Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 205

American holidays

  1. #101
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,621

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    i dont get how you can get pride and offense in the same thing. You said WAR is your History. so why so upset if called war lovers.
    if you wanna vise versa the whole thing the Spartans were 100% a war based civilization. thats ALL their history was. No mathematics, no physics no democrasy. just plain WAR. saves Greece several times against major enemies although Greece was not exactly united at the time.
    Very similar to US history and war policy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    didnt expect a better response anyways
    Dude seriously? Comparing Sparta to the US? Who put the first man on the moon? We have no Science?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I am sorry Doc but I have yet to see anything like that from my short knowledge on what soldiers too. I have not served the army ( Greeek or American ) and i dont plan on doing so.
    Then do a little research or stop making such blanket statements.

    0 Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  2. #102
    Lifer markbvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Georgia, VT
    Posts
    3,744

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    i dont get how you can get pride and offense in the same thing. You said WAR is your History. so why so upset if called war lovers.
    if you wanna vise versa the whole thing the Spartans were 100% a war based civilization. thats ALL their history was. No mathematics, no physics no democrasy. just plain WAR. saves Greece several times against major enemies although Greece was not exactly united at the time.
    Very similar to US history and war policy.
    Yeah, very similar... because the US has never accomplished anything except war. We've never made any scientific advances, or cured diseases, or put men on the moon, or developed advanced technologies, or spent enormous amounts of money on humanitarian causes, or created great art, literature, and music.

    Please wake up and read some of the nonsense you're posting.

    --mark

    1 Not allowed!
    '17 KTM 1090 Adventure R / '16 Honda Africa Twin (for sale) / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '03 Honda XR650L (for sale) / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, June 1-3, 2018

  3. #103
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    thats where you guys completely lost me. This what this whole thread started based on. There are so many other things to be proud and celebrate for.
    I think my comparisson was misunderstood 100% not sure how i can correct that. I def did not mean that all US has is War.

    1 Not allowed!

  4. #104
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,011

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    didnt expect a better response anyways
    Your posts don't necessitate a better response. You post garbage, garbage is coming back.

    My post was referencing that you were debating the middle east with me, when you had no idea what is going on over there.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  5. #105
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Then do a little research or stop making such blanket statements.
    its a lot easier to look at the amount of people killed than the bridges built Doc

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Your posts don't necessitate a better response. You post garbage, garbage is coming back.

    My post was referencing that you were debating the middle east with me, when you had no idea what is going on over there.
    and you do?

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #106
    Super Adventurer SRTie4k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fitzwilliam, NH
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,845

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I dont just open my mouth and talk shit.
    Your previous 2 pages of posts sure come across that way.

    0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

  7. #107
    Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Devon/Surrey, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    920

    Re: American holidays

    Yowza, this kind of veered horribly from the point I was trying to make - Think Bigger.
    Imagine what we could achieve if we funded science/looked up to scientists even a fraction of the amount that we currently do to military endeavors. The country has such incredible potential, but we need to recognize that, and actively strive to be the best we can be in every aspect. The military is necessary - and should be thanked for doing a tough job. But we need to keep it in perspective - remembering the other amazing things the US has achieved, and heading towards the next.

    It really honestly saddens me to see that in some ways we've slipped backward - and this applies to a lot of countries. That same drive, passion, and 'We will make it work' attitude that did end up with the US being the first to another planet really really needs to be fostered.

    Be thankful for the military - but thankful as only one facet of what can be an incredible country.

    3 Not allowed!

  8. #108
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,011

    Re: American holidays

    I'm done. You win.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  9. #109
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    Your previous 2 pages of posts sure come across that way.
    maybe then you can provide me with a VALID reason of what business US soldiers have in Iraq

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #110
    Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Devon/Surrey, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    920

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Yeah, very similar... because the US has never accomplished anything except war. We've never made any scientific advances, or cured diseases, or put men on the moon, or developed advanced technologies, or spent enormous amounts of money on humanitarian causes, or created great art, literature, and music.

    Please wake up and read some of the nonsense you're posting.

    --mark
    This, so much. In a short time the country has done frankly awesome things. Just feels as if a little impetus has been lost lately.

    1 Not allowed!

  11. #111
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,067

    Re: American holidays

    And there it is. Yes, the United States as a whole are nothing but a bunch of war mongers that can't keep it's nose out of everyone's business. That is of course, until you come to us with your destroyed eco & social systems that get torn apart either by civic unrest or outside forces. Money & military ~ the world wants it from us, then pisses & moans when the convenience no longer meets their needs. They want so desparately for 'us' to step in and save the world, spreading liberty for ALL humans, then thump their chests when the dust settles and pisses on us. You just lost any shred of respect I had, and you've pissed on ANY legitimacy your original post held. Yeah, then the only argument is '...Iraq, blah-blah-blah...Afghanistan, blsh-blah-blah...' Fuck you,k ya fuckin' pricks. I'm SO fuckin' done with this thread, it makes me sick to my stomach...

    0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  12. #112
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx31pxE4gV0

    and before you learn about middle east find your own country first PLEASE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTG4t...eature=related

    0 Not allowed!

  13. #113
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,621

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    its a lot easier to look at the amount of people killed than the bridges built Doc
    Easier... maybe. It is easier to see the bad, it is reported and sensationalized because it sells papers. But is it correct to only see and point out the bad?

    0 Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  14. #114
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    And there it is. Yes, the United States as a whole are nothing but a bunch of war mongers that can't keep it's nose out of everyone's business.
    if you show me one post that I say that I will apologize to you. the conversation went there when middle east was brought up for some reason. History is history one way or another. I dont hate this country or anything about it. Why is it so hard for you to conversate and see things from a round point of view other than the things that you already know?

    1 Not allowed!

  15. #115
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Easier... maybe. It is easier to see the bad, it is reported and sensationalized because it sells papers. But is it correct to only see and point out the bad?
    absolutely not. which is why I dont get why people get so emotional about this thread. its all on a conversating tone (at least from my side). i dont know if its the net and the written speech that makes people take things I say the wrong way. but if we are gonna talk with facts we gotta be able to communicate first.

    2 Not allowed!

  16. #116
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,011

    Re: American holidays


    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  17. #117
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,621

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    absolutely not. which is why I dont get why people get so emotional about this thread. its all on a conversating tone (at least from my side). i dont know if its the net and the written speech that makes people take things I say the wrong way. but if we are gonna talk with facts we gotta be able to communicate first.
    It is definately the net dude... I have this same problem all the time yet when I converse with people in person there are rarely issues.

    Let me help your thread.

    "Doc Sucks"


    0 Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  18. #118
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    sad

    0 Not allowed!

  19. #119
    Cabin Fever kb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Down South
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,000

    Re: American holidays

    See why I was frustrated from the start? I knew the original question was a thinly veiled attempt to comment on something else entirely.

    Funny how he's applying for citizenship within this country but has so many criticisms of who we are and what our country is founded upon and stands for world-wide. Perhaps you should try Canada, that might be a better fit for you.

    1 Not allowed!

  20. #120
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    so wrong

    1 Not allowed!

  21. #121
    Super Adventurer SRTie4k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fitzwilliam, NH
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,845

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    maybe then you can provide me with a VALID reason of what business US soldiers have in Iraq
    Right now? Because we fucked up the balance of power in the country and needed to restore order instead of leave a smoking crater of a country to devolve into civil war.

    Is that not a valid reason? Yes, we went in for an ill-defined reason initially, possibly even fueled by a long standing feud. But the fact of the matter was that once we went in and took Saddam down, leaving the country to itself at that point would have left a bigger mess on our hands than not, and would have been a greater moral sin than had we not helped stabilize the country. It essentially came down to the lesser of two evils.

    Questioning our original intent is not going to solve anything in the country going forward. Level-headed planning and long-term foresight is what was necessary after we stirred up the hornets nest. And I think we did an admirable job in that respect, considering counter-insurgencies often end up in a stalemate or outright civil war (think Vietnam, Russia in Afghanistan, etc).

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by SRTie4k; 07-06-12 at 09:47 AM.
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

  22. #122
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    Right now? Because we fucked up the balance of power in the country and needed to restore order instead of leave a smoking crater of a country to devolve into civil war.

    Is that not a valid reason? Yes, we went in for an ill-defined reason initially, possibly even fueled by a long standing feud. But the fact of the matter was that once we went in and took Saddam down, leaving the country to itself at that point would have left a bigger mess on our hands than not, and would have been a greater moral sin than had we not helped stabilize the country. It essentially came down to the lesser of two evils.
    so if you say WE fucked up the balance of the country and went there for an ill-defined reason initially and I said exactly that just wiht a ? at the end why am I attacking Americana and am so anti-american.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kb1 View Post
    Perhaps you should try Canada, that might be a better fit for you.
    nah, i like it here

    1 Not allowed!

  23. #123
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,011

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    so wrong
    You openly insulted Americans in this thread...so don't expect anything positive to come from it.

    Calling us out as dumb and telling us we should locate ourselves on the map before we do anything else. Classy.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  24. #124
    Cabin Fever kb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Down South
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,000

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    so if you say WE fucked up the balance of the country and went there for an ill-defined reason initially and I said exactly that just wiht a ? at the end why am I attacking Americana and am so anti-american.

    - - - Updated - - -


    nah, i like it here
    You're a mess... I don't know if it's the language barrier or what but you're a mess dude.

    1 Not allowed!

  25. #125
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,572

    Re: American holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    You openly insulted Americans in this thread...so don't expect anything positive to come from it.

    Calling us out as dumb and telling us we should locate ourselves on the map before we do anything else. Classy.
    I will give you that that was out of line and idiotic of me.
    But none of my posts prior to that was on an insulting tone or had that as a purpose.

    0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Holidays
    By ducatiwheelie in forum Rides & Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-06, 07:39 PM
  2. happy holidays!
    By theothersean in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-05, 10:18 PM
  3. Holidays
    By gixxer6 in forum Pit Area
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-04, 06:45 PM
  4. I need help...which holidays are usually off?
    By MissTwisties in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-04, 07:21 PM
  5. New ODD TODD for the Holidays
    By snowborder in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-02, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •