Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

new to site, but not 2 wheeled fun

new to site, but not 2 wheeled fun

Well I found this site a few weeks ago and have been browsing ever since. I just finally took the time to register!! A little about me, I'm 31 married, father of 3. I'm living in southbridge right now, an auto mechanic and now for the fun stuff, currently I have a 95 ninja zx6e that I've more or less rebuilt over the past few years, I've got about 300 cold miles so far this season since getting her goin and reregistered this season. Hopefully by the end of the season the kawi will be out and a 1st gen hayabusa will be in, I want one so bad since ridding one a few seasons ago,but probably wishful thinking seemings how my wife and kids leave me with very little extra cash, unless I can find someone looking to downsize and trade outright lol. I've been riding for around 20 years starting on an 86 yz 80. 1st streetbike was a kawi kz440, then a kz750, honestly I'm not really a kawi guy but I just happen to fall into then for a unbeatable price!!! Last bike was a bandit 1200 which was an ugly fun bike. As soon as I figure out how I will upload pics of my bike even though the camera doesn't do my fresh paint any justice

Well I have very few ppl to ride with these days, pretty much just my brother who now has my old bandi and my stepdad who has an electraglide if anyone in southbridge, Charlton, oxford, Webster area is down for a ride or planning 1 I'd love to go burn up some asphalt in a group, only problem is I only have weds night, Saturday morn and Sunday to ride, the rest I'm busy being daddy while my wife is at work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: new to site, but not 2 wheeled fun

Welcome.

Im nearby and have time to spend riding once i get crap done around the house. Ive got a shed full of bikes to ride so don't worry about an older bike.
    Love the busa's too. If i had an extra slot it would be filled with one of those or a clean 900rr. I fancy the mid 90's zx7's as well. Those bikes all have character.
    I've got a beater kz750 in the shed now. Doesnt seem like that bad of a bike. If one of those got you riding then it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited by boosten lebaron; 04-27-14 at 01:42 PM.

Welcome to NESR! Still riding dirty bikes?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

@ maxim, I haven't had a dirty bike in a few years, but is like to buy a early 00's 2stroke by the end of the season only cause they can be had for under a grand in half decent shape

@boosten I wish I had a stable of bikes or even atleast a 2nd so when I'm doing upgrades I have somethin to ride in the meantime lol. Those 900rr are such great bikes, I almost bought 1 brand new awhile back, got approved for a loan and everything but can't remember what went wrong at the time, think my roommate at the time flaked out or something.I'm def down for riding, Sunday is usually my best day to get out cause I work 7-5 all week and my wife works nights so I'm home bein daddy till I find a reliable sitter, which has to be soon, cause I always have side work lined up that I cant do till then

Welcome to the forum. Lots of new peeps here to meet . Remember your kids when you ride ATGATT !

I'm always got my leather gloves and armored leather jacket, helmet is a given no matter if helmet law or not, though I could use a new one. I do need to find a pair of preferably leather riding pants, and real riding boots. For now I have snowboarding over pants for this cold weather, just jeans when warm and steel toed work boots. Getting gear as I can afford too but once I own it then it gets worn everytime I ride even just a half mile trip to gas station. I feel very vulnerable when I'm unprotected and if I'm cold then I'm not 100% focused on the road. My coworkers laugh at me when I shoe up with my snow pants when its 45degrees out but I don't care cause that's the difference for me having a safe fun ride to work vs a miserable ride where my head isn't totally focused

Lifer

Try cycle gear in manchester for cheap gear like boots. They arent the best but they work. Jenni might know of some clearance boots ahead of time if you ask or if they have anything lying around. i think i paid 6 bucks for my pair.