Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Welcome Rye

Welcome Rye

Welcome Rye ...how did you find us ..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nada
    confusius says " gardrails can hurt like a motherfucker "

Talking wellcome rye

yeah look out for jay

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Welcome Rye

Welcome!

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

Welcome Rye

Welcome Rye.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

Welcome Rye

Welcome to the board....how did you find us?????

Rui
    2000CBR 600F4
    Yellow /Black
    Micron exhaust
    www.ruifrias.com

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Welcome Rye

howdy, neighbor... welcome!

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Welcome Rye

Ahhhhh, I finally figured this out. An introduction, nice touch! Hello all! I have a couple of posts already so sorry for the belated response. I heard of you guys through Taylor. I've been lurking for a couple months and read of his misfortune. Kinda prompted me to jump on in. As you can see I'm from Peabody, and the owner of a disassembled zx7/9 (wolf in sheeps clothing...well at least when the wolf is out of hibernation!). I was a member of SRNE prior to moving to Cali. Now I'm back. SRNE is a lot slower nowadays than when I was an orig. member. Nice to see another organized group though. Well, anyway, glad to be here!

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Welcome Rye

hi Rye....im over at SRNE also...and yeah...it is kinda dead over there lately......where were u in California,by the way?

Welcome Rye

San Diego. Goddam sportbike mecca. All of So. Cal for that matter. God do I wanna get back out there.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Welcome Rye

i was stationed in san diego for about a year and a half...(years ago)...i had a cb350 back then....so i got to scoot around a little...perfect weather...but it does get boring sometimes,,,NOT!!!...

Welcome Rye

Navy or Marines? They make up a huge chunk of the economy in D. Especially since the Pacific fleet is based out of there. Yeah it is a great place. Only a matter of time and I'll be back out there.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Welcome Rye

.......i was in the Navy......homeported on 2 different ships.......did the west pac thing.......ended up at a NAS in Md for my last duty..were u in one of the services yourself?....
    id like to get back there and see what its like someday....im sure it has gone thru some drastic changes........by the way happy thanksgiving...

Welcome Rye

A happy T-day to you as well. I was not in the service but quite a few of the guys I rode with/Golfed with were in. I played the NAS course in Coronado quite a bit with a ex. master chief from the Long Beach (decomissioned). Mike Norrod? Lives in Cheyenne now. Older guy, about 50-51. The town is expanding unbelievably. From Chula Vista to Pendelton......construction. Great place to live and raise a family, way different from LA area. You can actually breathe.....LOL. Traffic is starting though.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Welcome Rye

me again....nope..i didnt know your friend Mike.....i was on an amphibious ship..uss fort marion lsd 22, and uss paul revere lpa 288...4 years was about all i desired at that juncture in my life...once in a while i wish i had stayed in...only cause i would have been retired a long time ago.... .....any hoo...i noticed in yur profile that u are a skier.....where do u usually ski?..i work for the state up here....at Cannon mt...we start the season tomorrow,in fact.hopefully we will have a normal snowy winter....i gotta run.....
    keet

Welcome Rye

Cannon, no shit. I tend to go to some of the bigger mountains, Sunday, The Loaf, Killington, and Jay Peak when I muster the energy for the drive. I also go to Loon for the terrain, great cruisers and steeps and they really groom nicely for those ice days which dominate eastern skiing. Cannon, is great, use to go when I was in my teens and early 20's but haven't been in a few years. I actually wanted to work there a few years ago as either an Ambassador or get my EMT-B and ski patrol. If I am going to be in this area of the country for a while, I am going to look into moving to NH. Better place to live than MA. I just cannot work downtown anymore.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Welcome Rye

........if you ever get a chance to ski cannon again,you will notice that we are trying to make improvements....the old peabody chair has been replaced by a detchable quad chair,which cuts the ride to the top by half the old time (6 minutes)....,,,last spring they did a new electronic retrofit to the tram cars to make it more servicable and faster,this summer,some new trails were made over near the mittersill side,we have a couple beginners areas too,where people can teach their kids,and not be skied over by faster skiers ...they have dumped a lot of $$ into the mountain over the past few years...next summer we are going to be making some structural improvements on some of the bldgs here...(much needed).....i agree about loon grooming...altho the weather around here plays a major part on the impact of conditions.....some years they get the snow, and vice versa.....i didnt ski there last year....my truck was giving me trouble...and its only 22 miles from me.....im hoping to go up and ski Jay peak at least once this season.....midweek of
    course.
    if u ever get up to cannon...im usually working at the "detach" quad....and the "real" name is keith,,,,ill be at the top or bottom....
    gotta run.....

Welcome Rye

Well seeing how ski season is a couple weeks away and I haven't been to Cannon in a few years, it may be the season opener. I'll e-mail in advance of the w/e I'm planning on making a run up. I'll post it on here incase we have any other skiers (OK boarders too) in the ranks that might want to join.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Welcome Rye

...hey!!...first day at the mt went ok...BUT...only a few trails are open thus far....i wouldnt even consider wasting time OR money, until a lot more trails are ready....we need a good old fashioned snow storm to accelerate things ....im guessing that "most" of the mt will be ready for christmas....hopefully......im getting ready for work so thats about it 4 now....later!!

Welcome Rye

Welcome!

-Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.