Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2014 kx450

2014 kx450

Can anyone tell me if this bike is legal to race Lrrs I am trying to add it to my entry but won't let me am I screwed or doing something wrong any help would be appreciated thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2014 kx450

Martire had no problem running one.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    When I am on the site it keeps running the interview then stopping something maybe wrong with the site

Well not to nit pick but he had plenty of problems ........ lol just not with registration. Good luck with the Kawi! Should be ok as long as your not trying to get 70hp out of it

Yea...there was an older guy from CT that rode one and nothing but issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs428 View Post
    Well not to nit pick but he had plenty of problems ........ lol just not with registration. Good luck with the Kawi! Should be ok as long as your not trying to get 70hp out of it
    You picked the wrong nit. I don't recall him shooting the rod through the bottom of his bike.
    It's a motard with a high strung motor. They're all gonna blow at some point.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I hope so trackintel says its only good for flattrack anyone know who i should talk to thanks

Once...... not blown up 5 times a season , how many times did your Motard blow up last year , anyway just a word of caution on running one , Trevor (Chiappisi) couldn't keep either one of his together either and he will straight up tell you don't run one so must be some validity. Maybe if you reached out to him he could tell you what his problems were and what you could do different to not have the same issues. Im sure he would help out he is a stand up dude.

You picked the wrong nit. I don't recall him shooting the rod through the bottom of his bike.
    It's a motard with a high strung motor. They're all gonna blow at some point.

Last edited by lrrs428; 04-02-15 at 02:04 AM.

Yeah sounds like you should contact https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...157042&fref=ts

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Not sure if RSV4 wanted this thread to turn into advice on what bike to run, but I'd love to see more people in the class - not just have people show up, blow up, and peace out. So I'll take liberty to add my 2 cents :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs428 View Post
    ...Trevor (Chiappisi)....will straight up tell you don't run one ....
    To the OP all I can say is that I rarely see KX motards. My perception is that the field is mostly CRF's, then KTM's - there's a guy running a YZ450(? I think) but he blew a head gasket at NYST before R7 if I recall. I have been away from dirt riding too long to know if that's just representative of the brands' overall popularity or their resistance to popping motors...

I know it might seem cheaper to "run what you brung" - but none of these bikes are really designed for the high revs and time at WOT that comes with roadracing, especially at a place like Loudon vs. the go-cart tracks that most people ride 'tards on.

My suggestion would be to post on supermotojunkie.com to see if those bikes have a tendency to pop or if maybe Trevor's experience was unusual.
    I'm sure you'll hear some weak point about every bike, somehow have to figure out how serious of a weakness it really is.
    I've heard CRF's eat valves for breakfast, and that the bottom end is the achilles heel of the KTM RFS engine. I ran my motard almost every weekend last year (NHMS and NYST) and didn't blow up...but then again right now I'm getting ready to split cases / put crank bearings in for no reason other than as "cheap insurance."

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ductard; 04-07-15 at 12:54 PM.
    "Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Come to Boxshop, lots more variety in machines there, including those silly green ones.

Edit: Also, you're legal for just about everything other than Formula 300 and 125 GP. Behold the splendor that is the CCS single cylinder blind spot!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks for all the advice, raced moto for many years started in 79 stopped around 2003 then got into road, my racing license in 2011, tried sportbike didnt feel comfortable so i took a wr250x up last october and had a blast. just bought a new kx450 and equipped it for street also installed a slipper clutch so iam kinda stuck with the bike, any info is appreciated as road racing is totally different from mx thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by rsv4 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice, raced moto for many years started in 79 stopped around 2003 then got into road, my racing license in 2011, tried sportbike didnt feel comfortable so i took a wr250x up last october and had a blast. just bought a new kx450 and equipped it for street also installed a slipper clutch so iam kinda stuck with the bike, any info is appreciated as road racing is totally different from mx thanks again
    You could have just said "I was riding mx before you were born"

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

yea at 52 gets harder and harder to put a leg over a bike but hope to do the entire lrrs series

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Like Josh mentioned, check out Boxshop Speedway in Parsonsfield ME if you want another fun place to ride your SM.

I will check out box shop thanks again