Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any autocross or HPDE guys here?

Re: Any autocross or HPDE guys here?

Quote Originally Posted by curiouser View Post
    Nice, I'm going to try making it to the one in July. Was it well run, despite the shifty weather?
    They did a great job. Lot of open track, because I think some people with the rain. I looked at it as an opportunity to work the car hard in the wet. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are pretty damned amazing.

For $150 you can’t beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    I should auto-x the raptor...
    It would be an exercise in frustration. A Mustang is fairly wide amongst these cars, at 75”. My WRX is about 70 and a Miata 68. A Raptor is 6” wider than an F150 at 86” and your wheelbase is literally 2-4 feet longer than anything else. Not clear you’d get through the slaloms. Most don’t allow trucks/SUV’s anyway.

If they’d let you enter a track night, you’d have plenty of room. The “truckiest” vehicle there was a Jeep TrackHawk, a $100,000 Grand Cherokee with the Hellcat V8. Suggest a check with the Tech Team as most of them just won’t let trucks and SUV’s run.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-29-18 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    I love the sound of the big meaty tires howling across pavement.
    I'm strangely attracted to watching Stadium Super Trucks...

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX

Not sure how much you know about the raptor... Stock is 450 hp, 510ft/lbs @ ~18psi I run around 23 psi on my 93 tune, and baja mode has built in anti lag, where it keeps the throttle plate open but cuts fuel off throttle..... It build 5-10psi off throttle in this mode...

315's stock... probably win A-mod? IDK

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 06-29-18 at 07:57 PM.

Motorsportsreg has autocross event registration. There are different organizations that run them, and they likely make different decisions about eligible vehicles.
    MotorsportReg '|' racing, track day, HPDE, autocross, sport bike, karting & motocross events

The tracknightinamerica staff is very responsive, either via email or on Facebook.
    Track Night in America

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-30-18 at 06:14 AM.

Here's what Palmer is like by car. You really feel the hill compared to a bike. Wound up downshifting into second. Car is a 2009 WRX with Koni shocks and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. I pitted in at 5:40 due to a clusterfuck in front of me. Had open track most of the night.

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-30-18 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    They did a great job. Lot of open track, because I think some people with the rain. I looked at it as an opportunity to work the car hard in the wet. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are pretty damned amazing.

For $150 you can’t beat it.

It would be an exercise in frustration. A Mustang is fairly wide amongst these cars, at 75”. My WRX is about 70 and a Miata 68. A Raptor is 6” wider than an F150 at 86” and your wheelbase is literally 2-4 feet longer than anything else. Not clear you’d get through the slaloms. Most don’t allow trucks/SUV’s anyway.

If they’d let you enter a track night, you’d have plenty of room. The “truckiest” vehicle there was a Jeep TrackHawk, a $100,000 Grand Cherokee with the Hellcat V8. Suggest a check with the Tech Team as most of them just won’t let trucks and SUV’s run.
    Im sure my local club would let me thrash just for fun.

Also, stock is 86" wide and ive added around 4", so im around 90" wide. Parking can be interesting and it barely fits in the garage.

0 Not allowed!

For what it's worth, I'm not really gonna auto x the raptor

0 Not allowed!

A lot of people chalk their tires to see how far they are rolling the tread.

The Michelins and other hypo tires now have little arrows to show the recommended radius.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any autocross or HPDE guys here?-7f9cb755-5cb4-4502-bc6d-c3903bca631c  

0 Not allowed!

In addition to sponsorship to reduce the cost, and credits towards TireRack purchases, they also have a photographer. One pic is free, or you can buy them all for $35.

I chose to run in Novice Group to make sure I knew their rules (and Novice gets an extra session). Having run the track on a bike was a huge advantage: there was plenty of open track and most of the drivers were cool about getting passed. Except one driver of a certain German auto, who I sat behind for a lap and a half.....

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 07-02-18 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm not really gonna auto x the raptor
    RallyCross might be a better fit.

New England Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.New England Region Sports Car Club of America

The rules say, “6.3 High center of gravity vehicles will be allowed or disallowed at the discretion of the event organizing committee.” But they don’t define what is or is not. Didn’t find any trucks in the competitor lists.

Going to see if I can get one in this summer.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 07-05-18 at 05:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12