Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Basement wall finish for shop

Re: Basement wall finish for shop

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

What's van-load option? Like cash and carry?
    instead of a special order with it's own delivery to the store, the order is included with the future regular delivery that the order can fit on the truck

When I bought my Anderson bay window, I shopped around, first, I went to Home Depot, they gave me a price of $1800, I went across the parking lot to Brock's they said ya, $1800, But if you wait for a "van load" we can give it to you for $1500. the wait would be 6-8 weeks, but that worked for me. Then I went to Middleton Building Supply, knowing about van loads, I told them right up front I could wait for a van load, they gave me a price of $1350. I went back to Home Depot to see if they could sharpen their pencil, told them MBS gave me a price of $1350, they said impossible till I told them it was on a van load. Oh! they said, you can wait for a van load, we can do that for $1250

I was fully expecting to wait 6-8 weeks, but it came in 2 weeks, they tried adding $200, but I had a paid in full receipt

an example of van load savings

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 02-19-19 at 12:10 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I've been watching your progress through FB and the like, slowly gaining motivation to get going again.

My father was able to pull off the one-side-per year approach. Although he put up cedar clapboards he painted himself, on-site. Variation in clapboards didn't matter much. He did order his windows 1-sie, 2-sie at at time. I think he used 400 series as well. They are beautiful. Even more so are the beautiful french doors of theirs he put in. A BITCH to hang.. but once adjusted they are just gorgeous. We've contemplated finding an excuse to blow out the back of the house and use those doors on our house as well.

What's van-load option? Like cash and carry?

Add 10%. Lol. I did that with my flooring and 6 years later I still have 2 cartons in the basement unopened despite using extra to make my own stair treads and flooring 2 more rooms than I intended! I'm so OCD that I would sift through a pile of cutoffs to find that perfect piece to fill out the row. Yes, I'm that guy. But we knew that, right?
    10% is the ratio I used, and I think I still may be short. That being said, the type I used is not as waste friendly. Vinyl clapboard type, there could almost be no scraps, as you can make any peice go anywhere you want. Iím not a huge fan of vinyl clapboards.

Anderson French doors are awesome, if you can swing the cost. I want to say all in, it was $4k for the door and screens. Worth it though, itís amazing how much fresh air you get when both doors are open

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Yeah. He's got one set up to an open deck with a screen that is mostly just for air and then a 2nd next to it that is for entry/exit to a covered deck that is all screened in with its own screen door. It's very, very nice. Lately his attitude is "it's only money".

Good to know re: the van load. I'll keep that term in mind.

0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123