Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

leather rentals

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

leather rentals

the wife and i are planning on doing a fair amount of trackdays this year. she has an A* suit that doesnt fit her anymore. ive been trying to sell it but i cant seem to. i also cant afford to buy her something new until its sold. i know that seacoast rents suits, does anyone know if they have womens stuff?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Re: leather rentals

I'm reasonably sure they do what is needed and then sell rentals for discounted prices. Give Pat a call. I'm pretty sure she can find a way to help you out.

Call adrenaline. Justin does a lot of rentals for Tony's. Tony gets a fair amount of women.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Tony gets a fair amount of women.
    Okay then. I'll keep mine safe at home.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

justin is too far for me.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Are you planning to buy a new suit at all this year? Consider this.. If you buy a $1000 suit that you were going to buy anyways on a credit card with 18% interest you will only pay $15/mo in interest. If you are going to 1 track day/mo then your pre rental fee is only $15. Penguin charges $40 for a suit rental. That $25 savings/tracksday saves you more money you can put towards paying off the suit. If you go to 5 track days in 5 months you'll have saved $125 over renting. But if you don't intend to buy the suit at all then it would only cost $200 to rent for 5 days and you'd save the whole purchase price of the suit and interest.

that was some math. i dont WANT to buy a suit, but she NEEDS a suit since hers doesnt fit. i most definitely dont intend on spending $1000+ on a suit for her. i already bought her one for $800 that she barely used and now is useless to her so why would i buy her an even more expensive suit?
    the rental suit idea is a last resort since TDs are coming up fast and she needs something. we went to SSC the other night and she tried on a bunch of suits but cant find anything that fits her right. she may need a 2pc or worse yet, a custom suit. guess whos NOT spending $1700 on one of those? this guy.
    the hope was we could get by with a rental for a couple of TDs until i can find something used that fits her. it would hurt a lot less if i could sell her old one.
    you know who needs a $1000+ suit? me. my 2pc joe rocket has served me well but is at least 10 years old and has been crashed in more times than i can remember and the jacket part is my street jacket.
    can you tell im perturbed by this whole thing?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

EBay... I have seen good deals on lightly used suits on eBay.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Last edited by sedanman; 04-11-15 at 09:51 AM.
    Normal is an illusion, what is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    ya, i just need to find out a size that fits first.
    i dont think its as simple as just buying one as when she finds one that fits in the legs, its too big in the shoulders, chest and arms

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    Also a good venue to sell the old suit. If the only place it's listed for sale is on this forum, you're really limiting your market to a pretty small sample of people that might be looking for the suit. Toss it on eBay for $500 OBO or toss it up for $100 auction and just take whatever it goes to.

The link to the ebay listings I posted is for made to your/her measurements eithe 1 or 2 piece suits for less than 350 shipped to your door. This is the option i will be using for my wife as she too has an ample posterior.

Normal is an illusion, what is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

What about that Roberto guy for alterations to make the one you have fit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    Also a good venue to sell the old suit. If the only place it's listed for sale is on this forum, you're really limiting your market to a pretty small sample of people that might be looking for the suit. Toss it on eBay for $500 OBO or toss it up for $100 auction and just take whatever it goes to.
    its not, i started here and BoRn hoping to not have to travel or ship too far. i reached out further through social media sites specific to this community and even more specifically, women riders. i was trying to avoid dealing with ebay fees and other bullshit too.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    What about that Roberto guy for alterations to make the one you have fit right?
    my understanding is that making a leather suit bigger, while not impossible, is quite difficult and costly.
    with that said, we could buy a suit that too big and have it brought in, but then i feel like id be buying the suit twice (im guessing on that part since i am unaware as to what leather alterations cost)

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    that was some math. i dont WANT to buy a suit, but she NEEDS a suit since hers doesnt fit. i most definitely dont intend on spending $1000+ on a suit for her. i already bought her one for $800 that she barely used and now is useless to her so why would i buy her an even more expensive suit?
    the rental suit idea is a last resort since TDs are coming up fast and she needs something. we went to SSC the other night and she tried on a bunch of suits but cant find anything that fits her right. she may need a 2pc or worse yet, a custom suit. guess whos NOT spending $1700 on one of those? this guy.
    the hope was we could get by with a rental for a couple of TDs until i can find something used that fits her. it would hurt a lot less if i could sell her old one.
    you know who needs a $1000+ suit? me. my 2pc joe rocket has served me well but is at least 10 years old and has been crashed in more times than i can remember and the jacket part is my street jacket.
    can you tell im perturbed by this whole thing?
    You guys came in Thursday night, right? Unfortunately I don't work on Thursdays so I couldn't be there to help. I did talk to Jim about it and I'm looking into a couple of options for her. I'm just trying to verify some of the sizing (men's vs women's) with Dainese and then will check on availability. I'll give her a call tomorrow to discuss.
    -P

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

rides bikes

If a 42 or 46 will fit either of you, I have leathers you can borrow. The 42 is in better shape, but both will pass tech. I'm in Boston.

Does she do any street riding anymore? A 2 piece might be better in that case, especially if she already has a leather jacket. She could get a zipper put on the jacket, and then you're just buying pants.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

she wears textile on the street.