Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

New girl in town

Re: New girl in town

Quote Originally Posted by -jro- View Post
    do you know how to drive stick? If not, I suggest you learn, learning how to clutch and operate gears in a car will make learning the bike much easier. Have you taken the MSF course yet?
    No I can't drive standard. My mom tried to teach me when I first learned how to drive but was too worried about everything so she stopped teaching me. I had no problems going into first and second gear but she would never let me go fast enough to go into anything else. I haven't taken the course yet. I am hoping to take it in the spring but want some advice first.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

welcome to BOTH the new ladies. im in bristol, not far from either of you. you should both stop down to bike night at donny's pizza in winooski, tuesday nights, 5:30-8:30, meet alot of the other local riders, alot of which are on this forum. a few female riders as well, if you want to chat with them about bikes they may have tried and like/dislike.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by want2Bbikergirl View Post
    No I can't drive standard. My mom tried to teach me when I first learned how to drive but was too worried about everything so she stopped teaching me. I had no problems going into first and second gear but she would never let me go fast enough to go into anything else. I haven't taken the course yet. I am hoping to take it in the spring but want some advice first.
    First and second are the hardest gears anyway, so if you have those mastered, you're golden.

+1 to Dove on the dirt bike. That's how I learned when I was 6.

Original

Lifer

yea ok, well let's get that straightened out right now. I joined up here because I met oreo elsewhere, he said I should come join and talk to the LRRS crowd since I thought modern racing might be cool, since I like vintage racing so much. My name isn't "Jrbiker-girl-hottie-mamma-sexy-miss" and if you go look at my intro thread, it looks nothing like the shit shows we've seen here.
    Oh, so she's an attention whore for putting girl in her name and coming to a motorcycle forum to ask for motorcycle advice? And you're not because you photoshop pictures of yourself in revealing clothes and on bikes and post them for the 99% male member pool to look at. That's ok because you've met a forum member. Have you ever posted any riding related information or asked any riding related advice? So just to get that straightened out right now, judge not lest yee be judged. That is what NESR is, not the shitshow that the jealous women and loser pussy chasers make it alienating and hazing new members.

Quote Originally Posted by Dove View Post
    New girl and foxychickriderperson - good luck scoring bikes. If you want to learn to ride, I highly suggest a small dirtbike and a few weekends in a field. It's fun and relatively safe compared to hopping on the freeway plus it'll teach you traction.

Good luck with your choices.

He couldn't have said it better. Take that advice and go with it. You're not sure if you want to be the pilot, well, find a friend with a dirtbike. You'll figure it out real fast after that and potentially save a lot of money.

oh, crap. advice from 2 guys. damn us.

do you know how to drive stick?
    -jro- can handle a stick. ask me how i know

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Like said before, the first two gears are the hardest, all the rest are easy. As long as you understand the concept, you'll be good. Also, the MSF course is really the proving ground. When you do that course, you will find out rather quickly if riding is for you or if it isn't. You have to go in there open minded and enthusiastic, don't be scared or worried, it'll just hinder you. If you know any friends with dirt bikes, you should def see if you can go out riding with them sometime and start learning the controls on the bike.

Oh no... Not again...

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    He couldn't have said it better. Take that advice and go with it. You're not sure if you want to be the pilot, well, find a friend with a dirtbike. You'll figure it out real fast after that and potentially save a lot of money.

oh, crap. advice from 2 guys. damn us.
    lol I never said I didn't want the advice from guys just more girls.

Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    welcome. i think -jro- and jaynnus are two very good resources if you're serious about getting into riding. best thing to do is just do it, have fun, and try not to let your fears overcome you. it's very rewarding once you actually get up and do it. and please ignore all the imature d-bags talking about leg humping and pictures. not everyone on here is that pathetic...

heh heh, i said come.
    Thats the reason I didn't post a picture up. I am not looking for guys to be like your hot or whatever or girls to think that i am just saying I want to ride for the attention. Just looking to talk with other riders

fixed
    Someone has either been lurking for a bit or is a Troll...

Ok New girl, show up at Bike night next Teusday if you are real.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

my point exactly.
    what was her question

EX 105

EX 105

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

My name isn't "Jrbiker-girl-hottie-mamma-sexy-miss" and if you go look at my intro thread, it looks nothing like the shit shows we've seen here.
    Please leave the "miss" out of this, next time. Thank you. I've been here for over 6 years now, my previous screen name, when I joined the forum, had no "chick, girl, gurl, etc." in it. I joined the forums because I was getting into riding, not looking for hookups with guys. Riding sportbikes was a long time dream since I was about 12 years old. So after a few years, when everyone here knew I was a "chick", I decided to have my screen name changed, it was getting old. I like the sound of "MissTwisties"...the lady who likes to ride the curvy roads on her bike. I actually get called "V" and "Twisties" way more often than "MissTwisties", and I actually happen to like it. I do not ride for the looks, for what guys might think of me, I do not pose downtown, in fact I HATE going out on my bike and stop anywhere, because I just want to RIDE. And I make sure I do so on the beautiful secluded backroads that I love, not on city streets.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

welcome

i call buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulshite

Doc is also a very good resource for info and lives in burlington as well.

Thanks l3uddha...

If she is real I can help her get into the MSF course and I would even offer to show her the basics.... (seriously, not leg humpin here)

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Thats the reason I didn't post a picture up. I am not looking for guys to be like your hot or whatever or girls to think that i am just saying I want to ride for the attention. Just looking to talk with other riders
    hey listen, you just showed up at a bad time. I asked if this was a joke because I sincerely wasn't sure if someone was messing with us or not, after the last intro thread.

With that said, welcome new girl

If you ask me she looks and sounds a little to stuck up for my taste! and from what I have read I think she is full of I don't think she has even took the class I think she is purely on here for the attention from the boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxridergirl View Post
    LoL.... Oy

Oh and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    Please leave the "miss" out of this, next time. Thank you. I've been here for over 6 years now, my previous screen name, when I joined the forum, had no "chick, girl, gurl, etc." in it. I joined the forums because I was getting into riding, not looking for hookups with guys. Riding sportbikes was a long time dream since I was about 12 years old. So after a few years, when everyone here knew I was a "chick", I decided to have my screen name changed, it was getting old. I like the sound of "MissTwisties"...the lady who likes to ride the curvy roads on her bike. I actually get called "V" and "Twisties" way more often than "MissTwisties", and I actually happen to like it. I do not ride for the looks, for what guys might think of me, I do not pose downtown, in fact I HATE going out on my bike and stop anywhere, because I just want to RIDE. And I make sure I do so on the beautiful secluded backroads that I love, not on city streets.
    it wasn't personally directed at you. yikes, I'm offending all sorts of people today. Allow me to show myself the door

hey listen, you just showed up at a bad time. I asked if this was a joke because I sincerely wasn't sure if someone was messing with us or not, after the last intro thread.

With that said, welcome new girl
    no i am not messing around here just looking for some advice thats all.

I just want to be clear so that every one knows. I am not looking to prance around here looking for attention like it seems foxridergirl did on her thread. I am hoping to get good advice from other riders
    Then you will find TONS of good advices in here. You got it all, racers, MSF instructors, ladies who ride (since you'd like to hear from us), etc.

I'd say taking the MSF class is a good way to learn basics, and see if you will like to ride before you go out and spend money on a bike. If you don't like it, it might make you a better passenger anyway, if you ever get on someone else's bike.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

MSF for sure and if you can find a beater dirt bike to mess around (and go over the handle bars like me ) then that would be perfect.

it wasn't personally directed at you. yikes, I'm offending all sorts of people today. Allow me to show myself the door
    It's OK...you don't have to go anywhere...lol

But I have to agree with Jay, having the words "girl, chick, etc." and such in your screen name doesn't make you an attention whore. I can think of a few members that are/were on here with the name chick in their screen names and they were far from being attention whores...thinking of Sarah (NinjaChick?) she's not on here anymore... Or the other NinjaChic I think that was Vince's wife? They're all gone. They were good female members.

I have a lil pitbike with a clutch... Gonna teach my wife on it after she has the baby.

I am sure we could teach you too.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Welcome to NESR.

There are several female riders here in the Burlington area on the forum. I highly suggest you head down to Bike Night in Winooski to meet and greet with the ladies and gents - all whom are willing to provide more great information that you could imagine.

I was a passenger for several seasons - loved every minute of it. Then I realized how much more fun I would have being in control (and not staring at the back of a helmet). I purchased my first bike (a cruiser) before learning to ride or taking the MSF course. It sat in my garage for over a year. I took the MSF course this summer - I cannot recommend it enough. And now I'm off on my own. I'm still learning and I'm not a great rider - had a few "ooops!" but we all have. But the bottom line is I'm having fun and I'm really glad I decided to become a rider.

You will get lots of advice but do what feels comfortable for you. Hope to see you at Bike Night.

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast