Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Ready to Race

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Re: Ready to Race

Quote Originally Posted by onefootedkid View Post
    HAHA nice Dan, Way to go. . .
    Dude you know Ill show my boobs for a deal. Exceptionally when it comes to bike stuff. And my tits look good..
    Done deal then. Show noel your tits, and get the boots I have. Probably a different size though, and not actually mine, because I'll be using mine.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by "Dangerous" Dan K View Post
    Done deal then. Show noel your tits, and get the boots I have. Probably a different size though, and not actually mine, because I'll be using mine.
    NAH, I think I wanna get your size . . .

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

NAH, I think I wanna get your size . . .
    Well I know that, but we're talking about race boots right now :

Um ya if actually knew how to read, you might understand that I was responding to 6 fingered. Saying atleat I've been on a bike. I know how to stop, go and shift. Ya i figured that a street would be different from dirt. Well from what everyone's been telling me. its different. I don't know never ridden a street bike. And it also was in a joking matter. Not meant to be taking too seriously. Go get a fucking sense of humor.

And I have NEVER once in this thread said someone was wrong. I Don't know what the FUCK i am doing out there, so that is why i am posting.
    I've posted back to people about how that they are right and I should do that. And that would definitely help me. Like everyone has been saying i need experience before i get on the track. And YOU think I am disagreeing with everyone. Again read shit, think, then post.

Thank you everyone for being helpful to me. And giving me dates to places and races i should attend before actually going out there on my bike. I Don't mind waiting. I would rather go out and know what i am doing then tell everyone that is trying to help me and say fuck off, I am way smarter than you i can figure it out.

And from everyone's advice, I am planning on getting on the bike that I just bought, that is already set up for street, and go out and just ride. get some miles under me. The Last fucking thing i wanna do, is go out on the track not knowing what I am doing and injure another rider. And Obviously if Penguin
    doesn't think I am ready to do a race they will NOT give me my race license.

I've posted and asked for advice because i wanted to see what other people have done. And what they're backgrounds were coming into the sport. I like getting advice. But for my situation, it is better for me to just get experience handling a street bike. Like everyone has been telling me . . .

Thanks everyone for your help.
    Kid
    Geez i guess you told me! Look i don't want to see anybody get hurt,including YOU. Like i said Best of luck and i mean that in a good way!

GSXR750 GS650 Street Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by jnm988 View Post
    Going from dirt to racing? Well, the first time she tries to stay upright and push a motorcycle around under her, she'll break in her leathers and hopefully not break anything else.

And yeah, slow down for 4, if you want someone trying to drive out of 3 to plant themselves firmly in your ass. I don't even race and I can already tell you need a humbling faceplant on the track like most of the rest of us have had.
    I know you're just trying to throw some reality in her face but like I said earlier she probably just has the numbers mixed up because watching a video you'd assume the first left is turn 1 then the right is 2 then the left is 3 then the right is 4. but that first left/right is 1a/b. honest mistake really and there's no need to jump down anyone's throat to make your point.

Thank man,
    Ya it's kind of hard to scare me actually. More people try to scare me the more i wanna do it.
    How long do you think I should wait until i do a track day? Or does it just depend on how comfortable i am, and if i didn't wreck?
    This might be to much to ask I don't know where you live but it would be nice to go riding around with someone other than my boyfriend. He Will help but i want more advice from different people. They might see soemthing Andy might miss . . but i doubt he will No Offense Andy.
    I think it really just depends on how comfortable you are on the bike. If you feel you have the basics down you can sign up for a track day.

If i haven't done the school yet, the coaches will still help me?? Will it cost me anything? Sorry dump question but i thought i would ask. Iam tight on money.
    the coaches are at the school/trackdays. you gotta pay for the day on the track to get their coaching. but I'm sure once you get there they'll be more than willing to help. I've only met a few people from this site but I bet I've actually met more and just don't know it. We all have big internet dicks but in person everyone I've met up at the track here has been really nice and very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    As far as waiting to do a td, Get into an intro program. It can last the whole day if you want, or just the first couple sessions. I've seen very timid riders doing an intro that get worlds better with some coaching.
    I haven't done the BostonMoto intro program (and don't know if Tony's or others have one) or really paid much attention to it while I've been up there but I'd bet its a good place to start. I was down at NJMP last summer and the intro program Absolute runs seemed very good. Met a guy who was taking it and he said it was great. Watching them out on track yeah they looked like snails but he said everyone seemed like they were still having fun.

just remember no matter how much some people might seem like they're coming off dickish here they are really just trying to help. They want you to have fun and be safe.

Thank JRO,

Girl $450 is cheap, everything I've been looking at is in the $800's. Yikes!
    I wasn't sure what to get for boots, But i did look at those. I'll go find a place try them on, find the right size, then find somewhere where they are cheaper.
    Thanks for the gear advice!
    If you hear of anything up for sale, if can let me know. ill check out the Vanson show room. See what they got. Money going to be tight this season.
    Again thank you
    Kid
    check out Brockton Cycle too, and probably a bunch of other places too. never been to motomarket myself but they might also have some stuff. I got my suit at Brockton Cycle. I think it was new $800-900 but was on clearance for $450 but I tried to get them to throw it in free when I bought my bike cause they weren't moving too much on the price, got it for $150 so I was happy.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 03-01-10 at 05:54 PM.

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

Is all this crap I am getting because I am Chick??
    No... its because you are such a gem. So well spoken, and receptive to the advice of those you are asking, they're just jealous of your finesse.

As far as women't suits to try on, Vanson, Motomarket, and Seacoast are the only places that have a ladies suit, or two. Vanson has lots of new 2 pieces, but be prepared to spend a lot of $ unless you find something in the bargain bin. Seacoast probably has Dainese, and Rev'it. Last time I checked Motomarket had one dainese women's suit. Being a lady rider, it is virtually impossible to find stuff to try on so look for online vendors than will exchange things with no hassle if it doesn't fit.

Last edited by Femmekat; 03-01-10 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno, you dress too fashionably to be a communist
    LRRS Novice #629
    I ride/drive:
    2000 Yamaha R6
    1996 F-350 4x4 diesel truck
    and anything else with serious hp

Check e-bay too. Lots of stuff for sale right now. If you can buy a brand name ie: a*,Rocket, skip the no name stuff cause it do not fit well. Also Amazon has some stuff. Motosport.com has alot of suits at great prices. Don't worry about the latest model, last years suit is gonna be a lot cheaper. It's not a fashion show after all. Girls suits generally don't sell as fast as guys stuff so there are still deals around.

GSXR750 GS650 Street Tracker

Since you will be doing street riding I would also recommend taking the MSF class.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Since you will be doing street riding I would also recommend taking the MSF class.
    I am sure the intructors make a huge difference in the class, but the one I took at CCRI sucked. The instructors were a joke, swearing at you every other word. Two people stoped, put there kick stands down and walked off. They were just totally un-professional and made me and everyone else feel quite un-comfortable. I remember "Are you fucking kidding me!!, Again!". If it wasnt a requirment in RI I would never tell people about the MSF class at CCRI.

So my advice to her if she does plan to take the class, get one with the instructors here! You can tell the class would be very helpful with the right instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    I am sure the intructors make a huge difference in the class, but the one I took at CCRI sucked. The instructors were a joke, swearing at you every other word. Two people stoped, put there kick stands down and walked off. They were just totally un-professional and made me and everyone else feel quite un-comfortable. I remember "Are you fucking kidding me!!, Again!". If it wasnt a requirment in RI I would never tell people about the MSF class at CCRI.

So my advice to her if she does plan to take the class, get one with the instructors here! You can tell the class would be very helpful with the right instructors.
    Wow. I have been range aiding for 3 years and teaching for 1 and have never seen a class like that. Yea, I would have been very disappointed with that too.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

If you come to the track check out Street & Competition. Miles can meet all the riders demands......Support the track vendors.
    http://www.streetandcomp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Dangerous" Dan K View Post
    Holy train wreck...
    Look, she's gonna be racing ULSB, not proddy twins. That means she'll be taking out 6, not me. Get em kid!
    A. I thought you where gona run ulsb on my spare bike....

B. Your not gona be able to catch me to take me out, what makes you think she will....

A.J 's Dan

LRRS #951
    My girlfriend wants to be like me when she grows up.

Sometimes violence IS the answer. The answer every other time is busa.

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Fingered Man View Post
    A. I thought you where gona run ulsb on my spare bike....

B. Your not gona be able to catch me to take me out, what makes you think she will....

A.J 's Dan

I will run the Spare hawk in ULSB problem solved

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    I will run the Spare hawk in ULSB problem solved
    I got most of it from matty tomato.... I believe you already have....

LRRS #951

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

I got most of it from matty tomato.... I believe you already have....
    You Make me Sad

RIP

Only bike I won on

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    You Make me Sad

RIP

Only bike I won on
    Thats the frame.... Don,t have the rest of the goodies though. When ever you want to hope back on it let me know.

LRRS #951

When ever you want to hope back on it let me know.
    I wouldnt say that TOO loud ...

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456