Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BAWAHAHAHAH - Edwards: Chewed Up, Spit OUT.

Yup, agreed.

Cheney owned him.

I wish I could do real time fact checking cos I don't think Cheney was entirely honest, but in a debate format, it doesn't even matter, cos you can lie and make your oponent look like a fool if he can't refute you... man, Edwards is NOT a debater.

Let me clarify that: Edwards sucked monkey balls, how the hell did that man EVER get a verdict!@

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Yup, he is.

NO doubt about it, Cheney has what it takes. Too bad BUSH doesn't...

Why can't Bush just kick off so Cheney can be president. He'd be better than just about the whole presidential field.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Chris(hohum),

You have seen the light!!!! Cheney really deserves to be President. He is the reason why I'm voting for Bush.

We agree!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

LRRS#167

I Dance With Will

over it was a draw!

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Kham
    over it was a draw!
    Heh, no way... I'm on yer side man, but Edwards stunk up the house. He really can't debate, great at speaches, but piss poor at using strategy to debate.

Don't worry, Kerry will still walk all over Bush on Friday

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by hohum
    Heh, no way... I'm on yer side man, but Edwards stunk up the house. He really can't debate, great at speaches, but piss poor at using strategy to debate.

that's ok but im not the only one saying.

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Kham
    that's ok but im not the only one saying.
    Yeah, but the spin machine is in full force

Littering and........

I dont know, I was listening to the debate on AM radio (on the way home from picking up my new track bike I bought from TheIglu ), and they were saying that Cheney made two HUGE misrepresentations, as they were fact-checking the whole debate - Cheney said that he had never said there was a link between Iraq and 9/11, and that he had never met Edwards before the night of the debate, which were both proved IMMEDIATELY to be a bunch of crap.

Sure, Edwards had a lousy attendance record - but so does any candidate running for President/Veep, it comes with the territory, and all of those douchbag career politicians know that. The campaign trail takes up a lot of time.

At the very least, I was glad to see this debate have a little action , instead of the Presidential debate, which I thought came across like a fight between two gay lovers.

FYI - On CNN this morning, they were saying that responses from folks online (AOL poll) had Edwards as the winner, while another poll of registered voters (I forget who ran the poll) had Cheney as the winner.

Originally posted by hohum
    Yup, agreed.

Cheney owned him.

I wish I could do real time fact checking cos I don't think Cheney was entirely honest, but in a debate format, it doesn't even matter, cos you can lie and make your oponent look like a fool if he can't refute you... man, Edwards is NOT a debater.

Let me clarify that: Edwards sucked monkey balls, how the hell did that man EVER get a verdict!@
    lol I think this is a record..twice in a row I agree w/hohum..

Edwards looked like a trial lawyer....Cheney looked like the judge..end of story..

That being said I don't thiink Edwards was awful...I just think he was out of his league....Cheney was very good last night..

hohum you have a good point about the truth...lol...from now until the election the truth just does not matter...unfortunately what matters is what each campaign can get the people to beleive..

While Cheney may not have been entirely honest...Edwards was not either...but Cheney was the more credible debater last night..

What he said about Kerry and Edwars regarding the war/H. Dean and their records were very hard punches landed while Edwards pulled a W....kept repeating his talking points...

On the flip side though....this may confirm people wacko theories that Cheney is the real president.....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    one word for Edwards: overkill....he comes across as fake (the exaggerated smiles and hand motions), and it's really hard to put spin on kerry's flip flopping, and edwards stuttering with a smile, OMG, the quintessential shady lawyer aura...

cheney is a wall, if Bush debated like cheney, it would be over...
    LMAO...the best was teh First camera shot of Edwards...when he smilied big I was half expecting a glimmer to shine off his teeth like a...blling..lol..like on a mentos commercial...

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Originally posted by bigred875
    LMAO...the best was teh First camera shot of Edwards...when he smilied big I was half expecting a glimmer to shine off his teeth like a...blling..lol..like on a mentos commercial...
    LOL! I thought the exact same thing!

Originally posted by highsider
    I dont know, I was listening to the debate on AM radio (on the way home from picking up my new track bike I bought from TheIglu ), and they were saying that Cheney made two HUGE misrepresentations, as they were fact-checking the whole debate - Cheney said that he had never said there was a link between Iraq and 9/11, and that he had never met Edwards before the night of the debate, which were both proved IMMEDIATELY to be a bunch of crap.

Sure, Edwards had a lousy attendance record - but so does any candidate running for President/Veep, it comes with the territory, and all of those douchbag career politicians know that. The campaign trail takes up a lot of time.

At the very least, I was glad to see this debate have a little action , instead of the Presidential debate, which I thought came across like a fight between two gay lovers.

FYI - On CNN this morning, they were saying that responses from folks online (AOL poll) had Edwards as the winner, while another poll of registered voters (I forget who ran the poll) had Cheney as the winner.
    You knwo what realy burns me is when people twist what this administration says...no one single tmie has anyone from teh Bush administration said that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11...Cheney said that again last night...it is like English is a second language to some people...

They have stated that there is..which Cheney explained last night....that while there is no proof that Saddam and 9/11 there is a like between Saddam and Al-Qaida... I really dont understand why this concept is so hard for some people to grasp....it shows they work for the same company...terrorism...

And while Cheney may have met Edwards before...it was at a grayer breakfast..not on the senate floor..so it was wise for Edwards to steer clear of that comment..lol He would have gotten a ..."....I was refereing to the Senate Floor Mr. Edwards..."kind of remarks..lol

Lifer

Simple. They don't WANT to.

The real problem is the liberal influence that has gone unchecked for so long. This election should not even be close, it should, unequivocally be Bush. THIS is what's really scary...
    You are so delusional. The country is very divided. It should only be unequivcoally for Bush on your planet. (Mars? Is that where you're from? God of War and all that...)

Just cause Cheney didn't look like a bozo doesn't mean he won. He did fine but it was a tie. Edwards was very convincing as well.

Don't let your double biases of hating democrats & hating lawyers get in the way of being objective.

Besides... most of the Republicans are lawyers too.

Ben

Lifer

Hopefully they won't talk about foreign policy any more... it is very clear what position both sides are taking.

Bush/Cheney: For preemptive war against any country without accountable proof if they think they can "scare" the american people into supporting it.

Kerry/Edwards: Seem to say they will attack if necessary, hard to say if they will. In any case it seem obvious they wouldn't attack a nation without much more clear evidence.

Didn't you see Cheney's appeal to FEAR in his closing argument? It is all about scaring the population.

I Dance With Will

I love the way you and your faction cries "proof" all the time. I'm not even going to spend the time typing out argument, but it's people like you that think so linear, so focused down a singular path, that you have extreme difficulty comprehending anything other than mathematical "proof".... Can you even possibly comprehend the point that "proof" can be made not to exist?
    ah Squid? what are you saying? we dont need to proof anything?

"fuckit!"

Think of it this way, how much "proof" do you need to arrest a man standing beside a body with a gun in hand, and blood splatter on his clothes?
    Except, the question should more aptly be, how much "proof" do you need to arrest a man who was on national television at the time of the murder, who's fingerprints weren't on the murder weapon, where you have pretty strong evidence someone else committed the murder, but he happens to kinda sorta be a friend of a friend of the guy who's prints ARE on the weapon.

Lifer

I was mostly trying to stir the pot..

However... I do really believe you guys have been convinced that you need to be much more fearful than you should.

You will just never convince me that Iraq was a threat worth starting one of the only large premptive invasions in US history.

I suppose you were cowering in fear of the mighty Iraqi army and how it was going to roll into downtown boston.

Not me.

But anyway, if you are fearful, your choice is clear. I suspect Bush will launch another premptive war against at least 50% of the US populations wishes (and of course any allies that have enough economic stability to not be bought out) if he wins again. Just a question of who he decides to invade.

If you want to vote for someone who will be fast and loose with the US Military, vote for Bush. If not, Vote for Kerry. That is about all there is to the foreign policy differences.

So I've heard enough and all I was saying is time to hear them debate about domestic issues that are more interesting.

There is no dark reality that Iraq, terrorists, etc... are going to be able make a substantial attack on the US if we don't invade country's left and right. I firmly believe we can prevent further large attacks through other methods besides premptive invasions of states. We just invade a country and the country gets FUCKED and the terrorists just laugh and regroup somewhere else.

Ben

I Dance With Will

he's good isn't he?

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

now now. dont mix politics with speed and riding style. Bush doesn't even ride bike.

now go read this and let's hear your opinion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6160550/site/newsweek/

"Bush makes decisions by instinct, then he sticks with them. It's what makes him a good politician and a poor chief executive at the same time" by Jonathan Alter.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

still no lies? "but it's the same intel we looked at" no shit but who made the decision to invade. both sides should just drop the "flip flop" talk. because "if what we know now we would still invade iraq". ok you got the power. by all means keep invading. jeez.

"fuckit!"

"if what we know now we would still invade iraq".

you know...that statement is loaded...and just plain crap...

The coulda shoulda woulda game never works...it is meaningless...

it is an impossible scenario...

The debates are Moot.Bush will WIN and arguing with the Liberals just gets my blood pressure up.

In God We Trust, All Others We Monitor
    USCG Boarder Patrol, SAR,DTF,MSO

Littering and........

Originally posted by bigred875
    You knwo what realy burns me is when people twist what this administration says...no one single tmie has anyone from teh Bush administration said that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11...Cheney said that again last night...it is like English is a second language to some people...

They have stated that there is..which Cheney explained last night....that while there is no proof that Saddam and 9/11 there is a like between Saddam and Al-Qaida... I really dont understand why this concept is so hard for some people to grasp....it shows they work for the same company...terrorism...

And while Cheney may have met Edwards before...it was at a grayer breakfast..not on the senate floor..so it was wise for Edwards to steer clear of that comment..lol He would have gotten a ..."....I was refereing to the Senate Floor Mr. Edwards..."kind of remarks..lol
    LOL....I can tell you were typing really fast when you wrote this, lots of emotion

English isn't my second language, and I wasn't trying to paint an irritating and untrue picture of Cheney, I was simply repeating what I heard on the radio. I think what you are saying has merit, but I think it works both ways - I think that comment could easily be said to start a chain of blame for 9/11 that ends at Saddam Hussein, as a justification for a war.

In regards to the comment about having met each other before, I have to (respectfully) disagree with you. I think it was a bit of mudslinging (which both candidates did lots of, to my delight) that went awry...they HAD met before, so it was regardless of what was "meant".

And since this is a political thread, I want to ask a question of everyone reading this - How the FUCK can we wage a war on a VERB??? (i.e., terrorism). Its a stupid concept. Its not a war, and I just wish it wasn't treated like on. The Al-Qaeda (however the fuck you spell it) people, IMO, should be hunted down and killed by the CIA, using assassins. Not troops in foreign countries - there are WAY too many countries with crappy leaders that need our "liberation", that didn't piss in the elder Bush's Cheerios a decade ago.

Sorry I stop now

Littering and........

Originally posted by WildBill
    The debates are Moot.Bush will WIN and arguing with the Liberals just gets my blood pressure up.
    My, what a terribly un-democratic thing to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast