Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

New girl in town

Re: New girl in town

Quote Originally Posted by Vix View Post
    I had the 2005 Ninja 500 and didn't have the same experience. It was almost impossible to find aftermarket parts for the bike. I tried to find no-cut frame sliders but couldn't. I did have to replace a lever or two, easy to get aftermarket stuff at Roadside. I had Washburn's auto body (Williston) fix the plastics (one of my drops put the bike on the curb - bike okay, fairing really scratched). It cost only a fraction of what it would have been to get a new one and was just a great job I couldn't tell where the damage had been. Looked brand new! The replacement sticker wasn't cheap though.
    Frame sliders are a definite exception; there are none for the Ninjette because Kawasaki didn't bother putting any suitable attachment points on the bike.

As far as OEM replacement parts goes, they seem to be pretty easy to come by for the 250 as long as you're not in a rush to get 'em and you're not worried about cosmetic condition (if you are, you'll end up paying more).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
    Some people crash their first bike, their second bike, their third bike . . . .

My lesson learned the hard way: when parking, make sure the kick stand is down before attempting to get off the bike
    My lesson learned the hard way: I can flat foot my bike on a flat surface...but I was trying to squeeze bike past my car (because I was too lazy to move it out of the way) and I had one foot on the driveway and one foot on wet grass (which was a few inches lower than the driveway)...needless to say I slipped and the bike & I went over into the grass. I got bruises up my leg in places I didn't think I'd get bruises from falling over with the bike...and picking it back up sucked 'cause the ground was all soft and wet and there was no one around to help.

And I don't feel bad about dropping it...just feeling blonde for letting it drop that way.

96 Suzuki GSX600F

If you can't be kind, be vague...

Lifer

NESR has been getting a little stale to me as of late, so I haven't been posting much and have seen very few threads that actually piqued my interest. I logged in tonight hoping to find something of worth, the title looked good, held high expectations... Out of the 3 posts I actually looked at in this thread, all I read was "durka durka I'm a dirty bitch..." This thread officially just turned my night from good to bad. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep and hopefully forget about this little 'lack-of-pictures' problem when I wake up in the morning.

ohh, welcome new girl.

just kidding, go fuck yourself. Maybe you'd get more advice if you gave more pictures...

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    why u blow off my partys bitch?! i hate you!
    I know I know, I've been workin like crazy. Haven't even partied in like... umm, 3 days?! hrmmm... well, maybe a little longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by want2Bbikergirl View Post
    guys like you are the reason i dont have pictures up....Im here for the advice...not the guys calling me hot
    Oh boy.......I've been profiled.
    It was a joke. I purposely put my welcome in small letters at the bottom of my post hoping you wouldn't see it and act accordingly.
    Here, I'll help you out.

Welcome

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspeed View Post
    Oh boy.......I've been profiled.
    It was a joke. I purposely put my welcome in small letters at the bottom of my post hoping you wouldn't see it and act accordingly.
    Here, I'll help you out.

Welcome
    aww thanks I feel more welcome now

I am being very serious. Like I said I have riden on the back of a bike before and I do really like it but riding and driving one are completely different. I want to know if there were other girls out there that were scared like me but now love it and can't seem to get off the bike. Also what kind of bikes do they ride?
    If it is any consolation, my wife has been a passenger for many years, and finally in May this year, decided that she wanted to try driving instead, so we bought her a small bike and she took and passed her written test. She then attempted to get into the MSF but they were all booked up till after August (I wish I had been a member here already, I know someone could have hooked her up with a course) but anyway, together we put a few miles on and she LOVED it! She was the same way with snowmobiles, she was a passenger for many years and then she decided to drive herself once and was hooked, she wanted us to buy another snowmobile so she could drive herself (personally, I think it is a whole "control" issue but thats a story for another thread) so once she was driving her own bike, she wanted to go on trips, but had not taken her skills/road test yet so she couldn't go out of state or drive in the dark...just this last Tuesday, she took her road/skills test and passed 100%, no points off! W00T...anyway, she is a lady of short stature, (only 5'2") and wanted a short bike, low seat and lightweight, the 250 we bought her is perfect for now...she is hooked and LOVES to ride now more than ever!

So with all that being said, find a friend with a small bike, dirt bike, etc...and take it out somewhere safe and play, its the best way to know...if you are like most, I am sure that you'll be hooked too and want your own. Take the MSF if you can get in, above all have fun, ride safe with proper gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrinator View Post
    If it is any consolation, my wife has been a passenger for many years, and finally in May this year, decided that she wanted to try driving instead, so we bought her a small bike and she took and passed her written test. She then attempted to get into the MSF but they were all booked up till after August (I wish I had been a member here already, I know someone could have hooked her up with a course) but anyway, together we put a few miles on and she LOVED it! She was the same way with snowmobiles, she was a passenger for many years and then she decided to drive herself once and was hooked, she wanted us to buy another snowmobile so she could drive herself (personally, I think it is a whole "control" issue but thats a story for another thread) so once she was driving her own bike, she wanted to go on trips, but had not taken her skills/road test yet so she couldn't go out of state or drive in the dark...just this last Tuesday, she took her road/skills test and passed 100%, no points off! W00T...anyway, she is a lady of short stature, (only 5'2") and wanted a short bike, low seat and lightweight, the 250 we bought her is perfect for now...she is hooked and LOVES to ride now more than ever!

So with all that being said, find a friend with a small bike, dirt bike, etc...and take it out somewhere safe and play, its the best way to know...if you are like most, I am sure that you'll be hooked too and want your own. Take the MSF if you can get in, above all have fun, ride safe with proper gear!
    Thanks....I am 5'3 and the bike I did sit on I couldn't flat foot the ground so I know that I am probably going to have to lower the bike anyways. I don't know anyone with a small bike or dirt bike or anything like that so for right now I am out of luck. I am trying to get a jump on things for next spring becasue I was told classes will fill up quickly. So hopefully if I am good I can get into one of the first few classes next spring and then if I like it I will have all season to ride. Every one keeps telling me that they love it and even passengers have said its a totally different ride but a better one. I am hoping the same hold true for me.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

I coudln't help you with the "being scared" part...like I said before, I always knew I would want to ride a motorcycle someday. The only thing I can tell you is it took me a while to get out there on my OWN. Specially on the highways. That made me nervous. But at some point I just said to myself "You're doing it, whther you like it or not, you're going out there on your own today!"....and I did just fine.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    I coudln't help you with the "being scared" part...like I said before, I always knew I would want to ride a motorcycle someday. The only thing I can tell you is it took me a while to get out there on my OWN. Specially on the highways. That made me nervous. But at some point I just said to myself "You're doing it, whther you like it or not, you're going out there on your own today!"....and I did just fine.
    Yeah highways make me nervous but like you said you have to just tell yourself that your going to do it. I know that when I ride on the back of a bike I am not scared anymore like I use to be. I use to get so nervous getting on the interstate and then I just told myself to relax and when I relaxed I got use to it and now I am fine. I know it's going to take a little while to get use to it and I plan on starting out slow but I know eventually I am just going to have to do somethings.

Yeah highways make me nervous but like you said you have to just tell yourself that your going to do it. I know that when I ride on the back of a bike I am not scared anymore like I use to be. I use to get so nervous getting on the interstate and then I just told myself to relax and when I relaxed I got use to it and now I am fine. I know it's going to take a little while to get use to it and I plan on starting out slow but I know eventually I am just going to have to do somethings.
    I have been riding for many years (30+) but still not an "expert"...I just consider myself an 'advanced-intermediate'...
    You say that highways make you nervous...just one thing that may help you...I myself try to stay away from the 'superslab' (highway), usually that is a boring ride, I try to find new and interesting backroads to get to my destination....afterall, it is the journey, not the destination that makes travelling on a motorcycle worth it! and if I can find some new, twisty bit along the way to share with my bike friends, then its all worth it!
    (and I bet that probably 90%+ riders here would agree that some of our FAVORITE roads are NOT highway roads)

So don't worry too much about highways just yet, get yer feet wet and get some miles under you before you start to worry about that....

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

See...now I am scared to get on someone's backseat. I know I am not in control of anything. Now that I ride my own, I am fully aware of the risks and dangers associated with riding. One bad move can end things real quick. Before I started riding, I didn't realize all that, and was actually enjoying riding "bitch". Now I'm not so trusty of anyone and would rather ride on my bike then be on someone else's backseat.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

welcome....

IN other news, I got to page 2 and my response is:
    WEEEELCOME....TO FRIDAY NIGHT SISSY FIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    See...now I am scared to get on someone's backseat. I know I am not in control of anything. Now that I ride my own, I am fully aware of the risks and dangers associated with riding. One bad move can end things real quick. Before I started riding, I didn't realize all that, and was actually enjoying riding "bitch". Now I'm not so trusty of anyone and would rather ride on my bike then be on someone else's backseat.
    I only ride with one person and that's because I fully trust him. I get nervous sometimes because I have no control over things but I am sure that once I ride on my own I won't want to be a passenger again. He can be the passenger.

so question....does mostly everybody crash their first bike?
    never dropped the 250, and never dropped the 600 while i was on it. it has gone over twice - both times in the first month or so of owning it, due to being half awake in the morning and not paying attention to the kickstand after walking it out of the garage.

had a couple close calls early on while maneuvering, but i was always able to catch myself before going over. the worst was trying to park at my MSF class and not realizing the pavement was much lower on the left side surrounding a manhole cover...almost made a total ass out of myself that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by drop View Post
    never dropped the 250, and never dropped the 600 while i was on it. it has gone over twice - both times in the first month or so of owning it, due to being half awake in the morning and not paying attention to the kickstand after walking it out of the garage.

had a couple close calls early on while maneuvering, but i was always able to catch myself before going over. the worst was trying to park at my MSF class and not realizing the pavement was much lower on the left side surrounding a manhole cover...almost made a total ass out of myself that morning.
    that you would have but its a good thing you didn't

Wow! 200+ posts!

I may have to post my ass in here... :

no. you'll cause mental trauma in the other half of the board

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    no. you'll cause mental trauma in the other half of the board
    Really? It affected half of the board already? I'm so proud...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678