Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hello from CT

Hello from CT

Hey my name is Christian and I am from Pomfret, CT. I am 17 and ride a KLR650 on the road at the moment. I am looking into getting another bike for just street use and for track days and such. At the moment I ride with my neighbor and the owner of the local shop called Motoconsult in a parking lot on an xr124 and a ttr125 that have 17" rims with avon street tires, fmf exhausts, re-geared sprockets, and are stripped of everything that is not absolutely necessary to save weight. I have just gotten to the point in the parking lot that I can drag my knee in the corners, as I have ridden dirt since I was 10 and this is a totally different and awesome feeling

I also work for the local college QVCC for the MSF course that they have. I have been the range aide for that program for 2 years and just picked up the mechanic job also for this year. I am going to take the course to become an instructor for the program this coming April.

Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a track and street bike that can be had for short cash, just to learn the basics at speed for the most part.

Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Hello from CT

Welcome CT dude.. I have never head of Pomfret, CT... and I've lived here for 15 years... Can't help you out with trackday info.. but if your looking for an inexpensive bike that you can do a lot of your own maintenance on, I would suggest a GS500.. I am partial to it though... I'm sure some of the other dudes will chime in with more info..

Welcome aboard dude! Good to see another CT member. For a cheap trackbike, keep your eyes out for an EX500, SV650, or check salvage yards for a mechanically functional yet cosmetically damaged bike you can ride on the track without having to register as a salvage bike.

Welcome the the boards Smuttster

welcome

It wasn't me I didn't do it (unless you have the negatives to prove it)

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys!
    Pomfret is a small town in the Northeast corner, next to Putnam.
    And thanks for the ideas for bikes. Anyone know of a salvage yard that has bikes around here?