Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

April 24th Disount Deadline Tomorrow!

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Re: April 24th Disount Deadline Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs313 View Post
    KX450 motard rentals?
    BOOM! We have a winner. Hopefully these will be ready for May - a fleet of 4 Kawasaki motard bikes. We ran this idea by a number of people over the winter and it was met with a bunch of enthusiasm. All of the dirt bike guys who have been on the fence about trying out the racetrack, this will be a great chance to show them why we love it so much. As soon as we have a definite date we'll post it everywhere. Should be a ton of fun.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cool. Is Kawi doing the builds or will Penguin be doing that in house? In particular I'm curious what you're opting for up front for brakes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    BOOM! We have a winner. Hopefully these will be ready for May - a fleet of 4 Kawasaki motard bikes. We ran this idea by a number of people over the winter and it was met with a bunch of enthusiasm. All of the dirt bike guys who have been on the fence about trying out the racetrack, this will be a great chance to show them why we love it so much. As soon as we have a definite date we'll post it everywhere. Should be a ton of fun.
    Nice.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Does this mean I get a free rental bike for guessing right? That's an awesome addition to the fleet. I may have to take advantage of this to retake the school and get back out there.

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

We are definitely building them. The front brake setup will start out as just an oversized rotor with some upgraded pads. We'll ride them a bit and see what we think. The big motomaster setups are silly powerful, and sometimes overkill. For a rental it might be good to have something that is a little less touchy. But again, we'll make that call after riding them. These things should be fun and are aimed at making it more attractive for guys who ride the dirt to come play with us at the track.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

These things should be fun and are aimed at making it more attractive for guys who ride the dirt to come play with us at the track.
    As an added side benefit it should also make it more attractive for Eric and friends to come play with the motard guys again..........................

I've had a couple full time sumo riders suggest just running the OEM caliper on a relocation bracket for my machine and thought they were nutter. Doing so would be cheaper than finding a compatible 4 pot setup, I'm just worried about overcooking the poor thing. If you're going to give it a go on the rentals maybe I will as well.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I've had a couple full time sumo riders suggest just running the OEM caliper on a relocation bracket for my machine and thought they were nutter. Doing so would be cheaper than finding a compatible 4 pot setup, I'm just worried about overcooking the poor thing. If you're going to give it a go on the rentals maybe I will as well.
    Josh,

The stock MX style caliper on a relocation bracket is what I run on my back-up Husky and it does just fine. It doesn't brake as well as the brake on my primary Husky but it gets the job done with no major drama. Admittedly, I am running at the slower end of the spectrum but I say give it a try on the WReck and if it needs upgrading do it then. Why waste time and money for something you may not need.

Joel

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Guess that's what I'll try first then.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    As an added side benefit it should also make it more attractive for Eric and friends to come play with the motard guys again..........................
    You can count on seeing Jeff a few times for sure. He's planning to build one for himself.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The weather looks to be nice and dry for our event this Friday, be sure to sign up today to take advantage of the 1-9 day pre registration discount. Thursday morning the rates will change to the walk in rate!

Registration for All Classes and Racer Practice HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12