Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Boy am I tring today SURVEY anyone

Question Boy am I tring today SURVEY anyone

I need a survey of my yard done in order to start an addition. It might be harder then I think, so here goes.

700 square feet, 4 straight sides, surrouned by 3 yards/houses. Third lot in from a corner surrounded by 6' fences

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Surveying your boundaries is more complicated than measurement, remember your boundary markers are also someone elses.

You start by researching your deed and abutting property owner deeds back to when the parcel was created. you need to do this to determine the proper points to begin from. then you have to physicly locate on the ground any existing mounmentation. Descrepancies must then be analized to determine where your boundaries are.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

If you're applying for a building permit, you don't need to have the property surveyed Yes, you need to know about how far off the propertly line the new addition will be, but they also use the +/- system here and it shouldn't be to hard to figure out about where your lines are.

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

I don't need a survey, but I do need a site plan, and seeing that the house only sits 8' from one side, I need a variance. I just figured that a survey would be a good bet, caus ethe is this fence my niehbor put up that I would like to tear down

Littering and........

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    I don't need a survey, but I do need a site plan, and seeing that the house only sits 8' from one side, I need a variance. I just figured that a survey would be a good bet, caus ethe is this fence my niehbor put up that I would like to tear down
    In VT, there would be a site plan at the town clerk's office already done from the original subdivision. Maybe its the same down there?

Originally posted by highsider
    In VT, there would be a site plan at the town clerk's office already done from the original subdivision. Maybe its the same down there?
    you think so. I only have a couple years experience in VT before I moved to NH but I know better than makinga statement like that

RandyO
    IBA#9560

And just how do you put your boundaries on the site plan without a survey?

You want to tear down a fence your neighbor put up.... now it's beginning to sound like a dispute.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I think you need a surveyor licensed/certified/registered in RI

RandyO
    IBA#9560

At least in Belmont, NH if you needa variance, you need a surey to get the exact measurements for your variance.

In VT, there would be a site plan at the town clerk's office already done from the original subdivision. Maybe its the same down there

Nope only keep one year after new construct

And just how do you put your boundaries on the site plan without a survey?

Easy I know they are straight lines, and I know what the square footage is

You want to tear down a fence your neighbor put up.... now it's beginning to sound like a dispute.

Not really a dispute, it was the original fence 40 some odd yrs old, that he stressed was mine, so I took it down to put up a real fence and didn't replace, the one day he was putting a new one up

Nope only keep one year after new construct

Easy I know they are straight lines, and I know what the square footage is

Not really a dispute, it was the original fence 40 some odd yrs old, that he stressed was mine, so I took it down to put up a real fence and didn't replace, the one day he was putting a new one up

1. Vermont records in the town clerk's office.... not the norm. In Rhode Island and all the other New England states, deeds, plats etc. are recorded at the COUNTY registry of deeds. records are not discarded.

2. Did you read my first post ? what points do the lines go between. Surveying property lines is serious business, your boundaries are also someone elses, their land is likely their most valuable asset

3. I've heard that before.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Originally posted by RandyO
    1. Vermont records in the town clerk's office.... not the norm. In Rhode Island and all the other New England states, deeds, plats etc. are recorded at the COUNTY registry of deeds. records are not discarded.

2. Did you read my first post ? what points do the lines go between. Surveying property lines is serious business, your boundaries are also someone elses, their land is likely their most valuable asset

3. I've heard that before.

1. Rhode Island only keeps site plans for 1 year, everything else I have, just need a site plan...

2. There are no point as far as I can tell, except for the edge of the foundation, the plats were all completely leveled, and the only trees that are on my side of the street are planted after the first families moved in, and after the fisrt fences went up

3. No seriously, it's not a dispute. I took it down because it was rotted from the ground up, I had plans to replace it , then one of the kids down the street fell off the exact same type of fence, and having kids and all I decided it was unsafe. Now he comes out to yell at my son when his friends climb on it Oh and he didn't use the existing holes, he moved em closer to my house, but that's why I want a survey

Site plans at the local planning or building inspectors office might only be kept for a year..... thatis not what you are looking for. Highsiders term "site plan" is wrong lingo, Any plats that have any meaning will be recorded.... you should be looking for either boundary plats of yours or your neighbors property or a subdivision plat of the neighborhood, quite possibly there are no drawings recorded, Deeds are the instrument of transfer anyway. Beleive me, they do not discard them. they are recorded forever or until a halocost destroys your COUNTY registry of deeds.

You need a new "site" plan showing what YOU are proposing, If therequirement is that you need to show things in relation to a boundary, then you will need a "boundary survey" by a licensed surveyor. I don't know if the definition of"variance" is he same in RI as it is here in NH.... it is a real big deal, you are asking permission to break the law. While I do attend ZBA hearings on behalf of clients, I also recommend that they get a lawyer too. Proceedure is very important, especially is you go to appeal.

the more you tell me, the more I smell boundary dispute too, maybe not.......

Just remember, LAND is usually the most valuable possesion peeps have, how much does some body flip out when the get a meassly $10k motorcycle scratched.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Thanks for the info Randy, cbrf41999, and you too highsider. I'm going to get a survey by a licensed surveyer. Wish me the best on the variance too, that might be easier due to other homes in the area getting their variances approved, but I could be the exception