Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad drivers

Angry Bad drivers

I'm sure it's happened to many others. This afternoon I'm idling in traffic waiting for the light to change. I feel a bump hard enough to lurch the bike forward. I look in my mirror to see a young woman busy as can be reading her phone unaware she has idled across the intersection. I yell at her loud enough for her to look up. She gives a half hearted "sorry" and goes back to reading with her car STILL up against my back tire. I tell her to put the phone down and pull over. I doubt I've any damage but WTF. She just smirks and drives away. My phone is buried in my coat so no chance of getting a photo, just the plate.

Again, because I had both feet down while waiting for the light I didn't get knocked over and no damage which makes reporting questionable. As much as I hate traffic cams it sure would be nice to be able to point to that person's insurance and say "see what your F---ed up driver is doing".

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Bad drivers

Happened to me on 93N in Boston in stop and go traffic. Traffic stops, I stop, jackass behind me dos not. Like you a piss-off level tap not enough to tip me over and accompanied by a halfhearted shrug of sorry.

Made me "get" filtering as a self-defense strategy. Now I stop, but way over in the lane so there an easy glide between the 2 cars n front of me.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

There was no shortage off assist out of state clueless types around the city this weekend. One bitch rear ended an Altima hard enough to total it on a side street. Guarantee she was on the phone.

Last edited by e30addict; 09-05-17 at 06:51 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Can't wait for the day to come where cell phones are automatically disabled once in a vehicle! I'm on the road a lot for work everyday and I'm amazed at the number of drivers on their phones paying zero attention to the roads... and 75% are women!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Sucks! I've had some close calls but lucky so far. Usually pull to one side, stare my mirror down and if traffic's heavy I flicker my brake light if someone's approaching.

Drove to Boston Saturday and would definitely commit harakiri if I had to deal with that traffic every day...

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Saw a woman by the Watertown exit on 90 W, had a thick ass book wide open on her steering wheel and no hands on the wheel in Stop and go traffic.at 4 pm.
    This is the shit you get when you give away participation trophies.

Lifer

Good thing you aren't a 5'0 rider barely standing on their toes.

I assume you have or had a Superhawk based on the username? Something tells me you really don't want the tattletale system. That street goes both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    There was no shortage off assist out of state clueless types around the city this weekend. One bitch rear ended an Altima hard enough to total it on a side street. Guarantee she was on the phone.

Why the shit was that truck even changing lanes? I think that might even be more aggravating than the inability to perform a lane change.
    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Can't wait for the day to come where cell phones are automatically disabled once in a vehicle! I'm on the road a lot for work everyday and I'm amazed at the number of drivers on their phones paying zero attention to the roads... and 75% are women!
    I hear this a lot these days, but I really don't see many people on their phone.

It won't be automatically disabled while moving, because passengers. Well, I guess maybe if the phone is paired with the in-car bluetooth system it could make an assumption you're the driver and require some sort of puzzle completion or extra warning acknowledgement to show you aren't the operator. Still circumventable but maybe it'd be a fine compromise.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Good thing you aren't a 5'0 rider barely standing on their toes.

I assume you have or had a Superhawk based on the username? Something tells me you really don't want the tattletale system. That street goes both ways.

Why the shit was that truck even changing lanes? I think that might even be more aggravating than the inability to perform a lane change.

I hear this a lot these days, but I really don't see many people on their phone.

It won't be automatically disabled while moving, because passengers. Well, I guess maybe if the phone is paired with the in-car bluetooth system it could make an assumption you're the driver and require some sort of puzzle completion or extra warning acknowledgement to show you aren't the operator. Still circumventable but maybe it'd be a fine compromise.
    Lots of completely clueless drivers in the city this weekend. The NJ plated ones seemed the worst. There were a few times that I wished I had a bull bar on my car.

I also saw some dumb bitch going 60 on the pike inbound hogging the left lane. Traffic was flowing 75-80. When I passed her nice and tight she had to drop her phone. She was just chatting away. There was also way more people driving around without lights at drunk o'clock compared to normal this weekend.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

RE: “Something tells me you really don't want the tattletale system. That street goes both ways.” True enough but I am open to hear alternatives. I recall seeing a website where you post about bad drivers but that didn’t seem practical.

As for the observation about people not being on their phones…maybe it’s a Providence RI thing. There are a lot of people on their phones, many of them texting. Running red lights seems to be a sport. Using the cross walk here is like real life Frogger game. Seems like a fair number of cars have damage. I suspect bumping the next car, motorcycle or person in the crosswalk is becoming normal. I not yelling GET OFF MY LAWN but do think a few more people should walk or take the bus until they learn to stay engaged while they drive.

Here's to hoping self driving cars will solve a number of these problems. I trust a computer's decision making skills far more than I trust 90% of the public's.

2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2017 Honda CRF250L Rally

Last week i was driving down a secondary suburbia road one lane each way. It was backed up due to lights about a half mile away. I came to a side street and an on coming car was turning left, and someone was coming out of the side street. I stopped and let the car turn and the other car out into traffic, she was going in my direction. Traffic had moved about 100ft and the car I let out, a Prius C, flew down and stopped behind the line. I idled up behind her. We move 2-3 car lengths and stop again, I noticed she was a bit aggressive in hugging the car in front of her. I drive an older Avalanche and usually just let it idle through in traffic such as this, anyone who's driven a GMT800 platform knows the brakes aren't such that you tailgate. This woman in front of me starts pointing at her rearview mirror shaking her finger and talking up a storm. I honestly thought she was yelling at a kid in the back seat. Traffic moves again about 100', but she just sits there. Then she takes off hard and goes 30' and slams on her brakes, thought the back end of the car was going to lift off the ground, it happened so fast that I didn't even move yet. She starts yelling and pointing in the rear view mirror again, I'm figuring this kid in the back is in for some shit. It's so bad at times I can hear the tires squeak as she slams on the brakes, almost feel bad for the Prius, nah.
    This happens a couple more times until I shift to the inner part of the lane to let a bicycle go by and she starts pointing and yelling in her side mirror, ok, I'm the targeted asshole for some reason. This goes on for a little while, I'm amused and start to chuckle, this obviously aggravates the psycho. She starts shaking her phone at me and yelling up a storm as if I can hear her in a different car. I look behind me and there is an ambulance sitting directly behind me, no lights, he's just stuck in traffic as well. He must be seeing what is going on, he's laughing too. We get to the light and it goes red, she jumps out of her car, phone in hand and takes two steps toward my car, must have a change in heart, and gets back in to her car, so visibly frustrated that she has a hard time getting her belt back on. Light turn green, cars go except her, she waits and waits, then takes off like a banshee thinking I won't make the light?? Behind her two more lights and finally she is taking a left, I am going straight so I pass her, slowly, thinking she'll pull into my lane last minute. I look over and she is looking away, won't make eye contact. Maybe if I looked over through a mirror she would???
    I'm not sure what I did to piss her off. I let her into traffic, I didn't tailgate her when we were moving, I did compress up when stopped, but still 5 or so feet between us. I don't think I was doing anything to intimidate her, if I was in that big a hurry why would I have left her out?? Maybe it was my gas guzzling environment eating truck that she didn't approve of?? Or maybe she was bat shit crazy.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

I blew a kiss to a taxi driver this weekend who didn't like my u turn. He fucking lost it in the car; I thought he was going to explode right out the roof. People are tapped. Was it a full moon or something this weekend?

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Red Dodge Charger. I93-S just this very AM. No signal veer from the on ramp out of Londonderry all the way across traffic into the left lane, then parks it, creeping past the semis at barely 2 MPH over the limit. Gets to the fanout where we get to 3 lanes and he just stays put with a mile of empty pavement in front. Finally a gap opens and I pull right to go around. Suddenly finds the go-pedal and is now doing 85.

I don't even get it.

I need need need need to get out the door before 6 now that school is back in session!

Has anyone mentioned MA drivers in NH yet?

I blew a kiss to a taxi driver this weekend who didn't like my u turn. He fucking lost it in the car; I thought he was going to explode right out the roof. People are tapped. Was it a full moon or something this weekend?
    I actually had to stop my go to "Bowser from ShaNaNa" fist because of the reaction it elicited. People would seriously meltdown and I started to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    Has anyone mentioned MA drivers in NH yet?
    I find MA drivers are just as clueless in NH as NH drivers are in MA. Left lane squatters for sure. The biggest difference is that the NH asshole speed up a lot more often when you try to pass them on the right even if they're under the limit puttering down the left lane.

I had a minivan with a family full of little kids floor it to try and keep me from going around it a few weeks ago. I'm sure they got a wild ride for a bit, along with a face full of trailer. I really hate people sometimes.

*Side note, a Duramax pulling a car is still faster than a Grand Caravan.

Last edited by e30addict; 09-06-17 at 08:22 AM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

I find MA drivers are just as clueless in NH as NH drivers are in MA. Left lane squatters for sure. The biggest difference is that the NH asshole speed up when you try to pass them on the right even if they're under the limit puttering down the left lane.
    No way. NH would be butterflies and unicorn dicks if not for the Masshioles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    No way. NH would be butterflies and unicorn dicks if not for the Masshioles.
    You're from MA, you're not supposed to think like the NH xenophobes who want a wall at the MA border

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Damn the quality of that dashcam is pretty good. Looks better than my GoPro. I saw the second one myself too, think it was Fri or Sat night. They blocked off the traffic further up to give the guy room to back out and people were not happy. What I find particularly interesting is I don't think it's even possible to enter Storrow without going underneath the clearance placards, meaning you would literally hear it, yet somehow these people still manage to fuck up

Yeah, I'm sure the backup there was insane. They had traffic stopped cold at the Double tree and were looping people around that chemical plant who were trying to get on. It created gridlock at that whole interchange.

My theory with the rental trucks getting on Storrow etc despite the clearance signs and all the electronic signs plastered around the metro area is people are just dumb.

When you factor in most aren't used to driving large trucks at all and then add in navigating a difficult city with aggressive drivers, there isn't much brainpower left to handle anything else. When you're that inundated and you're hearing all sorts of noises from a box truck that you're not used to, banging one off a sign doesn't even hit their radar as to why they're suddenly screwed.

Last edited by e30addict; 09-06-17 at 08:47 AM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

I got rear ended at a yield into a main street with heavy traffic by a young couple on their way home from picking up their new civic. They were talking to each other.

I find MA drivers are just as clueless in NH as NH drivers are in MA. Left lane squatters for sure. The biggest difference is that the NH asshole speed up a lot more often when you try to pass them on the right even if they're under the limit puttering down the left lane...............

Just so you know, in RI if you don't drive bad enough we send you to Mass until you can sufficiently piss off the bad drivers there, then you can drive here.

My favorite bad drivers are the ones who have nobody around them, put on their directional and move all the way to the left lane for no reason what-so-ever.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

I don't know if it's becoming more prevalent elsewhere, but during my commute I'm noticing a lot more people pulling over in the median of the highway for traffic stops instead of the right side breakdown lane. In my mind, this seems like the easiest way to guarantee yourself a ticket even for a minor driving offense.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

I just love the bickering between the MA and NH folks. Reminds me of the hockey parents dboard. Some of the posts were epic. Hours of entertainment there

I had a bad driver, an old King Cobra. Recently got a new Ping G30, it's tits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast