Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1996 RM125 Build

Re: 1996 RM125 Build

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    my bad

99% of my carb tuning has been on my 800cc triple sled, which has a fuel screw.

What is so good about that carb anyway? Bigger, or just nice quality?
    i was just being a douche i know you know

bhavesh said it was sweet prob because the PWK is less finicky than something like a Mikuni TMX which require retuning if you look at it wrong.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21
    and if you guys see me stop posting, just assume this bitch has killed me and pour one out for me. Its..... non linear in its power delivery.
    Canít believe I missed this line....that describes it pretty well...death machines...you definitely need to be in sync with the power, but when you do, it goes feom
    Hell to heaven in milliseconds.

Now you get it...everyone loves a good 125

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

Yes, the PWK is a common carb on many 2 smoke bikes, and it generally “works” without much frustration. It will idle more easily than the PWM, easier to tune, and the separate choke/idle speed mechanics make the idle more likely to happen, and easier to tune on the fly. It is hard to judge it like so until you get a lot of saddle time, but I traded out the PWM to the PWK and it had a smoother roll on and idled consistently.

Too high idle is terrifying when you whisky throttle or go too fast into a turn, loose footing (so no brakes), holding on to dear life (so not enough to clutch) and are relying on the engine to decelerate to scrub any speed before the berm. If not, it will send you pretty quickly into a tree...or your death...or a broken collarbone. We still like 125’s guys?

Last edited by breakdirt916; 06-06-18 at 03:38 PM.

Nope, no recoated anything. I dont think it has a ton of hours on it. it is clean as hell for sure.

I'm 6'5" 250 and NOT a super experienced dirtbike rider, and I live on a long dirt road up a steep hill, and if you guys see me stop posting, just assume this bitch has killed me and pour one out for me. Its..... non linear in its power delivery.

I LOVE IT.

Imagine being a 130lb little guy on one! Iím 235, but my 125 would rip me around no problem if kept on the pipe.

Im having trouble finding a shift point, i feel like my reaction is to shift when it gets on the pipe cause the rpms skyrocket. Whats redline? Is there a rev limiter?

Ive got some seat time on a wr450, which is faster, but this is very different, its a handful and thats the fun of it. I havent taken it up the mountain yet, which can be rocky, so that will be interesting. I need th3 rim lock to get here so i can put the front wheel back on!!!

Im having trouble finding a shift point, i feel like my reaction is to shift when it gets on the pipe cause the rpms skyrocket. Whats redline? Is there a rev limiter?

Ive got some seat time on a wr450, which is faster, but this is very different, its a handful and thats the fun of it. I havent taken it up the mountain yet, which can be rocky, so that will be interesting. I need th3 rim lock to get here so i can put the front wheel back on!!!
    You’ll feel the power start to taper, shift. You’ll get a sense of how narrow the powerband is and develop your shifting accordingly. It’s all by feel and seat time is all you need.

sounds good. I hope the rim lock makes it here by the weekend.

Boy, it isnt cheap to run either. I have cheap 2 stroke oil here for weed whackers and chainsaws, but I decided for a high strung race motor on break in I would get good oil, so I got 2 small bottles for $2.99 each which barely did 2 gallons, plus I paid $3.50/gal for 93, so Im lookin at $13+ just to fill the tiny 2 gal tank....

yup lol...I run castor 927 and get the biggest container they have...I usually keep a 5 gallon mixed up for rides + a full tank (3.2 gallon desert) for even just a couple days of open desert riding

doesn't help that they get 21-35mpg depending on jetting and your right hand (even then, a too lean jetting leads to engine destruction)

Lifer

Who wants to come tenty on a lawn in maine and ride with me before I sell it??????????????? Seriously.... Trails here are nasty from the back of my house. Just wait for me at the next turn....
    You have trails out your door, a freshly built bike you're having fun on, and you're talking about selling it?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    You have trails out your door, a freshly built bike you're having fun on, and you're talking about selling it?
    Its not my bike, it is a close friends.

Mail it here with a plate and we can do LA-Barstow to Vegas on 2 wheels 2 strokes

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Mail it here with a plate and we can do LA-Barstow to Vegas on 2 wheels 2 strokes
    That would be sick!

Sweet. show it on vitalmx.com. Old school section. Maybe get some pricing ideas or even a buyer.

this bike is all done and for sale by the original owner. I know him well, he was the best man in my wedding. He isn't much good for working the internet, but I can put you in touch with him. Thinking $1,750 for it, noting that $500 in parts were just installed, and I don't know how much the motor rebuild was on top of that. Bike starts one kick, has new chain and sprockets, new radiators, very good tires, etc.

Owner has no intention of riding it. It bit him once long ago, and I even had a hard time getting him to take it for a rip after I finished rebuilding it. As you can imagine, the bike is a handful.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12