, i was debating the paddock pass, but it's really expensive. why was it worth it to you?
    because of the following reasons:

THATS MY HELMETTTTT

oh and also:

Aside from meeting over 3/4 of the riders and getting my helmet signed it was a great place to be in. The best rider I met was probably Colin, what a great guy. Sure it's pricey but you're only going to go to one race this year why not least go out with some of the stops ya know?

If you want to see how it was here: https://jasonphan.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/cota-motogp/

I did the Paddock Pass for Indy 2 years ago and it was well worth the cost! I was able to get pics with every GP rider as well as a couple Moto2 and Moto3 riders. Seeing them go between garage and office, come out to sign autographs, etc. It's definitely worth the extra cost for the Paddock Pass just for the experience alone.

2016 Ninja 650

Been twice. First time I sat on the grass in T1. It was OK.

Last year we sat in the T15 Grandstand. I think that's the best location. Great viewing of T12-16 and there's a good view of the Giant Screen for the rest of the track.

First year we stayed near the airport and last year we stayed downtown. Stay downtown! We took a cab back and forth to the track...shared with 3 or 4 of us. Austin is a great town. Don't miss the bats from under the Congress Street Bridge...

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

For guys that have been before, did you fly into Austin or go to Dallas and drive north?

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    For guys that have been before, did you fly into Austin or go to Dallas and drive north?
    Uh...the first year we were supposed to fly to Austin but the flight got cancelled. While we were rebooking to Dallas we ran into John Owens and his son. We shared a rental and drove from Dallas.

I wouldn't do that again if I could fly directly to Austin which we did last year...!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Uh...the first year we were supposed to fly to Austin but the flight got cancelled. While we were rebooking to Dallas we ran into John Owens and his son. We shared a rental and drove from Dallas.

I wouldn't do that again if I could fly directly to Austin which we did last year...!
    Thanks mate. I should probably have started looking a little bit earlier

Fly directly to Austin.

If you do fly to Dallas, I'd recommend driving south. I'm in Texas quite a bit (including right now) and traffic can be much worse than anything Boston has to offer. With no traffic it's about 3.5 hours from Dallas to Austin. I drove from COTA to Dallas after the 1st MotoGP and traffic was so bad it took nearly six hours.

DanG
    - Blaise Pascal

I flew into Houston as prices on SW at the time were about $100 cheaper. We took what we saved amongst 4 people and rented a car. It was only two hours. Not too bad. Also met with a local member of the R6 forum for some Mexican so it wasn't too bad.

Yep, Southwest "wanna get away" is the way to go from BOS>AUS. Won't show up on kayak or any other travel site.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Thanks guys. Definitely won't fly into DFW now..!

Any suggestions on accommodation? I was going to bring the Mrs but now it looks like I'll be flying solo.

I'm also flying out there with the lady..haven't bought tix yet - wasn't sure whether I should buy something off craigslist or just go GA...

Fly directly to Austin.

If you do fly to Dallas, I'd recommend driving south. I'm in Texas quite a bit (including right now) and traffic can be much worse than anything Boston has to offer. With no traffic it's about 3.5 hours from Dallas to Austin. I drove from COTA to Dallas after the 1st MotoGP and traffic was so bad it took nearly six hours.
    I might have to fly into Austin on Saturday but then drive back to Dallas on Monday. How bad do you think the drive will be?

I might have to fly into Austin on Saturday but then drive back to Dallas on Monday. How bad do you think the drive will be?
    With light traffic, it takes me about 3-3.5 hours. But it can get much worse. I've never made the trip on a Monday morning, but my two Sunday night drives were about 3.5 and 5.5 hours.

I'm driving to Dallas after the races. PM me if you'd like a ride, but I have to drive Sunday night to be in the office early Monday morning.

If you're driving Monday, be sure to check the mileage charge for a one-way rental.

DanG
    - Blaise Pascal

With light traffic, it takes me about 3-3.5 hours. But it can get much worse. I've never made the trip on a Monday morning, but my two Sunday night drives were about 3.5 and 5.5 hours.

I'm driving to Dallas after the races. PM me if you'd like a ride, but I have to drive Sunday night to be in the office early Monday morning.

If you're driving Monday, be sure to check the mileage charge for a one-way rental.
    I'll send you a PM, thanks mate! A ride would be great. One-way rentals are fucked, $180 for an econobox for 3 days..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast