Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hello from cape cod

Hello from cape cod

Hey guys,

Just poking around saying hi. I live in Dennis on Cape Cod. Just took delivery today of an R6 and a ninja 650 for me and my fiancé to add to our 72 cb350 that we brought back to life last year. Not much motorcycle experience but as a aircraft mechanic for the leading airline in Boston I love to tinker with things that make noise and/or go fast.

Also avid cyclist and reptile owner (50+ including 30+ snakes). Hope to see some of you on the road

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Hello from cape cod

Welcome bro! Congrats on getting some new bikes, and it's awesome that you and your fiance can get into it and enjoy it together. My gf of 5 years plans on taking the course and getting a cbr 250, or 300 or whatever they make, preferbly in the repsol guise with orange wheels... like House... her choice not mine...... ok ok, i like it too....

What year R6 and ninja 650? I've ridden an 05 and 06 R6, never ridden a ninja 650.

Your 72 cb350 revival sounds like a great thread subject!

I've brought a bike down to the cape, stayed in Eastham... to be honest it wasn't the greatest riding, tight roads and all the corners were sand blown, so I was ultra cautious. But I looooooove the cape, and am jealous. My gf and i frequently get away to falmouth, and love hitting up the British Beer Co right on the coast there.

Anyway, I'm a pic-whore, so please post some pics of your 3 rides! And welcome, and enjoy!!

Re: Hello from cape cod

We just took the class last week in Plympton. Would recommend it to anyone. Lots of little tidbits of advice and techniques that having someone help you with live van really improve your ability. You can read articles and watch all the YouTube videos you want but nothing beats a live exercise with a mentor.

As far as my bikes, I got a 03 R6, about 16K miles on it Raven edition. She got a white 2015 ninja 650. Tough to find a green one that she wanted in our price range. I took both out for a quick spin after work this morning and had a blast. So much power and so smooth. Really looking forward to our weekend.Hello from cape cod-imag0388-jpgHello from cape cod-imag0383-jpg