Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

BOSE?

Re: BOSE?

Hey Kitt, I just went through all the research of a surround sound to replace my 15yr old system that i sold a couple years ago. I ended up spending around $1500 and I have a kick ass noise maker in my living room. I went with an onkyo 808 receiver, polk monitor 70's (bi-amped), a cs 20 center, and a psw505 sub all through amazon. I had some monitor 30's kicking around that i used for my surrounds. I am overall very happy with this setup. It is very loud and clear at full volume (the only way i listen to music after a few beers)
    Check out monoprice.com for speaker wire and in wall speakers.
    Check out avsforum.com for alot of info

0 Not allowed!

just looked on amazon and it looks like the deals i got on the fronts and sub are gone. they were sold through jr.com and are currently sold out. I just bought all this stuff 3 weeks ago.
    if you are ever in this neck of the woods you are welcome to check it out. My dad has a bose system you can compair if you want. He has a very powerful yamaha receiver running a top price bose surround. He spent more than double for his system and he is happy with it. He wanted the small speakers.. I wanted the big sound

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    FWIW I was told by an IT guy at an IDC a few years back that a test was performed with CAT 5 data wire versus monster cable. The CAT 5 beat the monster cable. Ever since I've been using CAT 6 to feed all my speakers.
    i used CAT5 to hook up a surround sound system in the owner's office. came out really good & materials barely cost us anything.

0 Not allowed!
    EX 105 : AMA, ASRA, CCS South East, and WERA
    2014 ASRA SuperStock National Champion - Amateur Division
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: All Balls Racing, Galfer, K&N, Motul, Sidi Boots, Vortex, Woodcraft, Yoshimura R&D

Quote Originally Posted by improvedfd View Post
    just looked on amazon and it looks like the deals i got on the fronts and sub are gone. they were sold through jr.com and are currently sold out. I just bought all this stuff 3 weeks ago.
    if you are ever in this neck of the woods you are welcome to check it out. My dad has a bose system you can compair if you want. He has a very powerful yamaha receiver running a top price bose surround. He spent more than double for his system and he is happy with it. He wanted the small speakers.. I wanted the big sound
    thx dude... I did buy cable from monoprice already, since im dropping th speaker wire in the ceilings from above (now). I will let you know next time im down your way, it may be before I buy, it may not. I can definitiely tell some of the top end stuff at best buy sounds great (relatively) to me... but until I compare to Energy, I think I will always wonder how they sound... Some place in chicopee sells them.

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

I got a new receiver as a gift last year but am using two pair of speakers that are probably closer to twenty years old and just ASSUME that there must be better options now, nevermind smaller.

Or, since the speakers I have aren稚 like blown or anything, does it all come down to what the stereo can put out? Cuz I have the bass maxed out and I知 not like blown away.

Anyone buy a pair of speakers lately that are the tits?

Otherwise I値l just go by the brand names I remember from 15 years ago and probably end up with an average product.BOSE?-b8e21aed-12ff-49eb-8254-db0e69a1e85a

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    1 vote for Polk
    My dad liked Polk. I may just go that route just because.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I got a new receiver as a gift last year but am using two pair of speakers that are probably closer to twenty years old and just ASSUME that there must be better options now, nevermind smaller.

Or, since the speakers I have aren稚 like blown or anything, does it all come down to what the stereo can put out? Cuz I have the bass maxed out and I知 not like blown away.

Anyone buy a pair of speakers lately that are the tits?

Otherwise I値l just go by the brand names I remember from 15 years ago and probably end up with an average product.BOSE?-b8e21aed-12ff-49eb-8254-db0e69a1e85a
    I知 sure can find some newer compact speakers that will blow you away, go and put your ears on them. Before I left Maine our home system was a CS800 amp and a 12 channel board that fed 2 18 subs and a pair of 15 mids with horns. It was fucking devastating and ridiculous overkill. We ran all types of media through it from iPhones to vinyl. These days I run the whole house on a Marshall Woburn and a smaller Marshall Stanmore. I think the bang for the buck is amazing.

1 Not allowed!

Lifer

Meh.

Just chatted with a crutchfield rep, think I know what to look for.

On a semi related note...

... anyone have an operational 900+ watt rms mono car amp you wanna sell?

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Cancel that. What are powered speakers?

- - - Updated - - -

@loudbeard can you imagine being one of these customer service chat reps when I log in?!? Phew!

0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234