Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bush Lovers.... Serious Question for you.

Littering and........

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    Are you serious? You accuse me of being delusional, but take a look at the social environment from let's say the 1920's to now?

No great swing in liberalism?

are you simply insane?
    I f I am not mistaken, I think there are two very different types of liberalism that you guys are talking about - i.e., being a liberal when talking about politics does not make you someone who advocates the social theory of liberalism.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Surprise...I must agree with mstree.

Liberalism is a recent phenomena that DOES include the feminization of men. It's all about how one 'feels' and logic and common sense are supposed to be a thing of the past. I blame Oprah and all of the other talk-show fukkers for spreading this virus as quickly as it has spread over the past 10-20 years.

Sorry, I was supposed to be all done with this thread but it just keeps on going...

LRRS#167

Littering and........

Originally posted by lrrs167
    Surprise...I must agree with mstree.

Liberalism is a recent phenomena that DOES include the feminization of men. It's all about how one 'feels' and logic and common sense are supposed to be a thing of the past. I blame Oprah and all of the other talk-show fukkers for spreading this virus as quickly as it has spread over the past 10-20 years.

Sorry, I was supposed to be all done with this thread but it just keeps on going...
    Dictionary definition of liberalism -

3 entries found for liberalism.
    lib·er·al·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr--lzm, lbr-)
    n.
    The state or quality of being liberal.

A political theory founded on the natural goodness of humans and the autonomy of the individual and favoring civil and political liberties, government by law with the consent of the governed, and protection from arbitrary authority.
    often Liberalism The tenets or policies of a Liberal party.
    An economic theory in favor of laissez-faire, the free market, and the gold standard.
    Liberalism
    A 19th-century Protestant movement that favored free intellectual inquiry, stressed the ethical and humanitarian content of Christianity, and de-emphasized dogmatic theology.
    A 19th-century Roman Catholic movement that favored political democracy and ecclesiastical reform but was theologically orthodox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying hard not to be a smart ass........

So, from the definition presented by highsider, modern day Democrats have no business calling themselves liberal, nor should the rest of us. That is if we adhere to the strict definition.

No highsider, you're not being a smartass at all. Very diplomatic, that's why I will push for your appointment to Secretary of State under the mstree administration.

LRRS#167

Littering and........

Originally posted by lrrs167
    So, from the definition presented by highsider, modern day Democrats have no business calling themselves liberal, nor should the rest of us. That is if we adhere to the strict definition.

No highsider, you're not being a smartass at all. Very diplomatic, that's why I will push for your appointment to Secretary of State under the mstree administration.
    Thats my point - the term liberal, as used in politics, is a misnomer. Its also why we cant blame the decay of common sense in our society on the "liberals".

I gladly accept the nomination, Mr. Veep.

Littering and........

It's a "POLITCAL THEORY"!!!!
    LOL - yes, I understand that. But it is a political theory that is very far removed from what we know today to be "liberal" - this is why its a misnomer.

Heres what I think happened - the term "liberal" somehow got attached to the term "Democrat" at the Democratic party's inception. As the party evolved, the TERM liberal stuck, but the IDEA didn't.

Read the definition again. Those ideas have nothing to do with the erosion of common sense and the "pussification" of our country.

So, would you say you advocate a policy of Americanism with it's sleeves rolled?

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Lifer

Are you serious? You accuse me of being delusional, but take a look at the social environment from let's say the 1920's to now?

No great swing in liberalism?

are you simply insane?
    Sorry.. thinking a different time period. In 1920 I'm not sure I believe liberal and conservative even meant the same thing. Go all the way back to 1920 and it's the same thing I mentioned. The world was just too different.

I mean maybe the last 5-10 years. Explain to me how things have gotten wildly more liberal and yet we have a republican president.

Lifer

You know ben, here's a great example of your perspect on things:

Remember how you pissed and moaned about how I/we could have been whacked by cars at that intersection where I got in front of the minivan?

For whatever reason, you failed to observe there was a clear line of sight, in BOTH directions.

That's a great manifestation of how your perspective, has been repeatedly warped.
    No that was you just riding with your head up your ass.

You want to lane split alone, I say go for it. You want to go around a single car at a light when you have 3 guys following you, go fuck yourself. You pass the cage like an asshole and I get stuck next to the driver's side window.

So it is a conservative thing to just break the law flagrantly too?

Lifer

Hey alright... you want to be nasty, I didn't bring it up.

I enjoy hanging out with you. However I am done riding with you. The last 2 rides I went that you led, I dropped out, not due to the ride being "too fast", but because the ride was disorganized and dangerous.

Your pace is NOT fast. You just ride like friggin moron. Why do you think I got pissed off? There was no fast cornering on the ride, making me bored out of my mind, and yet everytime there is a cage, pedestrian, or whatever around on a straight, or a stoplight, or whatever, you will pull some agressive bonehead move trying to get ahead in traffic by .1 seconds, knowing full well that it makes everyone following you look like an ass trying to catch back up.

I should have known the first time I went riding with you. Tip toe through the corners and then do 75mph through downtown lowell.

You're the one who belongs on a track. If you can't figure out to find DESERTED twisties and wick it up there, then you should stick to the track. Busy highways, town centers, and residential neighborhoods are not the place to show off your bitchin superbike. It is like you are trying to get the maximum risk out of the slowest pace you can.

It is just so strange, you ride like an 18 year old, and as far as I can tell you are well into your 30s.

Read the freakin sticky post that has been on this site since it was created. There are lots of tips for ride leaders that you should try and learn.

Ben

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

If I could vote...I'd choosed Bush. Because Kerry is ugly as a monkey...I don't know...there is "something" when I look at that guy's face that I don't like.

Anyway, most politicians looks like hypocrits to me, so that never help.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Littering and........

Originally posted by Matt K
    So, would you say you advocate a policy of Americanism with it's sleeves rolled?
    I'm not 100% sure of how you would define "Americanism", so I'll do my best to answer your question..

I'm all for America being proactive and seeking out scumbag terrorists before they have a chance to attack us. I just dont think that Iraq was the right place to start that pro-activity (if thats even a word), becuase we still hadn't/haven't caught Osama.

We ought to start a new thread, we have violated this one like a $2 hooker.

I Dance With Will

alright! i have to break this up. shutup! just shutup! everyone.

Ben, calm down. appearently you'r not into high speed and passing. there were plenty of high speed corner but not much low speed corner. the whole ride was ok.

Squid, are you calm?

im done!

"fuckit!"

highsider, I was just being a jackass with that one

the simplest definition of "americanism" is

" loyalty to the USA and its institutions "

however, Joseph Mccarthy described McCarthiesm as "Americanism with it's sleeves rolled"

I was just trying to trick joe into admitting he's a mccarthy-ite.

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123