Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 22 of 22

New rider from NH/MA

  1. #1
    Senior Member AVI8_636's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    604

    New rider from NH/MA

    Got referred to this forum from another bike forum (too many forums haha) Anyways I figured I'd sign up and say hi. Currently live in Rye NH but moving up the road to Dover. I'm riding a 2003 Kawasaki 636 and I did my first track day with Tony a few weeks back in May, and got bit pretty hard by the track bug. I basically came here to check out the local track talk as I'm interested in doing as many more track days as I can afford, and also hoping to find some used track gear!


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,977
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s)

    Sweet. Welcome "Avi". How'd the TTD go for ya? Any suggestions for us? Anything we can do a little better?

    I take it by your name that you fly, too?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by OreoGaborio; 06-06-12 at 11:28 AM.
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bkilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    363

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Welcome to the Forum You'll notice were a pretty good mix of Street and track riders with a lot of knowledge.


    oh and P.S.
    Stay away from ray-ray

    New rider from NH/MA-beware-20ray-20viernes-jpg

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Black/Green 09 600RR (street)
    03 600rr (Track)



    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Anyone here ever had to do an emergency figure "8"?
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiSmurf View Post
    Yah, I was being chased by bee. He was too quick to lose on the first u-turn, but I ditched him on the second one.

  4. #4
    Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somersworth, NH
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,417

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Welcome aboard guy!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,436

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Nice! Glad you had a great first time at the track! (I haven't met many people who haven't).

    When is the next dose scheduled?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  6. #6
    Senior Member AVI8_636's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    604

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Thanks everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s)

    Sweet. Welcome "Avi". How'd the TTD go for ya? Any suggestions for us? Anything we can do a little better?

    I take it by your name that you fly, too?
    Honestly everything was great. The instructors were really helpful, in fact for my 2nd session after the initial follow the leader, I asked one (I think his name was Casey?) if he wouldn't mind giving me some one on one. We ran the whole session together, both with him leading and then him following me. I was even happier at the end of the session because I went to the garages, but I didn't know initially who the instructor was, and before I could even turn around I saw him running up to the garages ready to give feedback! So it was definitely a great time!

    And yeah I fly for a living, honestly don't know why I picked that for a username though haha

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post

    When is the next dose scheduled?
    Nothing scheduled yet I really wanted to ride on the June 19th track day, however I'm not sure if it'll be doable with my schedule. For the May track day my buddy and I were COMPLETELY underprepared since we rode up the morning of. This next time I'd like to rent a pickup or a van to put the bike and some tools in. I also need to rent a full suit again, and haven't even looked into availability yet. I'm looking at July hopefully, however it won't be with Tony's if that's the case since the only July runs they have are in NJ, but I really would like to run another with Tony before the season ends.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Super Adventurer SRTie4k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin, NH
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Welcome.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2017 Honda CRF250L Rally

  8. #8

  9. #9
    I pick things up.... mzdagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bennington, NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,754

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Quote Originally Posted by AVI8_636 View Post
    Nothing scheduled yet I really wanted to ride on the June 19th track day, however I'm not sure if it'll be doable with my schedule. For the May track day my buddy and I were COMPLETELY underprepared since we rode up the morning of. This next time I'd like to rent a pickup or a van to put the bike and some tools in. I also need to rent a full suit again, and haven't even looked into availability yet. I'm looking at July hopefully, however it won't be with Tony's if that's the case since the only July runs they have are in NJ, but I really would like to run another with Tony before the season ends.
    I'll be at Aug 13th. Stop by and say hi. Blue SV with naked chick windscreen. Can't miss it.

    Welcome

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,977

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Quote Originally Posted by AVI8_636 View Post
    Honestly everything was great. The instructors were really helpful, in fact for my 2nd session after the initial follow the leader, I asked one (I think his name was Casey?) if he wouldn't mind giving me some one on one. We ran the whole session together, both with him leading and then him following me. I was even happier at the end of the session because I went to the garages, but I didn't know initially who the instructor was, and before I could even turn around I saw him running up to the garages ready to give feedback! So it was definitely a great time!

    And yeah I fly for a living, honestly don't know why I picked that for a username though haha.
    Cool, cool. What do ya fly?
    I went to Daniel Webster & got my AS in Aviation Ops and BS in Aviation Management... haven't flown since, though. Currently employed in the Security industry but lookin' to possibly get back into the field. Not as a pilot, though. Don't have the ratings or experience. Just SEL Complex and WAY out of date (by about 10 years )

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  11. #11
    Senior Member AVI8_636's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    604

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Cool, cool. What do ya fly?
    I went to Daniel Webster & got my AS in Aviation Ops and BS in Aviation Management... haven't flown since, though. Currently employed in the Security industry but lookin' to possibly get back into the field. Not as a pilot, though. Don't have the ratings or experience. Just SEL Complex and WAY out of date (by about 10 years )
    Nice! I'm currently flying PC12's for a private company. I know a BUNCH of Webster guys, in fact most of the guys I work with came from Webster. I'm one of the very few who didn't do my training there haha If you're looking to get back into the industry, in the air or just have questions shoot me a PM, I'm always up for talking flying!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,977

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Ah, the ole Palatypuss. I can dig it. I'll have to pick your brain at the next TTD.
    Where do ya fly out of?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  13. #13
    Senior Member AVI8_636's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    604

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Ah, the ole Palatypuss. I can dig it. I'll have to pick your brain at the next TTD.
    Where do ya fly out of?
    I'm based out of PSM.

    Do you work all the track days? I really wish I could be there for the one in a couple weeks If there's spots available still I may end up signing up last minute

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37,977

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    I'm at pretty much all of the Tony's events in NH.

    According to the website, the 18th is sold out and there's only a few spots left in the 19th and 20th.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  15. #15
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16,492

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Welcome. I am near Dover myself. Fugly black Suzuki V-Strom with a bright-assed green hi-viz helmet. Wave if yah see me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Newbie filthy666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    braintree
    Posts
    8

    Re: New rider from NH/MA


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Newbie baileyx231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kittery Maine
    Posts
    9

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    you guys out of Dover i just moved here last thursday, i am off Back River rd. lets try and get a ride together so i can learn the roads.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somersworth, NH
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,417

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    i am right over in Somersworth if you ever need a hand working on the bike or just wanna get some riding in. B

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

  19. #19
    Lifer nt650hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore
    Age
    49
    Posts
    7,514

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    but lookin' to possibly get back into the field. Not as a pilot, though.
    Pete say it ain't so. Male stewardess???






    Welcome to the club. We've got a number of pilots that attend our track days. Almost like Pete, I'll be at most of the remaining TTD. We'll keep an eye out for you. Pete and I do a lot of 1+1 personalized instructing.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

  20. #20

  21. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Standish ME
    Posts
    9

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    the 636 is an awesome motorcycle! track days def sound like fun!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2004 ZX10R Turbo. Yeah, im not all there upstairs. Boost is more addictive then crack and even more expensive!

  22. #22
    Newbie baileyx231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kittery Maine
    Posts
    9

    Re: New rider from NH/MA

    Quote Originally Posted by RIZXVIR View Post
    i am right over in Somersworth if you ever need a hand working on the bike or just wanna get some riding in. B

    If that message was for me, I am ready to hit some of the roads up here and can prob snag one or two to join if given a few days notice.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Another rider gone.....RIP
    By South of Heaven in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-12-14, 10:16 AM
  2. Portsmouth, NH area rider rider checking in.
    By sl33pt3rr0r in forum Welcome and Intro
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-13-13, 08:03 PM
  3. Rider down in NH.
    By mycirus in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-14-08, 06:30 PM
  4. Getting cursed out by another rider (a lousy rider)
    By sanfelice in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-27-08, 12:01 AM
  5. Rider down
    By markbvt in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-07, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •