Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#7 LRRS Round 1

#7 LRRS Round 1

Cold was the word of the weekend. I rolled up Thursday night with the intent of doing Friday practice. I dragged my feet all morning and finally registered after lunch. The first session went well enough for me but my teammate, Bill Morey visited the turn 3 corner workers. During the next session I added to the artistic array of scrapes in the turn 1a asphalt. The Woodcraft foot peg and hand guard absorbed almost all the damage. It didn't even scratch the paint. Digging into the parts bin got me back out on track for the next session. Friday night I picked up a fresh set of Pirelli's to start off the season properly.

P-89 Lights

A good start (finally) on my part lead to an early lead. I cautiously pushed through the first couple laps and then started looking back. Nobody was in sight. I was getting the cue at the halfway point that I had a huge lead. With the cold conditions I eased up a little expecting to coast into first place. On the last lap going into turn 6 BJ Worsham smoked by me going into 6. I did the double take to confirm that really did just happen. Crap! This can't happen! I twisted the throttle and closed within striking distance as we caught up to Noel Guidone going into 9. BJ lined up for the outside pass and I made the split second decision to drive up the inside. I made the pass before the apex but went into 9 fast and off line. The pucker factor was intense but the fresh tires held and I finished the race in first.

Ultralight Superbike

I went into this race expecting a lot of competition and wasn't let down. Despite having pole I think I went into turn 1 in about 5th. I picked off a few other riders on the first lap but still had Andy Hull and Eric Shaw in front. Eric and I swapped positions back and forth for the next 5 laps but neither of us could find a way past Andy. On lap 7 I squirted up the inside going into the bowl passing Andy and opening up a lead that I was able to maintain until the checkered flag.

Overall it was an amazing weekend. My team mate, Adam Clark, separated his shoulder Friday afternoon. He found strength from within and not only made it to the grid but completed all three of the races he was scheduled to compete in. Bill Morey, another teammate, made a solid showing after an abysmal last season. I have confidence both of them are going to be a pain in my ass as the season continues. Thanks go out to Woodcraft for the parts that kept my bike pretty despite its close proximity to the asphalt, Computrack Boston for the fresh front end that kept me rubber side down when I wasn't doing something dumb and MTAG/Pirelli for the rubber that stuck despite the cold conditions.

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Lifer

Re: #7 LRRS Round 1

Let the record show your incident Friday was before the official start of the 2015 season.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Great seeing ya and the beard John. Always a good time hanging out with you!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks for letting me ride your bike. The old POS handles kinda funny, but I guess you're used to that. Your sponsors did a great job for me also, for whatever that may be worth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Picking up where you left off. Way to earn that single digit.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

John represented us well this last weekend and proud to have him as a teammate both on and off the track, It was a collective effort that made it possible to even attempt to make the grid.
    This is currently how NOT together my shoulder is lol, this is all to familiar
    #7 LRRS Round 1-rshoulder-jpg

Last edited by lrrs428; 04-27-15 at 09:03 PM.

How did you get 7 laps when everyone else got 6? 😛

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Good question. Maybe I'm faster than I think?

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Lifer

I bet it was the beard.

STROKE ITTT!!!

Killin it man!

Your trailer knocker is sick. Like...gross sick. Like...ew. WTF!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!