Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

New girl in town

Re: New girl in town

Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    vermont is a beautiful state to ride in and the longer you hold out the more you are missing. riding in groups is fun once in a while, but my best rides have always been going out by myself. I say take the msf, pick up a small beater bike, and do just that.
    Thats what KBroderick did...this is his first year on a Ninja 250 and he has something like 11 or 12k miles for the season on that little bugger!!!!
    And he keeps up with us in the twisties too!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    I agree. While riding is fun and exciting, you have to be alert, paying attention to everything going on around you and so on. I wouldn't call it relaxing. tis a good escape from normal life, but it's almost like another job. One teeny tiny screw up and it's good fkn night Irene.
    +1 eh bud

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by want2Bbikergirl View Post
    lol tried knitting once and didn't like it....I know that being a passanger and the operator of the bike are very different but I hear from a lot of riders how riding seems to just relieve the stress and it's nice to get away and ride. I want to experience that!
    If that's what your definition of relaxing, then OK. I feel the same way. I ride for a few reasons...and this is one of them. Get away from the routine, relieve stress, breathe fresh air and feel free...but also for the rush, the adrenaline, the danger, going faster, practicing leaning skills, etc. I also like the fact that you meet great people along the journey.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    Watch out for Russell too...he's one of those arrogant asshole riders...

Yes...(even though the question was not directed at me)...and I would suggest that if you do just go out and buy a bike before taking the MSF course, that you get with someone local that is a solid rider or an MSF Instructor (like Doc)... really just come down to Bike Night and ask, you'll have 10 of us with you on a 250 across the street working on the basics!!!!

Thats what its all about...the feeling of joy and contentment when riding! It's beautiful!

...and the rush of going fast!!!

*Disclaimer: Going fast is a relative term that should be associated with the lawful speed limit and abiding by it, and also relative to the riders experience level and number of years riding.
    I have talked to Doc and he gave me a lot of really great information and has been helpful. Actually every body has been really helpful so far. Guess i came to the right place

hellz yeah we're helpful

+1 eh bud
    That wasn't directed at anyone specifically...just saying. We already know you're hardcore and know how to ride the hell out of the bike

As for clearing of the mind and relieving stress, it should be perfect for that...cuz your mind should be on the task at hand and very little else. back in 96 the gf at the time ditched me and I figured a ride on the bike would be a great way to get my mind off of things. After almost crashing 3 times, I rode it straight home and put it back in the hanger.

I know a lot of people ride bikes and sleds while listening to the tunes with an i-pod. I dunno how they can do it. If I did I'd be wrapped around a tree in the very first corner. Besides, it's illegal in VT.

music actually helps me focus on my riding and find my groove. However, i would advise never riding when you're upsett. It only leads to close-calls, crashes and tickets.

That wasn't directed at anyone specifically...just saying. We already know you're hardcore and know how to ride the hell out of the bike

As for clearing of the mind and relieving stress, it should be perfect for that...cuz your mind should be on the task at hand and very little else. back in 96 the gf at the time ditched me and I figured a ride on the bike would be a great way to get my mind off of things. After almost crashing 3 times, I rode it straight home and put it back in the hanger.

I know a lot of people ride bikes and sleds while listening to the tunes with an i-pod. I dunno how they can do it. If I did I'd be wrapped around a tree in the very first corner. Besides, it's illegal in VT.
    it's illegal to ride with your ipod?

Posting Freak

I can see people are getting the winter blues already.

it's illegal to ride with your ipod?
    In some states, apparently. I ride with mine regardless. But I'm not an exemplary of law abiding citizen...I speed, I listen to music on my bike, I pass on double yellows...and other things that are too outrageous to mention on this forum.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Quote Originally Posted by BigShel View Post
    I can see people are getting the winter blues already.
    I have the winters blues already and it's not even winter and I don't ride yet! lol I want it to be spring so that I can ride.

Check this out girl...all ready to go!

2008 Ninja 250 1000 miles

I know...I was just sayin...

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

WOW! $4000 for a used 250?!! (and the ad says they sell $1000 more on Ebay?) No way. I bought mine brand spankin new in 2003 for $3000!!

I think it's way too much to pay for a 250. Specially that she will most likely want to upgrade soon after.

Check this out girl...all ready to go!

2008 Ninja 250 1000 miles

I know...I was just sayin...
    ok so here is my next problem...I dont know a thing about bikes lol. I think I need to learn to not be so picky either because I want either a white or black bike but I may have to take what I can get.

ha! tell that seller to GET BENT

ok so here is my next problem...I dont know a thing about bikes lol. I think I need to learn to not be so picky either because I want either a white or black bike but I may have to take what I can get.
    Read my previous post. Do not pay $4000 for a.....250.

