Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anyone Ever Have...

Anyone Ever Have...

I'm curious, stoneman, why never an Audi?

FYI: I don't know jack about the Volvo or the H3, I would never buy a Volvo and the H3 is just fugly IMHO.

Now, an all-road... mmm... makes me tingle all over to think about driving one every day....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Anyone Ever Have...

i have an i5 powered colorado and it is ok as far as power. i only have a short bed reg cab 4x4 with the 5 speed. if you add 1g pounds of suv bullshit like the h3 i don't know how it would move.

the first model year thing is so true. mine's an 04 and i have a list of shit thats wrong with it. someone please steal and burn it. i'll pay you

stoneman can you get a soob wrx in wagon form?

Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by blackvfr
    i'll pay you

How Much?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by Stoneman
    We've test driven 2 different XC90's. The V8 is so far overpriced it's not funny. The twin turbo 6 cylinder was rather unimpressive, power-wise. Was extremely disappointed at how the 90 handled. The models we drove were 2005's, and we were a little let down and discouraged at the overall quality of the interior finish considering how much money they wanted for 'em. Volvo shoulda kept outta the SUV segment in my opinion...

Again though, that's not really relavent here...
    Volvo shoud take less influence from parent FORD

have you considered a Rover?

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by rjh200
    How Much?

what are your qualifications?

Anyone Ever Have...

My aunt has a 2004 XC70 and I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I like driving mine better than the XC. I didnt like the seating position although the handeling was really good on it. My cherokee is great. Try out the Beemer too. I never drove the SUV but I just bought a 3 series and it drives awesome.

Bruce

Anyone Ever Have...

Have you sen the New 2006 Tahoe's? That is sweet looking ride with lots of power and plenty of room for the Fam!

I am no fan of the Hummers. Except of coarse the H1's. I drove my buddies for a week and gave it back to him thankfully. P.O.S. with many blind spots, which I imagine the H3 also has similar blind spots?

The Volvo SUV thing is a great choice, but big $ I was very surprised at the price tags when I was window shopping.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by mycirus
    My aunt has a 2004 XC70 and I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I like driving mine better than the XC. I didnt like the seating position although the handeling was really good on it. My cherokee is great. Try out the Beemer too. I never drove the SUV but I just bought a 3 series and it drives awesome.

Bruce
    My momz has the Grand Cherokee and I love it. Not viable for me due to the laughable mileage...

Not really all that interested in an 'SUV'. The only reason I was even thinking of the H3 was simply because of all the fun we had while we had it...

Audi, BMW, Volkswagons are all never rans for me. Not interested in owning any of the above, nor will anyone in my family while we're sharing a roof...

Not interested in a Tahoe, Trailblazer, Volvo XC90 (SUV), or any of those. I'm extremely interested in the XC70, black on black of course...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Just Registered

Anyone Ever Have...

Just wanna make sure *I* understand what *I* said...
    Car shopping with public input is when you're still looking, when you have 50 cars to look at and you know you're not going to TD them all, so you ask.

When it gets down to 1 or 2 choices it's like asking what toothpaste tastes better to you. Then having an iron pig, a svelte soccermobile, or ll bean as your only choices doesen't really leave much of an option open for actual help with your decision, cause it's going to come down to which one of those 3 you think you will be happy with. I do know that thus far you are the only person in this thread that believes driving an H3 is giddy fun though - so I think thats safe to take off the short list.

Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    Car shopping with public input is when you're still looking, when you have 50 cars to look at and you know you're not going to TD them all, so you ask.

When it gets down to 1 or 2 choices it's like asking what toothpaste tastes better to you. Then having an iron pig, a svelte soccermobile, or ll bean as your only choices doesen't really leave much of an option open for actual help with your decision, cause it's going to come down to which one of those 3 you think you will be happy with. I do know that thus far you are the only person in this thread that believes driving an H3 is giddy fun though - so I think thats safe to take off the short list.
    Simply put, I asked about TWO cars and if anyone had any 'long-term reports' involving real world situations. Actual experience with either model I mentioned. I didn't ask about the Soob 'cuz I've had one for four years and 108,000 miles. I never asked for help with my decision, just if anyone's put serious miles on either and what - if any - issues they've had...

And to the best of my knowledge I'm the ONLY one here that's test driven the H3. But for what it's worth, the simple fact that it's a Chevy pretty much puts it outta contention for serious consideration. While it was a blast to drive, I seriously doubt I'm willing to put myself through the typical Chevy bullshit I've so often fell victim to in the past...

Littering and........

Anyone Ever Have...

Anyone Ever Have...

Mini-van.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Anyone Ever Have...

you still havent said why you are so adament about Audi

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Just Registered

Anyone Ever Have...

He doesen't like Audi because that isn't standard equipment on the H3 or the XC70.

Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    He doesen't like Audi because that isn't standard equipment on the H3 or the XC70.
    psssst!

It's because he can't reach the pedals.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Anyone Ever Have...

re: Bowtie

One thing I know, the Chevy's rear brakes will be shit in 25K miles. Damn bastards have been using basically the same crap for decades. You'd think they'd have emptied the old parts bins by now.

Got about 28K on an Uglavanche now. Aside from the rear brakes crapping out, and getting a replacement intermediate steering shaft (another decades old design that's finally been updated), it's been solid. No squeaks or rattles either. I'd buy another Chevy no problem. I have faith in the Mexican robots. Of course I say that now, with only 28k on the clock.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Anyone Ever Have...

And hey, who's this guy that keeps on carping on & on about an H3 or some XC70 wagon thing? Give it a rest already...

Just Registered

Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by ChR1s
    And hey, who's this guy that keeps on carping on & on about an H3 or some XC70 wagon thing? Give it a rest already...
    Some people have different ways of coming out of the closet?

Anyone Ever Have...

Isn't the Volvo just a skinned explorer

I guess I can no longer "trust" any vehicle

If your only going to put on like 80000 they all will
    probably make it.

I would be embarrassed from an H2 or H3 as they
    scream I am a stupid poser.

Fear of gas price has me thinking I will make my van my 3rd vehicle and park it most of the time except when needed.

Then look at like a Toyate Matrix for every day. The micro van in 2 wheel drive gets around 30 ... 26+ really.

I am always surprised that all wheel costs you 3 miles per gallon but that seems to be the rule. My freind did say once I don't want to carry around a 1000 pounds of crap every day for 4 days of snow a year.

Lastly are 2 used things better then 1 new. Each one specialized to its activity.

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Anyone Ever Have...

I may be slightly biased here, but I haven't seen one Subaru equipped with an H6 come through with any engine problems(barring lack of maintenance). Granted it would be a nightmare to work on if it ever came down to it. The turbo engines they're using in the WRX and Legacy GT have seemed pretty bulletproof, too.

The N/A 2.5 motor they were using just seemed to have gremlins(like the headgaskets ALWAYS seeping). I've only had to pull two turbo motors apart, one had very sketchy maintenance history with no signs of abuse, and the other was driven into some very deep water(obvious customer error/abuse). Again, I have never seen an H6 have problems not caused by the operator.

You're a great customer Jay, stick with Subaru!

$.02 from a soob tech

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Littering and........

Anyone Ever Have...

Audi, BMW, Volkswagons are all never rans for me. Not interested in owning any of the above, nor will anyone in my family while we're sharing a roof...
    Something tells me there is more to that story......

Anyone Ever Have...

Volvo... I really can't think of a single advantage over the H3 except in the H3 people will laugh at you for wasting your money.

Seriously, if you can deal with Lovering Volvo in Concord, NH, do it... I bought a used car from them they happened to have on the lot (not even a volvo) and they were awsome.

Anyone Ever Have...

Originally posted by TurboRush91
    Volvo... I really can't think of a single advantage over the H3 except in the H3 people will laugh at you for wasting your money.

Seriously, if you can deal with Lovering Volvo in Concord, NH, do it... I bought a used car from them they happened to have on the lot (not even a volvo) and they were awsome.
    Yup, we'd be going back to Lovering. No doubt. They've treated us incredibly well with my wife's...

BTW-The H3 we priced is less than the XC70 we priced. And they get close to the same mileage...

My primary concern is mileage. I do about 30,000 miles a year, and I tend to keep 'em for 4 years or so. Can a GM handle that? Based on experience, not on the original motors or trannys. But as I said, the Volvo's first in my mind at this point...

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Anyone Ever Have...

Last edited by SVRACER01; 03-03-07 at 07:11 PM.
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Anyone Ever Have...

who's got the popcorn

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast