Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NYST Typical Day?

NYST Typical Day?

I just posted this in the NYST forum, but then I realized it gets like no traffic and does not appear on the homepage, so I am reposting...feel free to merge/move the two.

The NYST website is lacking a lot of information or I just suck at the internet.

Is there a write-up of how a typical day goes? Are there groups? Cars/bikes at the same time? Do days sell out?

I'm considering heading up memorial day weekend but I have NO IDEA if this is a sold out event, if I will be ran over by a car, if I can camp, etc...

Can someone point me to a review of a typical member car/bike day at NYST? The price is most definitely right, I'd love to get up there and do it.

Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

xxaarraa

Re: NYST Typical Day?

This year, usually, it's 4 groups with one of them being a car group. 15 minute rotations. However, cars are invited on select weekends only. If no cars, 3 groups.

Call the 917 number and you will speak with Victoria, she will give you all the info you are looking for.

Depends on the weekend, but they have had good turnout / sell outs for most weekends since mid last season.

As for review, YMMV. In my view, it's the best track among all alternatives within 4-5 hours from Boston. I know TPM had a hand in the design of the track, but whoever designed it did an awesome job. Its a GREAT mix of a VERY fast straight (150 mph+), fast flowing section (8-11), elevation change (7, then 12-13), tight slow section (13-14), single apex, double apex and blind corners. This may be the case with most tracks, but I have noticed it at NYST - the track is long enough (2.14 miles) and of a rich enough mix of riding styles, that there is more than one line that makes sense. Over the course of time that I have gotten fast over there, I have enjoyed learning and re-learning different lines. Its still a young enough track that its not as lawyered up and formal as other tracks. Camping there is great, I walk the track most mornings with my dog. They do run "downtown" in the other direction every once in a while, and most people including me love that as well.

The family is very courteous and welcoming, and they all ride. The town of Oneonta is surprisingly fun, in a quaint small town sort of way. But don't expect any coaching. You are better off finding an expert pace rider there to show you the lines.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 05-12-15 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    But don't expect any coaching. You are better off finding an expert pace rider there to show you the lines.
    If you want a coach, just ask. I pit right next to pit in/out. Can't miss me. (when I'm there)

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post

I'm considering heading up memorial day weekend but I have NO IDEA if this is a sold out event,
    Looks like at least 2 spots are open at a great price. GO!!!
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...y-auction.html

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Looks like at least 2 spots are open at a great price. GO!!!
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...y-auction.html
    That is plan A for me. Friend wants to go as well and is not on NESR.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by Brendin87 View Post
    If you want a coach, just ask. I pit right next to pit in/out. Can't miss me. (when I'm there)
    Will do Brendin, thanks man. I'll hit you up next time I'm there (30th with TPM / Penguin).

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    That is plan A for me. Friend wants to go as well and is not on NESR.
    Stoneman and I lifted the 30 day member rule, so just have your buddy join nesr and bid on the second spot.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries