Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

How do I get notifications?

How do I get notifications?

I've set my subscription to be immediate via email, but for some reason I am not getting any of the notifications for the thread I started. Any ideas (not a spam issue)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: How do I get notifications?

The email function is super slow, I use tapatalk and the notifications are instant.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhotoStuff View Post
    I've set my subscription to be immediate via email, but for some reason I am not getting any of the notifications for the thread I started. Any ideas (not a spam issue)
    Did you enable the subscription/notifications before or after starting that thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    The email function is super slow, I use tapatalk and the notifications are instant.
    I'll keep an eye on mail delivery performance but I usually get an email within 30 seconds of a subscribed thread being updated.

-Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

Our server logs show a whole bunch of successfully delivered subscription notifications to your address.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    After checking your address I understand your experience with slow notifications. Yahoo is an incredible pain in the ass about email delivery. They enforce pretty unreasonable policies that are basically impossible for little guys to fully comply with and then they deliberately delay email delivery. Their policies yield little protection against spammers and only hurts their own mail users. Fun.

Hey Frankenstein, thanks for looking into it. I started the post, then after seeing I wasn't getting notifications reset my prefs and it was still taking a while. That's when I posted this question, I wasn't getting notifications and I'm intimately acquainted with running forums, email notifications black/whitelist etc. so I wasn't sure if there was just some other preference I was missing. I get them much more immediately now, but it was intermittent at first. I can let you know if I find a pattern (I use gmail for all of my accounts, and they've been good in the past at delivering forum notifications)

Hey Frankenstein, thanks for looking into it. I started the post, then after seeing I wasn't getting notifications reset my prefs and it was still taking a while. That's when I posted this question, I wasn't getting notifications and I'm intimately acquainted with running forums, email notifications black/whitelist etc. so I wasn't sure if there was just some other preference I was missing. I get them much more immediately now, but it was intermittent at first. I can let you know if I find a pattern (I use gmail for all of my accounts, and they've been good in the past at delivering forum notifications)
    I use Gmail too and it's usually pretty quick with the notifications. Once you changed your settings, you had to post in the thread again to start getting notifications, it doesn't retroactively enable notifications on old posts. Let me know if you have further issues, but I suspect it'll be fine now. Welcome to the site!

Lifer
    Wirelessly posted

You know, my pm notification stopped working a month ago, not sure why and I turned it on and off....I stil get thread notifications pretty fast..

Fucking yahoo! I very rarely subscribe to threads so no biggy, thanks for looking into it .

Lifer

Everyone I know that has a yahoo mail account has had it hacked or spoofed. Myself included.

Yahoo sucks.

Frankenstein, I realize now my apparent delayed notifications is user error. I was expecting a notification per thread reply, but in closer reading (which I never do with notifications) it says I only get more after I have viewed the thread. Wasn't the behavior I was expecting, but is the behavior that is clearly stated. My bad.