Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

151 Racing Round 1 April 2015 Race Report

151 Racing Round 1 April 2015 Race Report

It’s tough to begin this one. Hopes were very high for this season. The bike was fresh, the plan was fresh, and as a rider I was more prepared than ever. The weekend started well. I arrived Thursday night, and unpacked. The goal of Friday practice was to shake off the cobwebs and not crash. In fact, not crashing and self control were on my mind the entire weekend. I skipped the first session and completed the remainder of the practices of the day. the bike felt good, if not a little slippery, but I assumed it was because of the cold.

Amateur GTL:
    This is probably my favorite race. It was shortened to only 20 minutes because of the cold, and I was indifferent to that change. I got a good start and held first place for a few laps. Brian 345 passed me, followed by Kyle 609 and I fell into a slow rhythm trying not to crash with a best lap of 1:24.9. The front tire was sliding much more than I like so I didn’t try to catch them. #345 ended up crashing out on the last lap and bumped me to second place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gfOf5C-iBU

Amateur Lightweight Grand Prix:
    I was not happy about this race. I got a good start but there was a red flag and we all came back in. The second start was garbage and it put me 3rd or 4th back into turn one. I got hit and passed in the melee in turn 1A, then fell into place behind 938 Mike Wankum and finished in 6th with a best lap of 1:29. The front end of the bike still didn’t feel 100% so, my brain told me to take it easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Virhg2zyf5o

Sunday brought a little warmer temperatures and I had high hopes for my three races. I also discovered Saturday that my tire gauge was reading 2 psi high compared with the Dunlop one. It explains the lack of front end confidence from saturday.

Amateur Lightweight Superbike:
    This was a bit of a strange race. It was the last race before lunch and we had a crash involving 3 people and ambulances. It all happened behind me so I was lucky to not be involved. We restarted after lunch and I took the wholeshot into turn one. I held it and rode easy 1:24’s to my first amateur win. Woo hoo!!

YouTube

Amateur Lightweight Supersport:
    This is my race, not fancy fast ducatis, or built motor SV’s to fight. There is a relatively equal playing field and I’m riding my high from my first win. THe rain starts just as we are doing our warmup lap, never a good sign. Ignoring the rain for now, I get a mediocre start, and let 103 CEO, 345 Brian, and 613 Doug in front of me. The track doesn’t feel slick so I decide to pass 103 into 1 and put my head down to catch the leaders, who have got about a 10 second gap on me now, but are closing on the novices. I’m hoping in the mix I can catch them. So I’m passing a novice on the outside of turn 6, and she looses it. Her sliding bike hits mine, and knocks me off line. I didn’t hit the deck immediately, which at the time I thought was awesome, but I did get pointed into the rocks. About 20’ into the gravel trap my bike stopped riding on top and sunk into them. The bike cartwheeled launching me in the air and eventually landing back on top of me pinning me underneath it. I ended up with an injured foot, hip, and a broken humerus, that’s not funny, and possibly rotator cuff tearing. I kinda wish the bike took me out and I could have slid instead of being a human catapult. That was the end of racing for me that weekend, and depending on what the ortho tells me, I may not be back until June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh17cdlBmj0

Thunderbike: DNS

Thank you to all my sponsors, friends, and Family. Without you this wouldn’t be possible.
    IBEW Local 104
    Computrack Boston
    Dave Consalvo and Team Amsoil
    Woodcraft CFM
    Armour Bodies
    Dunlop Race Tire Service
    EBC Brakes
    LRRS and NHMS

Where can I find some pictures of the weekend?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: 151 Racing Round 1 April 2015 Race Report

Very sorry to hear about the arm JC.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bum mer. I'll be by tomorrow to unload errthang.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Bummer about the crash... Heal up quick!

Thank you for posting that LWGP video. I love it! (Except for that last 10 seconds where I loose momentum exiting 12 for the checker, fall off the pipe and become a sitting duck...)

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Eatibus almost anythingus Marc R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    ...a broken humerus, that’s not funny...
    consider a repost in "terrible joke thread"

aw shit JC... that is a worse diagnosis than we thought... sorry to hear buddy :/

On the other hand it was a lot of fun hanging out and racing with you this weekend and I know you'll be back as soon as you're able.

And thanks for the footage from LWSS! Man I can really see how much of a bitch I am on this bike... haha. Good stuff to work on that I can see, I'll get there. A brake bleed will help me work on markers next round.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Great racing with you buddy heal up!!

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

dude you were moving this weekend. And thats what really sucks when you share the track with different level riders. Mistakes do happen and I am sure nobody wanted to take you out.
    If there is anything I can do to help let me know please you got my number..
    Heal up and I hope to see you in May. You have championships to chase bro.

Lifer

Speedy recovery bud.

Bummer bud - heal up good and we'll see you soon. If you're hurting and can't race, come hang out with us in the CMP garage. We'll treat you like royalty.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Damn dude, I thought I saw you laughing as I came around at the end, figured you weren't hurt. Heal up quick and double-down on those season goals.

Bummer end to the weekend but congrats on a stellar performance up the there. You were running well and having fun, I enjoy pitting near you guys. Best of luck on a speedy mend and hopefully we'll see you at round 2 whether your riding or not.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

C'mon man, I need you to dice with! Sucks to hear, see you ASAP!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

I was watching from the bleachers and saw most everything. You come up on her from the outside to make the pass and I think she heard/saw your front wheel and may have touched the front brake some and there went her front wheel. Unfortunately, she slides in your pathway and you know the rest of the story.

I was watching you in an earlier race and you where moving right along. You looked ok once you got the bike off from your lower leg/foot. Sorry to hear about the break.

2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

Get well soon !!!

Dan

LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s
    Racing for: Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Sponsors: Woodcraft CFM, Armorbodies, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.

Thanks everyone! The walk-in doctor said that the break didn't look too bad. I had the feeling that I broke a bone, when I break something I just know it, but I thought it was my foot. Anyway, I am going tomorrow to see an orthopedic and he should be able to set me straight. I really would like to be out there for May, but it's coming so quick and my bike needs work. It's going to be hard to line everything up. I'll try anyway. I really appreciate all the support and hope to be out battling with all of you soon. It's my goal to film and post every race I run in, so look for yourself in all of them.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

It's my goal to film and post every race I run in, so look for yourself in all of them.
    I know every person is different but I want to share this with you. I stopped doing that because it is an extra distraction that you really dont need when you try to be as fast and safe as possible and two I now consider it bad luck. just my personal experience with cameras and shit. if you can find someone who will be responsible for that part then do that. My worst finish at LRRS last year was the two races I recorded, and my worst race in Daytona was the only one I had the gopro on. LOL

I don't really think about it that much. Turn camera on. Race. Try to remember to turn it off when you come in lol.

It's nice to be able to look at what you're doing and compare it to what you thought you were doing... often different.

I forgot mine this weekend though, and need to decide how I'm going to mount it.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

It's my goal to film and post every race I run in, so look for yourself in all of them.
    So how far into GTL did you start lapping the slow AMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    So how far into GTL did you start lapping the slow AMs?
    My thought exactly!! For now at my speed, the only way I'll see myself is if I beat him to the grid or he laps me. LOL

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Lifer

I have to say you are an animal. I can't believe you stood in the parking lot Sunday afternoon bullshitting with us with a broken arm.
    Any dude that can stand there with a broken bone like that will be back. Back soon and back big.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I hope so. I really thought my foot was broke. As far as racing and filming, I don't even think about it. It doesn't add any stress to my situation at the moment. If it becomes stressful I'll stop.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Just to back form the ortho. The cap on the top of my humerus broke. The break goes down the bone a few inches. Everything is all together. He doesn't expect any rotator cuff problems, but we won't know until the bone is healed. He gave me four weeks until movement and 6 weeks for a recovery time. It looks like I'll miss the May round. Tear . But, I should be back for June.

Humerus breaks aren't funny. I'm going to be boned for the rest of the race season. I can't catch a break.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

You so punny!

PS pull a clahkie and just ignore all injuries... haha

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Humerus breaks aren't funny. I'm going to be boned for the rest of the race season. I can't catch a break.
    Oh snap!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast