Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

VT Threads?

VT Threads?

So now that the Vermont Bike Night sub forum is gone is there any way to get the threads back? Like our VT Tag-O-Rama? or VTBN thread?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Re: VT Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggey22 View Post
    So now that the Vermont Bike Night sub forum is gone is there any way to get the threads back? Like our VT Tag-O-Rama? or VTBN thread?
    +1.

I know that we're not "due" anything from anyone, but a warning or a reason would've been nice.

There were lots of things I would've archived, including my VT Tag-O-Rama thread.

I'd love to know WTF happened here.

Hey?
    I don't live on here every day, but I check in and follow up. I'm a paid supporter of the site and even did the "due diligence" of trying a simple search to find what became of VT section.

how about a sticky to explain why bye-bye?

Or is it some heated and sensitive political, personal thing. Really, we ride bikes screw the politics... What's up?

2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200ST
    CanAm Spyer RSS SE5 (Wifey's)
    DRZ400S
    Pitster Pro X4i MiniMotard
    Yamaha TTR

Die Livin'

Short version: Doc lost his mod priveliges so he (as the founder of VTBN and the one that asked for the forum in the first place) asked for the forum to be removed.

-Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

It would have been nice if everyone else was asked, or the threads were moved at least. Most of the VT guys post in those threads 10x more than Doc ever did.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    It would have been nice if everyone else was asked, or the threads were moved at least. Most of the VT guys post in those threads 10x more than Doc ever did.
    That's really between you guys and Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Short version: Doc lost his mod priveliges so he (as the founder of VTBN and the one that asked for the forum in the first place) asked for the forum to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein
    Michael,
    It's been decided that moderator rights will be reserved for Sponsor Forum owners, site-wide moderators and administrators. We try to have a "mostly hands-off" approach to running this site and we want that to be standardized across the entire forum. Going forward, moderation of the VT Bike Night forum will fall on the site-wide moderators and administrators.

Thanks for understanding.

-Josh (and the entire NESR Staff)
    That was the PM I got. I am not in the financial position to be a Sponsor Forum owner and if the forum cannot be moderated by the person that asked for it I saw no reason to keep it.

If the VT Tag o rama thread could be brought back that would be nice.

I do not blame NESR for any of this. They are doing what they feel is right for the betterment of their forum.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    That was the PM I got. I am not in the financial position to be a Sponsor Forum owner and if the forum cannot be moderated by the person that asked for it I saw no reason to keep it.
    Considering that the majority of threads in that forum have nothing to do with VTBN don't you think that's a bit selfish? Take your ball and go home much?

BTW everyone feel free to speak their mind, there's zero risk of this thread or posts being deleted.

Lightbulb Re: VT Threads?

I'm personally pretty peeved that the VT forum just up and died.

Killed an entire local motorcycling community in one fell swoop. Our guys used that forum to organize rides, organize our weekly meet, play tag-o-rama, offer/ask for help.

If Doc is no longer a moderator that's fine... I will not miss the ninja edits & deletes (still love ya' Doc), but can you make someone else a moderator? I'm sure you'd have a ton of qualified and reasonable volunteers (I'd be one) if it meant keeping that sub-forum alive.

The Bike Night - Vermont thread is the 2nd thread result when you google "New England Street Riders". I have almost no purpose here if it goes away.

Considering that the majority of threads in that forum have nothing to do with VTBN don't you think that's a bit selfish? Take your ball and go home much?

BTW everyone feel free to speak their mind, there's zero risk of this thread or posts being deleted.
    The majority of threads that do not deal with Vermont Bike Night I do not care about.

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    I'm personally pretty peeved that the VT forum just up and died.

Killed an entire local motorcycling community in one fell swoop. Our guys used that forum to organize rides, organize our weekly meet, play tag-o-rama, offer/ask for help.

If Doc is no longer a moderator that's fine... I will not miss the ninja edits & deletes (still love ya' Doc), but can you make someone else a moderator? I'm sure you'd have a ton of qualified and reasonable volunteers (I'd be one) if it meant keeping that sub-forum alive.

The Bike Night - Vermont thread is the 2nd thread result when you google "New England Street Riders". I have almost no purpose here if it goes away.

It did not up and die. NESR has decided to take the moderation internal. If they want to create a New state section for Vermont that would be up to them. As for the VTBN Sub fourm. I asked the the sub forum. They were nice enough to host it. I don't want a sub forum I created for VTBN to not be moderated by VTBN so I asked for it to be removed.

I appreciate the difficulties NESR has to deal with (I am the Admin of the Hawk GT forum).

Last edited by Doc; 05-15-11 at 10:14 AM.
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Thumbs down Re: VT Threads?

The majority of threads that do not deal with Vermont Bike Night I do not care about.
    You were okay with all of those threads being deleted because you lost moderator status?

You were okay with all of those threads being deleted because you lost moderator status?

No.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

We're not sure why that forum requires a special moderator, it's not NESR that's saying the VTBN forum has to have a private moderator.

I appreciate the difficulties NESR has to deal with (I am the Admin of the Hawk GT forum).
    In that case we may reopen the forum under a different name but there's going to be some discussion about it first.

My first thought: WTF?

I, too, will miss the Vermont forum, particularly the Tag-o-Rama. Although I understand that some of the, uh, turmoil was probably not good for community-building, I think that could be a solvable problem and that having a forum, particularly one connected to a larger forum (i.e. NESR) is decidedly a good thing for community-building. If we can come up with a way to provide that space while also dealing with both the issues that were triggering moderation needs and perhaps the moderation style (sorry, Doc, but trying to keep up with the moderation on the moving changes was making my head spin), I'd certainly appreciate it.

All there was in the vtbn forum was drama. And here's another thread of it. It's just a freaking website guys, just start some new threads to discuss what you want, who cares if you have your own "section". BUT...

If everyone wants a Vermont section, talk to the nesr mods to have them create one, stop focusing on blaming Doc. My point is, there was a policy change by nesr, not doc, and I'm sure much of the old material can be brought back if everyone just talks to a nesr mod. Bickering about who's to blame isn't gonna make any progress towards getting a Vermont section reinstated.

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Can the VT Tag-O-Rama thread be put in the General Motorcycle related section?
    That would be cool.
    All in favor?

"Eye!"

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Quote Originally Posted by darkduc7 View Post
    If everyone wants a Vermont section, talk to the nesr mods to have them create one
    That is what we're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkduc7 View Post
    stop focusing on blaming Doc.
    No one is "blaming" Doc.

Anyway, Frankenstein, please kindly consider this a formal request to reinstate the Vermont forum under the umbrella of the usual moderators.

It did not up and die. NESR has decided to take the moderation internal. If they want to create a New state section for Vermont that would be up to them. As for the VTBN Sub fourm. I asked the the sub forum. They were nice enough to host it. I don't want a sub forum I created for VTBN to not be moderated by VTBN so I asked for it to be removed.
    I have to give Frankenballs credit for honoring your request to remove the VT bike night forum. I would have taken a more unprofessional approach to it and told you to go pound sand!
    Having met you once and knowing you're not half bad in person, it's dissappointing to see you pull the plug on this over something as foolish as not wanting to give up the mod rights to it

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    If we can come up with a way to provide that space while also dealing with both the issues that were triggering moderation needs and perhaps the moderation style (sorry, Doc, but trying to keep up with the moderation on the moving changes was making my head spin), I'd certainly appreciate it.
    IMO the moderator of a section, such as the VT bikenight section, should not have a personal interest in that section. That's when things become one sided and content gets moderated on a personal level. The diversity of the NESR staff was the answer in our eyes.

Last edited by R7; 05-15-11 at 11:51 AM.
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I have to give Frankenballs credit for honoring your request to remove the VT bike night forum. I would have taken a more unprofessional approach to it and told you to go pound sand!
    Having met you once and knowing you're not half bad in person, it's dissappointing to see you pull the plug on this over something as foolish as not wanting to give up the mod rights to it

IMO the moderator of a section, such as the VT bikenight section, should not have a personal interest in that section. That's when things become one sided and content gets moderated on a personal level. The diversity of the NESR staff was the answer in our eyes.
    And the drama continues.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

So we LOST the VT Tag-o-rama just because we LOST our own category? That seems rather stupid to me, a bad policy or some newb not knowing how to keep data when removing a 'group'. I can see not having our own 'category' here but that doesn't mean you blow away all of the data under them. Does this also mean that ALL threads are moderated and that we can't start our own dedicate Tag-o-Rama ( again )?

2015 FJ-09
    2006 Miata ( summer )
    2016 Mazda CX-5 ( winter )

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorvtguy View Post
    So we LOST the VT Tag-o-rama just because we LOST our own category? That seems rather stupid to me, a bad policy or some newb not knowing how to keep data when removing a 'group'. I can see not having our own 'category' here but that doesn't mean you blow away all of the data under them. Does this also mean that ALL threads are moderated and that we can't start our own dedicate Tag-o-Rama ( again )?
    Oooh insults. fun. Please be patient folks, this kind of post is doing nothing to help anybody.

Random opinions from a Southern VT, new to NESR rider.
    I've only been up here one season. I found NESR and it was the tag-o-rama that got me posting. Don't know the area at all, so it was a challenge, got me some ride contacts. I've hit some small rides and big rides with different groups.
    It's tough to make it "our" board and make everyone happy. So many personalities and we come off so different face to face, and sound like asses online (present company guilty).
    I've been a moderator on sites based in the south, I think year round riding seasons have a great calming effect on site drama/politics (VIR, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta and Barber don't hurt either!). Very intense group up here, compared to us lazy laid back southerners. Maybe we're too educated or something.
    So with the subforum gone, I sort through one area to see what's going on. Sure I still feel like I've lost a big chunk of data, or dialog or threads to sift through to find places to ride, etc..
    Pull back some of the data, wait for seedling threads to pop up and they'll start to grow. Always tough when folks that put in lots of time make big changes, regardless of what we say feelings get hurt. The board covers so much area, subforums are a given, but hard to regulate/moderate/keep active.
    No one has even got called out (yet), threatened and set meet up points to "take it to the street". Seriously, I've seen that crap.
    Screw it, let's ride somewhere... IT'S FINALLY WARM......er (ok at least not snowing)

This winter kicked my A$$$$

2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200ST
    CanAm Spyer RSS SE5 (Wifey's)
    DRZ400S
    Pitster Pro X4i MiniMotard
    Yamaha TTR

Die Livin'

Start a new thread and keep it active , problem solved.

TIMMYDUCK

Sorry about the bitch, just a shame to loose the Tag-o-rama that we had. Catamount, do you still have details on the Map? We could just start a new Tag-o-rama ( in General section ) and reference the Map since it has all of our old tags. Just a thought....

2015 FJ-09
    2006 Miata ( summer )
    2016 Mazda CX-5 ( winter )

Yeah, I've still got the map but we lost a hell of a lot of history. I might just send you the link and say au revoir. Lets see what happens over the next few days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast