Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

LDR #68 - LRRS 2015 - Round 2

Busy week at work so this is a bit late.

Thursday night arrival with the normal team set up of the compound for the weekend. I envy the simpler garage set up of some folks but we all seem to have the practice down pretty well so it goes smoothly. Only one bike to deal with so that part is bitter sweet. Maybe someday I will have a this motard thing solved but not this weekend.

Friday practice
    Definitely looking forward to the warmer temps and made some decent laps and worked through some winter cobwebs. Felt a bit better despite still being off pace a bit. Ended the day with a nice session with my team mate John Linn, getting down into the 22's. Not where I would have liked to be but feeling more comfortable with the bike.

Saturday
    I skipped first practice as it is normally just a mess and some slight sprinkles had me thinking better of it anyway. Second practice was just about getting loosened up and feeling out the competition. Not a great session but no incidents which is always good.

P89 Light
    Gridded out with my team mate and #7 John Linn and some of the EX500 crew of #41 BJ, and #73 Smoking Joe. Also a return appearance from #83 Scott Lian, nice to see Scottie Ducati on a running steed. After a decent start,I went into turn 1 behind John and BJ close behind. BJ flys around me on the outside of turn 1 and I am thinking "here we go again". I take turn 2 tight and get on the gas early to close way too quickly on BJ. He appears to be having some issue and I easily pass him in the shoot to go into turn 3 in second. I put my head down to reel John in but don't have the times yet to get to him. Finished second to regain the second place in the championship but drop another 6 behind John. I am going to have to start taking some points back to keep John honest smile emoticon.

Ultralight Superbike
    A lot of talented racers on the grid and starting outside first row is definitely where I wanted to be. A mediocre launch leads me into turn one in 4th or 5th but ‪#‎67x‬ Francois Dumas comes up the inside and I hesitate as #351 Jake Laforge followed by #33 Justin Landry come around the outside. I check up enough that there is a freight train of riders that go up the inside of 1 and into 1A that I am now somewhere around the back of the pack by turn 2. I settle in and set sights on #33 and proceed to dice back and forth for the remainder of the race, with #28 Rick Breen working by us during our battle. Justin is a solid racer who is on a motard for the first time, so he holds me off the rest of the race. It was fun to dice with him but my lack of aggression leaves me with a 12th place finish, dropping to 6th in points. I am disappointed with the result, my poor racecraft, and the mediocre times. I still need to get that confidence back to be able to run in this competitive class.

Sunday

No races for the Hawk and the KTM is at home on the time out bench so I fix some water leaks and rebuild a breaker box. Just like at home but I get to take breaks and watch my friends race. Not a bad way to spend a weekend, even without the results I would want.

A big thanks to my sponsors Woodcraft Cfm, MotoSport and GMD Computrack Boston. I appreciate all that you do for the sport and I am honored to represent you. As always thanks to my wife Kristen, the Low Down Racing family, Martin Hanlon and his great pictures!, Tonys Track Days, ECK , RSP, and all the corner workers and staff at NHMS. May was better, but can't wait for the 92nd Loudon Classic (now with AMA Supermoto!!)

LDR #68 - LRRS 2015 - Round 2-round-2-jpg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450
    Huge thanks for all the support from MotoSport

Re: LDR #68 - LRRS 2015 - Round 2

I miss your face.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.