Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

A New Adventure

A New Adventure

Hi All,

Well, I've finally done it. I've been lurking here for about a year and a half trying to figure out if I wanted to get into track days and possibly taking the penguin school. Finally pulled the trigger, kinda.

I went to my first LRRS race last year during bike week and it looked like too much fun. Sat in the stands and thought how much would I like to do this. Went back later that year with an ex racer who just might be getting back into it, maybe. I've been twice this year and reading many post from you all about how addicting this sport is has given me the motivation to take the next step. I know it's late in the year but now that I have saved some funds and will be selling my 1986 GSXR 1100, I'm about ready to look at and potentially purchase my first track bike. It's for sale here on NEstreetriders and Mad Max currently owns it. Now I just need to figure a good time to check it out. Very soon I hope.

I work in athletics at a University in Ma so when August rolls around I have no free time to ride except maybe on a random Sunday or Monday depending on which day I get off. Wish I could have been able to go to the last few races but duty calls.

I'm fortunate to have Woodcraft 15-20 mins from my house and have been there a couple of times to buy a few things but its not surprising what you cannot get for either an 86 GSXR or 1979 GS 850 from them. Therefore I've been looking forward to own a bike that they might have parts for. They seem to be great people there. Atleast the ones I've been in touch with so far, ha!

Well that's enough of me for now. I'm excited to get going on my next adventure and learn more from a great group of people.

I hope you all have a good final round next month and I'll be reading the results.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: A New Adventure

I hate being
    Bipolar​
    It's awesome!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    I've been twice this year and reading many post from you all about how addicting this sport is has given me the motivation to take the next step.
    Now tell me we didn't all nod our heads when reading this and think this is a natural next step. Sane people would avoid something that they've been warned in addictive! I know -

-dana

LRRS NOV #358
    http://DucatiRacerChick.blogspot.com/

There's truth and charm and beauty
    And strangeness everywhere
    The closer we examine
    The more there's nothing there

I've warned and warned, the kids don't listen. I believe the legal term is "attractive nuisance". Welcome newster, see ya at the track!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Hmm..how much and pics of the 1100?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

If its the 1986 GSXR 1100 that was in the bays last round its a MINTY....I was drooling all over her BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    If its the 1986 GSXR 1100 that was in the bays last round its a MINTY....I was drooling all over her BTW
    Sorry but that was not me. If mine was minty I would not be selling her. It had seen better days but I got it running pretty good now. I like to get my bikes running well first then start working on cosmetics second.

I just put a '95 GSXR 750 front end on it this past winter. Turns in nice now. Give me an email and I can send you pics.

I want to experience the track and was considering the GSXR but my right knee doesnt tolerate the riding position so well. I need/would like to semi fund my first track bike with this sale.

Last edited by Tas; 09-23-13 at 10:36 PM.