Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Beware tire changing in Granby

Lifer

Re: Beware tire changing in Granby

I think it might be worth the trip to napalm if your not crazy far into mass. The prices he charges makes up for gas coat to get to him plus you know he is doing it with care.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    I had napalm do another set for me today and his set up is perfect. No marks like the hack that did my original ones.

For the record my rims were spotless, not even a mark or smudge.

I'm going to have to have the damaged set re powder coated to look right again. They will need to be stripped and the deeper gouges sanded out. The front rim is completely f'd. The outer lip is jacked up all the way around on one side and the inner spokes leading edge is worn down from prying/rubbing. The rear has a few big gouges on the inside about 2in from the lip. His tools must have slipped a couple time i guess.
    Sounds like a lot of work...Not sure what bike your rims go to, but if they would fit a sport bike, have you thought about selling them to a racer, then getting some lightly used rims for your bike? Seems like maybe less work / money to get things back in shape?

I'd personally be happy to use a set of rims that didnt' look perfect to have my rains mounted, as long as the gouges were just aesthetic or could be fixed easily.

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Lifer

I ended up selling the bike. The rims really bummed me out so I cut the price just so it was gone. Out of sight out of mind sorta thing.
    I just want to say that pete from granby who lives off cranberry lane is a real scumbag. Totally avoids dealing with the whole thing. All he had to do was man up and take blame for it.

I ended up selling the bike. The rims really bummed me out so I cut the price just so it was gone. Out of sight out of mind sorta thing.
    I just want to say that pete from granby who lives off cranberry lane is a real scumbag. Totally avoids dealing with the whole thing. All he had to do was man up and take blame for it.
    So...a dinged up rim is enough to get a guy to sell a bike? *creeps towards Smutty's motard with claw-hammer*

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Lifer

Kind of. I was selling the bike anyway but after the rims came back screwed up I took a low ball offer I wouldn't have taken. It was solely the damaged rims that made me tale the offer. If the rims hadn't been damaged I would still have the bike and holding out for a higher offer.

Banned

Tire changing. Boston moto. Waltham.
    $30 a rim off the bike (including disposal)
    $40 a rim on the bike (including disposal).

Also, all other general service (valve adjustments, fork seals, motor work etc)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

its in my blood

I be there in a sec but Waltham isn't close to me. 😵

Kind of. I was selling the bike anyway but after the rims came back screwed up I took a low ball offer I wouldn't have taken. It was solely the damaged rims that made me tale the offer. If the rims hadn't been damaged I would still have the bike and holding out for a higher offer.
    Dude, that's on you. Could of fixed the rims and gotten what you wanted out of the bike.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Lifer

That was pretty much throwing good money after bad. Lucky to have broken even after everything was done. Better to just take the hit.
    Besides, repairing the rims would have taken possibly weeks pushing me later into the selling season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12