Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Car lease is ending.. Choices?

Re: Car lease is ending.. Choices?

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Unless you have a business and can write the payments off, leasing is usually a luxury. Always paying more in taxes/registration/insurance etc.... for new stuff.

Especially if you're a buy and run it into the ground type.

I have 3 vehicles and they're less in total then what one new truck would be.
    From my experience with leasing, having leased a few cars now.. It is not a bad deal. I believe with the money factor, the interest is only $500 for 3 years of interest, and I rent the car for the depreciation value over the three years. With an option to buy it at the end.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post
    So the new Q50 does in fact have CarPlay/Android Auto. Besides that, you're right, not much has changed. A few new colors but nothing crazy.

I can ask my guys if there are any lease deals that bring the price down... I'm the parts manager at an Infiniti Dealership, I'd be happy to hook you up on the sport exhaust if you end up going with the Q50.

As far as the wife goes, the new QX60 is coming this fall and it's stunning. Completely redone - digital dash, CVT is replaced by a 9 speed auto, ProPilot assist is standard. They're really making an effort to catch up to the competitors.
    My local dealer already offered a 10k off MSRP with the options I wanted on a 2021 Q50 RS MSRP at 65k down to 55k if I lease it.
    The money factor has changed a lot (many folds higher) then it was back in 2018.

While I understand the CVT, I personally hate how CVT feels.. Such as driving the 2021 QX50 sucked IMHO.

The Q50/Q60 is a very old chassis and technology compared to competitors. The other thing they changed on the infotainment was to do HD, which looks better. But again its minor changes on old outdated tech. Which I am "okay" with to some extent.

Between a new car or just keeping my 2018 Q50 RS. I am on the fence. If I end up keeping my RS, I may take you up on the sport exhaust It should fit the 2018 model.

Funny as my local Infiniti dealer wont work with other dealerships over 500miles away for the sale for exactly what I want in color and features and instead would rather lose the sale.

- - - Updated - - -

I can always keep my current car and trade in my 2018 Street Triple RS for the Ducati Street Fighter S with the savings.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I'm looking for a truck, don't care too much about looks, or miles, or options, just needs to pass inspection
    What happened to the cheap Grand Cherokee you purchased?

“When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post
    Buy a Toyota

/thread
    I did! Bought a 2013 Prius V.

According to the user groups, other than excessive oil consumption, head gasket replacement, engine replacement, battery pack replacement, and ABS pump replacement - they’re great cars!

“When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    What happened to the cheap Grand Cherokee you purchased?
    rockers

I replaced that with a Silverado 3 years ago, now looking to replace the Silverado, cab is decent, but bed is getting thin, lifters getting noisy on start (but quiets within 30 seconds or so depending on temp) mileage is slipping too, but maybe cause I've been hauling firewood and it's been fully loaded a lot (14.1 last tank)

I used to prefer vans, but now that I am retiring, not out surveying everyday, no need, a pickup works better for me, I'd really like to find an extended cab (not crew cab) with long 8' bed, with 8'bed, I don't need to trailer my UTV, it will fit in bed

it has been costing me about $1k/yr or less for vehicle ownership, by buying 200k vehicles

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I did! Bought a 2013 Prius V.

According to the user groups, other than excessive oil consumption, head gasket replacement, engine replacement, battery pack replacement, and ABS pump replacement - they’re great cars!
    Forgot EGR coolers in the popular rant lists

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    rockers

I replaced that with a Silverado 3 years ago, now looking to replace the Silverado, cab is decent, but bed is getting thin, lifters getting noisy on start (but quiets within 30 seconds or so depending on temp) mileage is slipping too, but maybe cause I've been hauling firewood and it's been fully loaded a lot (14.1 last tank)

I used to prefer vans, but now that I am retiring, not out surveying everyday, no need, a pickup works better for me, I'd really like to find an extended cab (not crew cab) with long 8' bed, with 8'bed, I don't need to trailer my UTV, it will fit in bed

it has been costing me about $1k/yr or less for vehicle ownership, by buying 200k vehicles
    Have Mark introduce you to Scott and Vasilis if you don't already know them. They probably have a line on something you might be interested in or will come across one.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234