Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FS: 2003 GSX-R750

FS: 2003 GSX-R750

2003 GSX-R750 - Looking to get $3400 for it... Make me an offer if interested and we can talk from there. I haven't posted it up on CL yet (probably will do that Thursday or Friday, and for a little more). Bike is located in Southbury, CT

Pics: 2003 GSX-R 750 - Album on Imgur

I bought the bike with 4500 miles on it and have owned it since. I'm only the second owner, title in hand, have both keys and matching tail cowl (in perfect shape). Currently setup as GP shift, will switch back to normal pattern upon request...

Condition/Typical BS:
    • ~36,000 miles (will climb a little bit as I ride it, not my primary ride now however), valves checked and were all in spec this winter. Always had its oil changes done on time. TPS and idle were adjusted this spring.
    • Typical small blemishes on the side fairings from being bumped around over the years - they are in pretty good shape otherwise. No broken tabs, etc. All fairings are OEM... Tail fairing has a crack on the left side, does not effect its mounting, just doesn't look the best. Its not horrible either.
    • Forks got fresh 7wt (5wt is stock) oil Fall 2013
    • All wheel/cushdrive bearings swapped out ~18,000 miles
    • New battery fall 2014, has battery tender lead, was brought inside over the winter.
    • BRAND NEW Dunlop Q3's... Less than 250 miles on them, with new right angle valve stems on rims
    • Brakes - rotors are ok (I was on the hunt for a good deal on some used Galfer or EBC rotors...), pads about 40% worn... Did just fine at Thompson last fall.
    • Chain/Sprockets are at about 12k miles, still in good shape, sprockets barely look worn and not in need of replacement anytime soon. Went +2 in the back, stock front. Drive Systems Sprockets, DID X ring 520 chain... Should easily go the rest of the season.
    • New double bubble windscreen (smoke), Renthal grips

Aftermarket Stuff
    • Ohlins Steering Damper
    • SpeedoDRD for sprocket change. GPS'd to set it accurately
    • Integrated taillight
    • K&N Filter (just cleaned and re-oiled this spring)
    • PCIII USB with OTS map from PC site. Bike runs great with it, dyno'd 121/52 in the fall, AF looked perfect. Dyno'd 120/51 2 years prior just after PCIII was put in
    • Pazzo Levers (both shorties)
    • Woodcraft Frame Sliders and Swingarm Spools
    • Goodrich SS brakes lines in the front - dual line from MC to each caliper
    • Micron CF bolt on muffler (could use to be replaced)
    • Throttlemiester throttle lock/cruise control (I'll update post if I am able to put this on the new ride)
    • Aftermarket shift lever with folding peg (OE one had peg break off on a ride)

In the interest of full disclosure to you folks, the bike has been down twice and thankfully its no worse for the wear. Once was at low speed on the left side, pulling out of a driveway. This was the one that cracked the tail fairing. This occurred at less than 10mph... 2nd was a low side at the track. It scuffed the right fairing, slightly bent rear brake pedal, and scuffed up the base of the muffler. I rode the bike off the track, and never missed a session. The puck on frame slider was replaced and an OEM replacement fairing that was in good shape was found and installed. Never know it was down on the RS other than the scuffed muffler base.

The bike runs and rides great - whom ever buys it will only need to slap their plate on it and go have fun... The new Q3's feel great on it...

Pics: 2003 GSX-R 750 - Album on Imgur

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by scubasteve; 06-10-15 at 08:41 AM.

Re: FS: 2003 GSX-R750

bump...

Bike looks really clean. It makes me miss my 2000. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks man

Bike is sold!