Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

WTB Left Clavicle

Re: WTB Left Clavicle

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    I feel your pain! Broke my right one on two places. I'm on week six and the bones haven't started to fuse!!!!! They want me to sit still. How the f@#k do you do that?

I wanted the hardware installed but they advised against it. And so did many others I spoke to.

Who are you seeing? I also went to Concord and am dealing with Dr Noordsij. They say he's the best.

Oh, by the way, it still hurts. It feels like I have a small man standing on my shoulder with his heel digging into my collar bone. There's a little part of me that wishes I got the surgery. I'd be playing golf right now.
    Hey, I actually went home to RI and saw Dr. Scott Paxton. Just got out of surgery today. So far so good, we will see how it feels when the pain meds wear off. I am cautiously optimistic that it isn't going to get much worse, I came to around 11:30am and havent needed to take any pain meds yet. At my current level of pain, it will seriously be worth skipping the meds so that I can drink a beer. The best part is that I can stand up straight without feeling the fragments grinding on each other now.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

What until the marcaine wears off then let us know how it feels, tomorrow. But I'm sure you're a tough guy.

Catch you within the next couple rounds.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

You are probably right. It is still numb around the bandage.

Lifer

I'm clueless about med stuff. But this reads like good stuff. Until told otherwise, I'm going on the idea that it is.

Heal up quick so you can start in on the beers! May I suggest either the Brooklyn summer ale or the foolproof barstool? Maybe this belongs in a different thread, ah well.

I also just went the surgery route and I was able to remove the sling in about a week. Im relatively young (27 is young right? haha) so the healing is on schedule. Once the meds wore off from the surgery I went straight for the percs, and about a week later it was all better, no more pain other than the occasional ache.

I wanted to do natural healing but it progressively felt worse as the day went by so I opted for the plate. Lo behold mine was shattered into five pieces. The healing time should be quicker now since you have had the surgery. It's been since the classic since my break and 4 weeks since my surgery - already been back to the gym training and such.

Downside is the area around the incision mark may never regain feeling, damaged nerves and what have you. But you should be able to start moving somewhat normal next week! Heal up quick!

Ask Adam Clark how long you should need before racing again.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Or Doug. Fuckin' maniacs. I want nothing to do with any of you!

Doug has sack for miles. I made it til 10pm last night then went for the meds. Also no way in hell I'm racing round 5.

What did they give you? I found that Vics did nothing for the pain I had but two of the Percs put me in lala land.

I sat out last and next round. I was up there Sat supporting my teammates and let me tell you it SUCKED ARSE just watching

Quote Originally Posted by Jason P. View Post
    What did they give you? I found that Vics did nothing for the pain I had but two of the Percs put me in lala land.

I sat out last and next round. I was up there Sat supporting my teammates and let me tell you it SUCKED ARSE just watching
    Haha, I bet. I am hoping to spectate at round 5, but it will depend on my van-driving abilities at that point. I got Percs, so far they are working wonderfully without messing with my head too much. I also got a day's worth of vicodin initially, they worked OK and had literally no mental/fatigue impact.

I drive a standard so it was pretty much impossible to do. Not to mention a super swollen grapefruit sized ankle in a cast I got too. I had to switch cars with a friend for a week to manage getting my ass to work!

Yea a lot of people feel differently on the pk, my GF vomit profusely on vic when she had her wisdoms taken out. Just be cause, I was taking the perc on such a regular schedule that at one point I was taking them after the pain was gone

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

If anyone has a problem with Percs or Vicodin I know that Extra Strength Tylenol worked awesome when I had surgery and metal put in my wrist. The Percs they prescribed me only made me go to sleep and I didn't want to sleep, I wanted the pain to go away.

Just got back from my first follow-up with the orthopedist. He said two more weeks in the sling, then two more weeks of minimal activity but no sling, then light activity for at least a few more weeks after that (lifting <5 lbs with the bad arm). Total time from surgery until resuming normal activities: 10-12 weeks. That puts me at mid October. That is a much better estimate than the 6 months I was told initially, but still disappointing.

Sounds like nobody else waited nearly as long as I am being told to. Not sure what to make of that. My current plan is to stick to the doc's advice until I can't take the boredom anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason P. View Post
    Downside is the area around the incision mark may never regain feeling, damaged nerves and what have you.
    Thats the case for the incisions I had for my knees. But the surgeon claims the nerves will recover sensation in about a year. Feels really strange in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Just got back from my first follow-up with the orthopedist. He said two more weeks in the sling, then two more weeks of minimal activity but no sling, then light activity for at least a few more weeks after that (lifting <5 lbs with the bad arm). Total time from surgery until resuming normal activities: 10-12 weeks. That puts me at mid October. That is a much better estimate than the 6 months I was told initially, but still disappointing.

Sounds like nobody else waited nearly as long as I am being told to. Not sure what to make of that. My current plan is to stick to the doc's advice until I can't take the boredom anymore.
    Yeah, it sucks sticking to a doctor's advice (I lived with one for 20 years) but it's usually the best bet. Hope you feel better man. Mid October actually isn't that bad (says the healthy guy).

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Thats the case for the incisions I had for my knees. But the surgeon claims the nerves will recover sensation in about a year. Feels really strange in the meantime.
    I slammed my finger in a door once and must have chopped some nerves. Didnt have any sensation above the last knuckle for about 8 months. It did eventually come back. The area around my collarbone surgery is definitely damaged, but not 100% numb.

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post

Yea for now stick with the Doc's recommendations. I too saw my ortho this past Monday for a check up, 5.5 weeks after surgery, and the XRays from this compared to the last visit showed improvements in bone structure and density. I have been back training at the gym and began lifting weights at half maximum without much problem, but then again could be attributed to the age thing on healing.

His time span for your recovery is better than that initial estimate for sure. Take the time to heal up proper. I did ask him about doing a TD on the 24th and doing the September round, he gave me a thumbs but is strict on being careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    My left pectoral was numb for a bit after the accident/surgery - it's regained feeling now but the area around the under arm - still nada!

I;m glad to hear you're doing better!

I think the healing process is very different for everyone. In addition, it really depends on the severity of the break. I'm sure if you had a clean simple break with two pieces next to each other, the healing time would be quick. But from the sounds of it, like me, the fragments crunching as you move around will probably take longer for the bones to knit back together.

Are you taking any vitamins?

Next week will be two months for me. Up until recently I didn't think the pain would ever go away. But the pain has significantly decreased. I have a lot more mobility in the arm. I can raise the arm to 90 degrees. It's not easy but I can do it. I'm still using a sling but I think I will lose it real soon.

I'm seeing the ortho Monday morning. Hopefully the bones a fusing. I'm really curious as to why there's the loss of mobility.

No vitamins, that is probably a good idea though. Hopefully you get some good news on Monday. Two months in the sling is rough.

After the last dr. visit I was willing to try anything. I'm taking vitamin d, calcium and a one-a-day. I figured it can't hurt. Worst case it ends up down the drain.

After the last dr. visit I was willing to try anything. I'm taking vitamin d, calcium and a one-a-day. I figured it can't hurt. Worst case it ends up down the drain.

Lifer

+1 on being glad to hear of your relative recovery. Keep healing bud.
    +1 on the vitamins. I take a once a day as well. I figure it can't help. Recent visit to an urgent care center they asked if I took them. I said yes and they said "good, good". Hypothetically helps with healing. Hypothetically.

Maybe I should start feeding them to the SV?

Does anyone have any good info on adding collarbone protection for the track? Seems like the best answer is "airbag suit," but that will be out of my price range. I have heard bad things about what happens when you brake the bone again with the plate in.

Edit: Now that I think about the amount this crash is going to cost me, maybe airbag suits are on the table.

Last edited by Petorius; 08-18-15 at 08:47 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast