Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Putting together a CB200

Putting together a CB200

I just picked up a CB200 and parts bike about a month ago. I am looking for tips on how to put it all together. I am relatively new to bike mechanics but have put together a little 1964 Honda C100 that I have a lot of fun on. I wanted to get of 35 mph so I thought I would give the CB200 a try.

Jason

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Putting together a CB200

welcome to the forum Jason! Don't know how old your machine is, but caferacer.net is a great resource for building and racing vintage bikes. Cheers

USCRA #555 - Formula CB
    http://jro555.tumblr.com/

I bet we could have gotten that C100 doing more than 35mph... : )

What shape is the CB200 in right now?

Quote Originally Posted by -jro- View Post
    welcome to the forum Jason! Don't know how old your machine is, but caferacer.net is a great resource for building and racing vintage bikes. Cheers
    It's a 1975. I'll check out caferacer.net. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I bet we could have gotten that C100 doing more than 35mph... : )

What shape is the CB200 in right now?
    I got it up to 35 yesterday with my wife on the back. One time I thought a trooper was going to pull me over but he just yelled at me, "PUT ON YOUR SEATBELT."

The CB200 looks almost ready to go. I need mufflers, need to paint my tank and set up a right hand switch. Hopefully I will finish by this summer.

Jason

are you just going to use this as a daily driver or do you have other plans?

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post
    are you just going to use this as a daily driver or do you have other plans?
    I was gonna put it together as a daily rider so that I can get to know the bike and maybe cafe it later. From what I understand these bikes aren't very fast so I didn't want to get into a lot of mods when I could just buy a bigger bike to go faster. I just want a cool looking bike that starts up everyday.

Anyone know where I can get a rh run/stop switch assembly for a '74 CB200...cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbagjob View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a rh run/stop switch assembly for a '74 CB200...cheap?
    I need the same thing. I have a couple of the housings but I'm just missing the starter button. If you need just the housing I got one I could send you.

if the 76 in my basement belonged to me I'd sell you one, but i haven't been confirmed as the owner yet.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Hey J, I've got the starter button. Some kids knocked the bike over when it was on the center stand in my buddies driveway, broke the corner of the assembly where the mirror mounts. Now it's got a big gaping hole where the mirror should be and the brake lever mounts. If you've got that assembly I would very gladly take it off your hands.

Hey J, I've got the starter button. Some kids knocked the bike over when it was on the center stand in my buddies driveway, broke the corner of the assembly where the mirror mounts. Now it's got a big gaping hole where the mirror should be and the brake lever mounts. If you've got that assembly I would very gladly take it off your hands.
    I got a couple of them. I will look for the best one and send it to you. Just tell me where to send it. I think 10 bucks should cover it. Or you could just send me what you think its worth when you get it.

J

You know I just went down to check out those housings. The part of the assembly you need that I have are not in as good shape as I thought. The one that is in the better shape is chrome and I believe came off another bike. the section where the starter button goes seems to be slightly different. The other one looks like it had the same problem you had and somebody welded it together. I'll send you the chrome one and you can try to rig together. I do know that it fits on the handlebars and the screws line up on the other piece. You can try it out and if it doesn't work you don't have to pay me for it.

J