I wouldn't be too picky for your first bike...but I'd say find something that will make you smile. Learn on it, then when you want to upgrade (because you will most likely want to), then you can be picky and get what you want.

using headphones or ear bud things in VT while driving is illegal. I see it as nothing more than a distraction, regardless. Not much different than yacking on the cell while driving. Look at the BS that happens everyday with idjits on cell phones.

in a nutshell, if you want to stick something in your ears while riding, opt for ear plugs.

using headphones or ear bud things in VT while driving is illegal. I see it as nothing more than a distraction, regardless. Not much different than yacking on the cell while driving. Look at the BS that happens everyday with idjits on cell phones.

in a nutshell, if you want to stick something in your ears while riding, opt for ear plugs.
    I assume that its ok for passengers to wear them. I didn't know that it was illegal but i can see why it would be

Wussy Ninjette Rider Thunderbisciut's Avatar

Hey new girl!

I've only been riding a short period myself, I've got about 2500 miles under my belt in the last 2 months or so.

I started out getting my permit on a whim one day, I also signed up for the msf course giving myself about a month to ride on my own. Now I'm in the process of getting warmer gear so that I can ride as long as possible into the winter.

From my short amount of experience, the most difficult thing to get used to was turning. The basic concept is simple enough, but I had a habit of braking into the turn, or not throttling all the way through it. I had to remind myself coming up to a turn that I'm not mindlessly chugging along in my truck.

I hope you stick around and enjoy the ride!

I assume that its ok for passengers to wear them. I didn't know that it was illegal but i can see why it would be
    sure, nothing wrong with passengers using whatever.

It's also illegal in VT to drive while talking on the cell now, though it is a secondary offence. You can't get pulled for it, but if you get pulled for something else and are on the cell, hello extra ticket. I honestly think, despite what others will say, that the same should go for i-pods and the like. and reading newspapers / magazines while driving.

don't care how long anyone has done it...as I said before, one teeny tiny mistake and good fkn night Irene. car, bike...doesn't matter.

sure, nothing wrong with passengers using whatever.

It's also illegal in VT to drive while talking on the cell now, though it is a secondary offence. You can't get pulled for it, but if you get pulled for something else and are on the cell, hello extra ticket. I honestly think, despite what others will say, that the same should go for i-pods and the like. and reading newspapers / magazines while driving.

don't care how long anyone has done it...as I said before, one teeny tiny mistake and good fkn night Irene. car, bike...doesn't matter.
    while i can understand and agree with you about cell phones being distracting. What are your reasons for thinking listening to an ipod is equally as distracting? I have done it before and honestly feel it did not take away from my riding in any way.

- TJ

Wussy Ninjette Rider Thunderbisciut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    Read my previous post. Do not pay $4000 for a.....250.

I wouldn't be too picky for your first bike...but I'd say find something that will make you smile. Learn on it, then when you want to upgrade (because you will most likely want to), then you can be picky and get what you want.

Agreed, people are asking astronomical prices for the 08 ninja 250s because they are so popular, and people will pay for it. I was reading about someone that bought one for 6000

The early release 09s on coming onto the market now with a 500 msrp price hike, but even so I'd recomend gettint an 07 or earlier if you're going to go that route. It's nowhere near as good looking with it's dated styling, but it's a fun little bike. I picked up my mint o7 with 3000 on the ticker for 2300 with a helmet. Hell, someone was selling an 01 with around 600o miles on Nantucket for only 1000.

I just put them into the same category really. I know people do it, I've ridden bikes and snowmobiles both with people that do...just makes me nervous being around them. I know I couldn't do it. I guess that no matter what, you still have a distraction that you added into the mix.

Could also toss in that it could keep you from hearing sirens and what not. I think that's the biggest reason its illegal, in some states.

Realize your first bike is to learn on and that you will most likely dump it and break it.... Just get one that fits (you can sit on flat footed) with a forgiving powerband and you will be good to go for a few years. (I would rather ride a slow bike fast/well then a fast bike slow/poorly)

Your second bike you can hold out for a white or black one.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Could also toss in that it could keep you from hearing sirens and what not. I think that's the biggest reason its illegal, in some states.
    I've had to move over for sirens once or twice while having my iPod earplugs in...always heard them coming. I don't have my music blasting in my ears tho..just enough to hear a little beat.

I wear earplugs....

Tried the music thing... did nothing for me. I like the music the engine makes.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast