Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

where do we buy Refrigerators from?

where do we buy Refrigerators from?

I just realized I have only bought 1 Refrigerator in my entire lifetime and it was from sears outlet since it was for our basement.
    Our kitchen one is starting to act up and I want to replace it before it completely gives up on us.
    Where are the good deals? Do most places include delivery and hauling away the old one?
    Brands? I was a huge Kenmore and Samsung fan for appliances in the past. When we remodeled the kitchen we went mainly with Frigidaire and they are ok appliances. nothing spectacular about them but I also havent had any problems with them.

0 Not allowed!

Re: where do we buy Refrigerators from?

Beware big box stores. Apparently they take orders but don't actually purchase them from the manufacturer / distributor until they reach a certain number of orders. We were strung along by Lowes for 6 weeks before we learned what was going on.

0 Not allowed!

i bought my amana fridge, kenmore duet washer & dryer and ge stove from stan & paul's in dartmouth back between 2009...i just had to replace the condensate pan in the back of the fridge just a few weeks ago cause it was cracked and leaking water on the floor...the fridge is a bottom drawer freezer with an ice maker...no ice or water on the door so there are no filters to replace...i am finding stuff in my ice from time to time now though so it may be time to replace or flush the water hose or maybe just pull the ice maker out and clean it...other than that i haven't had any issues with the rest of the appliances

Appliances in Dartmouth, New Bedford and Fairhaven MA | Stan and Pauls

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 07-11-19 at 01:26 PM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Contrary to popular recommendation: Home Depot. Ordered on Monday, showed up within a week and in place. Their warranty covers the machine for longer than it needs to and covers $300 in food loss. I'm not a warranty person, but I bit on this one for $100. Short money for piece of mind.

Oh wait, the unit came in with a dent? Give HD customer service a call and there's $100 back. They forgot to deliver the ice machine connections? $50 back. Machine is DOA? Call customer service. Home Depot appliance is everything Kenmore promised and a bag of chips.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    Beware big box stores. Apparently they take orders but don't actually purchase them from the manufacturer / distributor until they reach a certain number of orders. We were strung along by Lowes for 6 weeks before we learned what was going on.
    Hmmmm...we've had great luck with Lowe's. Fridge, oven/range, dishwasher, washer & dryer (all ordered at separate times). Great prices, decent incentives, they take the old units and bring in the new ones. We've never waited more than a few days for delivery, but we order in person (not online).

The only thing we've run into with them is even though they tell us it will be delivered with everything we need, NOTHING ever has. We end up having to make the 60 mile round trip back to Lowe's to get the proper installation necessities. We bitch enough that we've yet to be charged for any of that. But it's a pain in the ass when the delivery guys go to install the new stuff and the proper installation kits aren't there.

Again though, we've never had to wait more than a few days for delivery.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

a few years back, when I remodeled my home, I replaced all my appliances got soem at Sears, some at a local mom & pop appliance store, and my washing machine at Lowes, without going into my kitchen and looking, my stove is a Kenmore, dishwasher is a Maytag, and refrigerator is a Frigidaire, and I think the washing machine is a Whirlpool, I'm not loyal to any one brand, everything came down to price, the stove was a scratch & dent, but all on the hidden sides of the appliance

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

In Worcester the best store is Better Electric on Grafton St. They support local youth sports and they deliver and remove the old one and have good prices.

1 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Hmmmm...we've had great luck with Lowe's.
    It's all about timing with them (and this is from the Lowe's guy who said "don't quote me")...if you place your order when they are ready to place their order, there is no wait. If you happen to place an order just after they place theirs, you wait until they're ready to order again (as happened to us). But, they don't tell you this. We wound up buying ours (all kitchen appliances and washer dryer) from Yale Electric. Cost a little more but was delivered exactly when it was supposed to be, in 100% right condition.

0 Not allowed!

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

As a plumber I deal with appliance guys all the time...

from what I've seen Yale is probably the best in terms of service, but a little more money than the rest.

I got my last refrigerator and washer/dryer at Home of D Pot. delivery guys were good, appliances still work. I got them real stoned before they left too.

1 Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

https://www.arcaincutility.com/MA/Ma...RoCIFEQAvD_BwE

usually companies charge you for the haul away. just check! if not i'd go the rebate way where they pay you for the refrigerator

0 Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Lowes - holdiay sale plus another 5% off or something like that for opening a store credit card.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by db79 View Post
    Lowes - holdiay sale plus another 5% off or something like that for opening a store credit card.
    5% off anytime you use your Lowe's card and 6-12 months (depending on cost) interest free if paid off within the advertised time frame.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    As a plumber I deal with appliance guys all the time...

from what I've seen Yale is probably the best in terms of service, but a little more money than the rest.

I got my last refrigerator and washer/dryer at Home of D Pot. delivery guys were good, appliances still work. I got them real stoned before they left too.
    We buy from Yale, always get great service, delivery, etc. Their appliance buying guide shows service figures, number of service calls per units sold. My wife likes (to say the least) to do the shopping and comparing, then orders by phone.

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/free-...e-buying-guide

0 Not allowed!
    Don't believe everything you think.

i've bought some appliances at the scratch & dent place in braintree. usually the mark is behind the appliance facing the wall, so you wouldnt even know it's a discounted item.

0 Not allowed!
    EX 105 : AMA, ASRA, CCS South East, and WERA
    2014 ASRA SuperStock National Champion - Amateur Division
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: All Balls Racing, Galfer, K&N, Motul, Sidi Boots, Vortex, Woodcraft, Yoshimura R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    It's all about timing with them (and this is from the Lowe's guy who said "don't quote me")...if you place your order when they are ready to place their order, there is no wait. If you happen to place an order just after they place theirs, you wait until they're ready to order again (as happened to us). But, they don't tell you this. We wound up buying ours (all kitchen appliances and washer dryer) from Yale Electric. Cost a little more but was delivered exactly when it was supposed to be, in 100% right condition.
    We must've totally lucked out then. Each item we ordered was in our house within days. Again, we didn't order these all at once. We're the type to replace only when needed. Now that we've replaced every major appliance, I should be quite a while before the need arises again. But we'll be sure to pay attention to that.

Unfortunately there's not a Yale even remotely close to us.

0 Not allowed!