Baseball Idiots!

Bikeless Prick

Baseball Idiots!

What the fuck is wrong with some of these guys?

Anyone see that Rivera guy from the Yankee's was cut for stealing Jeter's glove. He sold it to a guy for like $2,500! Doesn't even the minimum salaried player make like that much per game?!

I also see Strawberry's back in the pokey.

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

Baseball Idiots!

As much as I hate Daryl Strawberry, it's a shame so much talent has been thrown away like that. But how many chances can ya give the guy?

I'm obviously NOT anti-drug. But we're talking about what COULD HAVE been wunna the most prolific outfielders in MLB history. Not too mention how long he coulda stretched his career by batting DH in the AL...

It's a damn shame...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Baseball Idiots!

Isn't Daryl Strawberry awfully old at this point anyway?

I was collecting Daryl Strawberry's baseball cards in 4th grade along with Wade Boggs, Don Matingly, etc...

The guy should just retire.

I used to be a huge baseball fan when I was a kid, IMO the sport has just continually gone downhill. I still love to go into Fenway to watch a game every once in a while, but I don't follow it like I used to, and I think the sport & talent are totally overrated. Most of the players seem like spoiled brats who aren't even in top shape 90% of the time.

Ben

0 Not allowed!

Baseball Idiots!

Yip, Daryl turned 40 yesterday, the day he was picked up and jailed for violating the conditions of his latest drug violation. He ended up getting kicked outta rehab, and never notified his porole officer...

None the less, at that age, he'd be IDEAL for a DH. Even with his limited playing time these last few years, he was always a huge offensive threat...

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick

Baseball Idiots!

Hey Ben... while I agree with you on some level, I must disagree on another. I don't think MLB has more bad boys or crybaby's then they did in the past. Probably on the contrary.
    1970 Denny McLain loansharking/extortion.
    1973 Cesar Cedno Murder + Beat his pregneant wife.
    1974 Ron LeFlore Armed Robery
    1885 John Clarkson Murder.. later inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    1895 Pacer Smith (2) murders/executed.
    1996 Steve Howe Cocaine, gun possession
    1908 Ty Cobb... The King of bad boys.

Muthafucka's were even more bad ass back then.

The only problem I see with MLB now are the sports agents. IMO they're lower than even criminal lawyers.

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

Baseball Idiots!

You left out pete rose and wasn't there a whole team a long time ago refered to as the chicago black sox

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Lifer

Baseball Idiots!

I guess I mostly meant it seems like there is awareness of so many other sports that baseball just isn't appealing anymore.

I think I'd rather watch skateboading one day, motorcycle racing the next, tour de france the next, etc.. rather than baseball ever day.

Ben

0 Not allowed!

Baseball Idiots!

You left out pete rose and wasn't there a whole team a long time ago refered to as the chicago black sox
    The Pete Rose 'scandal' was a total bag job right from the get-go. If there is anyone that isn't in the Hall of Fame that SHOULD be, it's definitely him. The commish of MLB at the time relied heavily on the testimony of a convicted felon that sang like a song bird and made up stories to save his ass. To this day, it's never been proven that he actually did bet on his own games...

Ahh...the infamous Black Sox. They threw the World Series in '38 (I believe) to 'get back at then owner Mr. Cominsky. They claimed he was a cheap prick that didn't treat his employees well, and juked 'em outta bonus money for winning the pennant that year. The only player on the team that didn't participate in the tanking was former great Shoeless Joe Jackson. He hit over .300 during the series, and his life was threatened by teamates for not flubbing. Unfortunitely, he was never vindicated and was banished from the game for ever...

Two HUGE fuck ups on MLB's part that will never be forgotten by baseball fans...

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick

Baseball Idiots!

Ben- I too love to watch the "new" sports on TV. Although I remember back to when that wasn't all that unusual either, remember ABC's Wide World of Sports. They had some pretty different stuff on there from time to time. Anyone remember the cliff divers, now those fucka's are crazy.

I lost interest in basketball after the Bird years. When the Pat's signed Bledsoe I stopped watching. There's just something about baseball for me that will never lose it's appeal.

Pete Rose for President!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich