Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Car lease is ending.. Choices?

Hypertarded

Re: Car lease is ending.. Choices?

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    There isn't a car made by VAG I would suggest anyone own long-term due to poor reliability and expensive parts/maintenance.
    That's why you only date VAG, never marry it...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Gti?! That’s gotta be perfected by now, no?
    Believe me, I'd love to own many of their products. GTI is one of them. But I still wouldn't want to own one outside of warranty, and I don't even have to pay myself to fix it. I admit to being out of touch with their products by 5 years or so at this point, but when I was working on BMW, Audi/VW, and Mercedes, the Audi/VW were simply the most difficult to fix in every way.

My wife's aunt and uncle bought a Q5 2.0T (I'm fairly sure it's the same engine as the GTI) and at 93k it is now burning oil at what I would consider to be an alarming rate, but Audi says up to 1L/1000km is acceptable.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by golden chicken; 03-24-21 at 06:40 PM.
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Believe me, I'd love to own many of their products. GTI is one of them. But I still wouldn't want to own one outside of warranty, and I don't even have to pay myself to fix it. I admit to being out of touch with their products by 5 years or so at this point, but when I was working on BMW, Audi/VW, and Mercedes, the Audi/VW were simply the most difficult to fix in every way.

My wife's aunt and uncle bought a Q5 2.0T (I'm fairly sure it's the same engine as the GTI) and at 93k it is now burning oil at what I would consider to be an alarming rate, but Audi says up to 1L/1000km is acceptable.
    Does benz make anything bulletproof? Rwd diesel?

Your park avenue leads to..

I'm looking for a truck, don't care too much about looks, or miles, or options, just needs to pass inspection

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Depends if by bulletproof you mean nothing but fluids, filters, tires, and brakes for 150k miles, then no. If by bulletproof you mean they all break in the same places and those places are generally easy to fix, then '09+ M272 (V6) and M273 (V8) C, GLK, E classes are solid. E550 is fun to drive, surprisingly quick.

The diesel OM642 in cars and SUVs had a common problem with the oil cooler gaskets leaking and its a PITA to fix, especially on the SUVs. I heard the sprinters didn't have a problem. We assumed that the cause was the turbo is in the valley and the cars and SUVs have a plastic cover that traps the heat and the sprinters do not have that cover.

I ran into some weird coolant system and vacuum system issues on the later diesels but got out before I saw enough to get a real feel for how solid they were overall.

Last edited by golden chicken; 03-24-21 at 08:03 PM.
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

My daughter's Caddy CTS4 (used to be my wife's, bought brand new in '06) burns a quart or two every 5000 miles. According to the manual that's acceptable. It's been a TOTAL pain in the ass for almost 200K miles now.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Just got rid of my 17 jetta gli and shockingly it was a rock star mechanically. but being in this business, i didn't trust that car one bit and had an extended warranty. and didn't even get to use it.

Just leased a new Accord Sport for my youngest son today. Leased pretty well and hopefully as problem free as a Honda should be...

open your checkbook and just send it

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    My daughter's Caddy CTS4 (used to be my wife's, bought brand new in '06) burns a quart or two every 5000 miles. According to the manual that's acceptable. It's been a TOTAL pain in the ass for almost 200K miles now.
    my '13 subaru legacy 2.5i with 185k miles burns a quart every 1,350 miles...can't wait for the 2022s to come out...then that thing is going to carmax to unload it...then it will be shopping for a 3 row suv...no more subarus for me

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

I had a 2011 E350 and a 2014 C300(both share the same drivetrain) and they were damn near bulletproof in terms of maintenance during the time I had them(each a bit over the 100k mile mark). No serious issues with either, just basic maintenance until the C300 was totalled by an oblivious driver and the E350 traded in for my current truck. I will say though, getting rear-ended in the C300 by the other SUV driver doing 40-50mph and the way the car held up, I'd buy another in a hearbeat. They're built like tanks

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I'm looking for a truck, don't care too much about looks, or miles, or options, just needs to pass inspection

Or you could always go for the old default NESR answer, UNIMOG.

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

For Q50 money, I would definitely go the Audi S4/S5 route

On Infinity...

I had a new QX60 for a rental a few weeks ago. They are "nice," but....what the hell with the interior? The infotainment system is laughable, they're passing off 15 year old technology in a new luxury vehicle. Same with the switchgear. Seats are comfortable but the leather is not high quality. They should genuinely be ashamed to roll that out every year considering what their competition is doing. Ride quality was great, powertrain was gutless.

I don't know why anyone would buy any Infinity with what else is available at the price point.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by strawdragon View Post
    My 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport lease is ending and I am not sure of what to get now. Do I go with 2021 Q50 RS again? The HD dual screen is nicer then the older, but not much else had changed. Plus I can get the car for about 9k off sticker.

I am not a fan of Tesla cars as I do enjoy long road trips and having the navigate by the fast Tesla chargers is not my thing. Not to mention the model 3 is on ugly POS as well as the poorly built fit of panels and finishing in most Tesla's.

Back to my question...

The other thing that is interesting is that if I lease again the money factor is nearly 5x higher then it was back in 2018 (at least with Infiniti IFS and the banks they are going with now).

I don't want to debate about the pros/cons of Lease vs Finance.
    So the new Q50 does in fact have CarPlay/Android Auto. Besides that, you're right, not much has changed. A few new colors but nothing crazy.

I can ask my guys if there are any lease deals that bring the price down... I'm the parts manager at an Infiniti Dealership, I'd be happy to hook you up on the sport exhaust if you end up going with the Q50.

As far as the wife goes, the new QX60 is coming this fall and it's stunning. Completely redone - digital dash, CVT is replaced by a 9 speed auto, ProPilot assist is standard. They're really making an effort to catch up to the competitors.

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

now retired LLRS AM #642

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    On Infinity...

I had a new QX60 for a rental a few weeks ago. They are "nice," but....what the hell with the interior? The infotainment system is laughable, they're passing off 15 year old technology in a new luxury vehicle. Same with the switchgear. Seats are comfortable but the leather is not high quality. They should genuinely be ashamed to roll that out every year considering what their competition is doing. Ride quality was great, powertrain was gutless.

I don't know why anyone would buy any Infinity with what else is available at the price point.
    The QX60 is (finally) changing... 8 years was way too long

now retired LLRS AM #642

you mean an expensive pathfinder.

I hated working their as I found that their cars were old and outdated. The new qx50 had promise, but i saw my old place blowing them out on lease deals.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    you mean an expensive pathfinder.

I hated working their as I found that their cars were old and outdated. The new qx50 had promise, but i saw my old place blowing them out on lease deals.
    You mean cheap QX60?

I enjoy working for Infiniti

now retired LLRS AM #642

I mean I'm all for sipping the corporate kool-aid of your workplace, but your kidding yourself in thinking the qx60 something way more grandiose than the pathfinder is based on. Which other than having a very roomy third row for a large midsize crossover and a rare as fuck option for a large glass roof, was about the only redeeming quality.

which at that point we are talking about the jx35 which was really good in 2013 when it came out. Which was renamed to Qx60 under the same idiot ceo the fucked cadalic with the stupid naming scheme.

Last edited by jhawley; 03-30-21 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    I mean I'm all for sipping the corporate kool-aid of your workplace, but your kidding yourself in thinking the qx60 something way more grandiose than the pathfinder is based on. Which other than having a very roomy third row for a large midsize crossover and a rare as fuck option for a large glass roof, was about the only redeeming quality.

which at that point we are talking about the jx35 which was really good in 2013 when it came out. Which was renamed to Qx60 under the same idiot ceo the fucked cadalic with the stupid naming scheme.
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience working for a dealer, different strokes for different folks.

The QX60 is obviously a dressed up Pathfinder, but is there something wrong with that? Audi does it, Lexus does it, Honda does it.

The Q branding destroyed the brand. So stupid.

now retired LLRS AM #642

Quote Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience working for a dealer, different strokes for different folks.

The QX60 is obviously a dressed up Pathfinder, but is there something wrong with that? Audi does it, Lexus does it, Honda does it.

Audi/Lexus and Acura, generally speaking have updated luxury in their class thats competitive. Even if they share technology with their sister brand it's technology that gets passed down to the brand.

Nissan on the other hand has dated technology that they pass up to Infinity and keep both unchanged for too long.

Other than saving money there are hardly any reason to pick Infinity over the competitor brands, in which case Hyundai/Genesis makes a good argument.

They were players a decade ago, but they certainly lost their edge.

I'm not a fan of newish Nissan products. That said Toyota has been selling the Tundra for how long now with a premium over other updated trucks...

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Audi/Lexus and Acura, generally speaking have updated luxury in their class thats competitive. Even if they share technology with their sister brand it's technology that gets passed down to the brand.

Nissan on the other hand has dated technology that they pass up to Infinity and keep both unchanged for too long.

Other than saving money there are hardly any reason to pick Infinity over the competitor brands, in which case Hyundai/Genesis makes a good argument.

They were players a decade ago, but they certainly lost their edge.
    Infiniti*

Genesis looks awesome, haven't really gotten hands on with any of their product yet but it sure does look nice.

Hopefully the new models re-ignite the spark, everything is dated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I'm not a fan of newish Nissan products. That said Toyota has been selling the Tundra for how long now with a premium over other updated trucks...
    I realized the other day that the current 4Runner was released in 2009 for model year 2010. Crazy

now retired LLRS AM #642

I wouldn't call it a bad dealer experience as i was at both Harte infinfiti dealers, and after 12 years im still in this industry I just never gelled with the cars, at the time 2017-18 i found that other than the new q50 and qx30 (stupid pos Benz) all of them were old.
    Q40 was the old G37/35
    the Q70 was the old M35-56 (the long wheelbase version was cool though)
    the QX60 was the old JX35
    The QX56 did beat the nissan armada in its release date, but at the money they were asking for that thing.... oof
    the qx70 was the fx37

And agreed fuck that Q stuff!!!

(i see your in warrick, are you at that massive dealer compound that has the lexus dealer)

Infiniti*

Genesis looks awesome, haven't really gotten hands on with any of their product yet but it sure does look nice.

Hopefully the new models re-ignite the spark, everything is dated.

- - - Updated - - -

I realized the other day that the current 4Runner was released in 2009 for model year 2010. Crazy
    lipstick on the pig, have you seen the money the loaded trd pros are pulling in. I'm fucking mind blown. like toyota could do so much better but they dont. Suvs are hot shit these days. but also with something that old that still sells well enough, they are printing money, as they have recouped their engineering and tooling money several times over.

I can see not dumping money and holding off with a new tundra, as toyota is no dummy and knows that no matter how good the new one is, its got a long way to go to be the best seller in the class

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast