Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How's a Busa for riding 2-up?

Re: How's a Busa for riding 2-up?

Quote Originally Posted by klp View Post
    I have been touring on a Busa for a couple years. Mine is a 99 and is great. Big dopey torque all day long and big passing power. It does not carve like a sportbike but is very comfortable and happy at any speed. I love mine.
    Hey I know that bike

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SprintPoser View Post
    Likewise. The last couple I rode, agricultural equipment.

Handled marginally better than a John Deere backhoe, and nearly as heavy.
    id be more than happy to prove you wrong on a back road sometime

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Wow. Those bikes hold their value reallllyyy well.
    Triumph Tiger 1050- Best Used Streetbikes

MSRP new: $10,699 (2007) to $13,399 (2012)
    Blue Book retail value: $6,305 (2007) to $11,090 (2012)
    That particular bike is nearly $2K less than Blue Book with low miles. The price is so low it would make me very cautious. But it's close enough to drive down for a look. Other bikes in MA, NH, ME, VT are all close to Blue Book.

2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 $5,200
    2010 Triumph Tiger 1050
    http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/5071523638.html
    http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/5069181197.html

And here's the bike listed on eBay.
    http://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/5096549004.html

Last edited by Garandman; 07-05-15 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Hey I know that bike
    Do you know the current or original owner?

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    id be more than happy to prove you wrong on a back road sometime
    I don't race, on streets or tracks. I've got nothing to prove to anyone. You are all better riders than me, on any bike, any road and at any time.

FWIW, the bikes I rode were a 1974 FLH and a 1980 FLH. Little difference between the two. I actually rode the '74 almost daily for a couple of months and get accustomed to it, but it was never going to be the bike I would choose for any purpose. Of course I realize the Harley Davidson today makes very good, reliable motorcycles and even puts somewhat good brakes on them now. I have ridden with skilled riders of those bikes who I would have to work to keep up with if they pushed hard.

The bikes just aren't for everyone, certainly not me.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    Tiger? I rode a speed triple a few years back and loved the engine. This bike seems like a good deal, right?

Triumph Tiger | eBay
    I did my honeymoon 2 up on a 1050 tiger. 3500-ish miles including some slab and many, many mountain roads, and the blue ridge parkway. It was fantastic in all regards.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SprintPoser View Post
    I don't race, on streets or tracks. I've got nothing to prove to anyone. You are all better riders than me, on any bike, any road and at any time.

FWIW, the bikes I rode were a 1974 FLH and a 1980 FLH. Little difference between the two. I actually rode the '74 almost daily for a couple of months and get accustomed to it, but it was never going to be the bike I would choose for any purpose. Of course I realize the Harley Davidson today makes very good, reliable motorcycles and even puts somewhat good brakes on them now. I have ridden with skilled riders of those bikes who I would have to work to keep up with if they pushed hard.

The bikes just aren't for everyone, certainly not me.
    ugh, old shovels? no wonder you hate HDs lol
    new ones would blow your mind then. im not ready to own one, but they do have a place in my life (other than work). the wife and i really enjoy using them for touring or little trips. had a blast on one out west for our honeymoon for 2 weeks and 5k miles.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Please, I don't hate Harleys. I clearly stated that the newer ones are better in every way (other than the fundamental engine design) and they are good for so many people.

I'm not one of them because of the mass and weight, and never will be. Part of my bias is also due to a personal issue with one of my ex best friends taking my daughter for a ride on his and assaulting her. That ruined things for me, though I am fully aware that it was the person and the bike had nothing to do with it. I don't expect anyone to understand.

What I will say is I do feel that with Harley you're buying into a culture as much as a motorcycle. That culture does not appeal to me. For many of us here, the smoothness, handling, braking and sounds of other types of bikes holds more appeal. For touring, if I were to want a true long distance two-up touring bike I would look at Gold Wing, K1600 GTL, R1200RT, Trophy 1200, Concours 1400 and others with multiple cylinders. I realize a Harley is smoother underway than the wobbling bits at idle, I just find them overpriced for the overall product value.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

So I just talked with the guy who has the Tiger for sale that's listed on ebay. He sounds like a good guy, but my only hang up with the bike is the title is not in the sellers name. He says he bought the bike a few months ago, but never registered it, and now he needs to sell a few of his bikes. The title has just been signed by the original owner, and everything else is blank. He says the previous owner is local to him, and aware of what he's doing. The guy just wants a bill of sale after the deal is done. I bought a trailer like this before, and had no problems, but I'm a little more worried about buying a bike this way.

What do you fuckers think? And what should I run for oil if I do get this bike?
    I've been on both the buying and selling end of the paperwork not being in the new owner's name. The only thing that matters is it is a clean title and the vin on the title matches what is on the bike. The title should be consistent with a bill of sale you would get with purchase.

If you're extra concerned about the title situation, you can have the new owner fill out his portion of the title and then get a supplemental Q-1 form from the CT DMV which basically re-assigns the title to you the proper way. There is no risk of extra sales tax for the current owner, or for you. Not registering the bike is a way to avoid paying the sales tax on a purchase like Garandman stated. If the dude is flipping bikes, $300 in sales tax eats up margin real quick.

PS, if the guy is flipping the bike, I'd bet a dollar he has a bill of sale from the previous owner filled out with the "buyer" information blank.

I picked up that ebay Tiger today, got it registered and just got back from taking the bride to Kimballs for dinner. Saw an Audi R8 there, want one of those now too. So the Triumph is in decent shape but pretty dingy. It looks like it was just ridden, not cleaned. And maybe left outside. And crashed at low speed. I like the engine and riding position. The shifting isn't super smooth. Anyway it seems perfect for what I want and what I paid. I'm going to clean it and tune it up and ride the thing. I'm thinking of putting on one of the Corbin seats with a back rest for the passenger, and looking into making the bike GP shift so I'm not constantly going back and forth.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    I've been on both the buying and selling end of the paperwork not being in the new owner's name. The only thing that matters is it is a clean title and the vin on the title matches what is on the bike. The title should be consistent with a bill of sale you would get with purchase.

If you're extra concerned about the title situation, you can have the new owner fill out his portion of the title and then get a supplemental Q-1 form from the CT DMV which basically re-assigns the title to you the proper way. There is no risk of extra sales tax for the current owner, or for you. Not registering the bike is a way to avoid paying the sales tax on a purchase like Garandman stated. If the dude is flipping bikes, $300 in sales tax eats up margin real quick.

PS, if the guy is flipping the bike, I'd bet a dollar he has a bill of sale from the previous owner filled out with the "buyer" information blank.
    Yup. The guy selling it wouldn't come out and say he bought it to flip, just that he thought his brother was going to take it and didn't. Seemed like bullshit but I wasn't going to get into it with him.

I I like the engine and riding position. The shifting isn't super smooth. Anyway it seems perfect for what I want and what I paid. I'm going to clean it and tune it up and ride the thing. I'm thinking of putting on one of the Corbin seats with a back rest for the passenger, and looking into making the bike GP shift so I'm not constantly going back and forth.
    First thing to do is change the oil and see if that helps shifting. I use Rotella T6 Synthetic. The engine is very tractable, you shouldn't have to shift much.

I have the Triumph Tall Touring saddle, thicker but no backrest.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-08-15 at 01:46 AM.

Corbin seat with backrest.

Stuff on mine:

• Kit to light both headlamps at the same time.
    • Renthal [lower] bars.
    • R&G engine case guards, front and rear axle sliders.
    • SW Motech engine guards.
    • Oxford heated grips.
    • Penske fork inserts
    • Penske rear shock
    • Trax aluminum bags

My bike also came with the OEM bags. They wouldn't fit my computer bag so I sold them for the Trax. But they are keyed with the ignition, which is nice.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-08-15 at 04:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12