Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Allow myself to introduce... myself

Re: Allow myself to introduce... myself

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    why you guys giving him such a hard time? look at all the new racers this year with no prior track experience? they finished maybe 1/2 of their races. see you in grid next year
    And I could lap you in an 12 lap race on my EX500.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Hey Brian glad you took my advice and made your way over here.

Don't mind the assholes here... well, I'm one too and so is pretty much everyone else.

LIke I said I'll help you with some of the bike stuff.

I didn't know you had no track experience... that will make it interesting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    If you do make it to the October event look for me #316 in the infield near T1.
    Or literally in T1, where you'll be after you umpteenth crash....

I mean wait, yeah OP, jump right into racing because it worked for csmutty!!!

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    Or literally in T1, where you'll be after you umpteenth crash....

I mean wait, yeah OP, jump right into racing because it worked for csmutty!!!

It has only been 3 crashes the entire season. Crashing has nothing to do with previous track experience. My friend Mike has been to multiple track days before he started racing this year, and he has already crashed twice...

yes, note doc-like use of smiley...

I have seen a lot of people who have done a lot of trackdays have trouble getting rid of the trackday get-in-line mentality and upping their aggression/passing, too. so that is a downside of doing a ton of td's before racing.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    yes, note doc-like use of smiley...
    Hey! I am not the only one to use that smiley! (but thanks for pointing out what it means)

As for the OP. Good luck dude! Let us hear of your exploits and your foray into racing. Should be an awesome read.

BTW, LAPS allows inside passing once you are in the advanced group.

Oh and watch these... http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...attendees.html

Last edited by Doc; 09-10-10 at 09:08 AM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Welcome to the forum. Lotta info on rides, events, TD's, racing , dirt riding, and more. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    Clearly you missed one.

Not giving you shit whatsoever. Honest questions and curiosity however I do feel at least some prior track time would be beneficial to all who are gridded with you, yourself inlcuded.

Either way, good luck and enjoy the lean angle addiction.
    Well, doesn't the Penguin School basic roadracing class/track time count for anything? It doesn't really matter if a track day provider allows inside passing and competition if it happens on a weekday when I can't get there! I totally understand the idea some of you are getting at. I also play airsoft, and noone wants a new guy to come to the event and start shooting people's eyes out because they don't understand the rules of the sport. I'll do my best to not put anyone on the grid in danger! Besides when you're leading the pack with a huge gap you're not in anyone's way! Just kidding, couldn't help myself

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

yeah it counts, but if you're planning on doing the first event next year, don't expect there not to be lots of red flags. if you can, try and get going this october. it's kinda short notice if you're trying to get time off, but once you do it, run the rr and an actual race, you'll have all winter to fully understand what we'll be jibber-jabbering about. believe me when i say: regardless of your abilities on a bike, there's alot to process. i hope that doesn't come across as preachy.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    I also play airsoft

I kid I kid, welcome to the nuthouse and see you on the grid

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

we (boston moto) just had a 2 day weekend event a few weeks ago. you missed out
    you can take a day off...ive seen construction foremen...you just stand around. no one will even know youre gone
    trackdays will at least get you around the track and learn the line. that way when you take penguin you can concentrate more on other stuff then trying to learn the track from scratch.
    Boston Moto has one more date at NHMS, 9/29.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    we (boston moto) just had a 2 day weekend event a few weeks ago. you missed out
    you can take a day off...ive seen construction foremen...you just stand around. no one will even know youre gone
    trackdays will at least get you around the track and learn the line. that way when you take penguin you can concentrate more on other stuff then trying to learn the track from scratch.
    Boston Moto has one more date at NHMS, 9/29.
    Penguin is slow as fuck so you have plenty of time to learn the lines imo.

I'm going to try like hell to get my Racing license in October and to pop that track cherry. I'm being held up by money because I made my decision to turn my streetbike into a racer too late in the season. I'm almost there with it. I did my brake lines today, some Woodcraft sliders the other day, and my Ohlins steering damper last week. Next up is the case covers, and bodywork. Then I'm going to drill the bolts for safety wire and should be good to go. I'd like to get my own leathers but if I don't have time/money by next month I'll just rent some. I don't know, we'll see. I won't be doing anything with the way my old lady spends my money. I bought her some tattoo time for her birthday: 500 dollar worth. Now the tattoo is past 700 dollars and going on 1000 before it will be done! That's my fuggin' leathers or bodywork right there... .

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    ..ive seen construction foremen...you just stand around. no one will even know youre gone
    Ha ha, except instead of standing around a jobsite, us highway guys stand around in the high-speed lane with traffic whizzing by us! A guy in my setup got hit on friday actually, out on 290 (Worcester). Good thing he was in a crash-truck! He said he didn't really even feel the car hit him, just heard a loud bang. Everyone was alright and we got off early, so not that bad of a day!

LRRS am #121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12