Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New car is missing a standard feature

Re: New car is missing a standard feature

there was something seriously messed up there. as most vin numbers to a car will come with it it being AWD or not.

I have had this situation happened here with a used IS250, Saleslady was clueless that it was not awd, customer buys the car and then gets stuck about a week later in a snow storm with it (as it was RWD), we took the car back because we are such good people.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    there was something seriously messed up there. as most vin numbers to a car will come with it it being AWD or not.

I have had this situation happened here with a used IS250, Saleslady was clueless that it was not awd, customer buys the car and then gets stuck about a week later in a snow storm with it (as it was RWD), we took the car back because we are such good people.
    I still don't understand how it all could have happened. It was a total shit show from start to finish. The dealer kept on insisting it was AWD. It wasn't. It was really fucked up...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

All the sales guys fault. As they are the ones that actually touch the car.

As the F&I guy is just pushing paperwork and knows zero about the car.

Your screwed

I always like parking out front with a giant lemon poster

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

you would think so, just like you would think that the VIN identifies if it meets Kalifornia emissions or not, but that is not the case, when my V-strom was brand new (3rd day I had it) a ladder fell on it crunching my fuel tank, dealer ordered me a new 49 state tank, guess what, it didn't fit, my V-strom is California emission and only identification is the emission sticker on the frame that many people peel off

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    you would think so, just like you would think that the VIN identifies if it meets Kalifornia emissions or not, but that is not the case, when my V-strom was brand new (3rd day I had it) a ladder fell on it crunching my fuel tank, dealer ordered me a new 49 state tank, guess what, it didn't fit, my V-strom is California emission and only identification is the emission sticker on the frame that many people peel off
    I knew a guy who used to keep a ladder in his truck!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Not sure about bikes, but I'm sticking with my prior statement of sales guy screwed the pooch

1. when he was going over the car with the customer, almost every awd suv has some sort of button or switch to activate the AWD system.
    Don't know this car in particular, but usually when you are going over the car, the awd button is a big one to show said customer.
    2. Most of these crossovers have enough room that when you are behind the car you can clearly see if the differential is not housed in the rear subframe. the ones missing this stand out (to me at least)
    3. Nobody noticed that that particular car was cheaper than another one on the lot. a 2wd version of an 4/awd car is usually about 1,00-3,000 cheaper.

Just spoke with the sales manager again, he's flummoxed as well. Every piece of VW literature he can find says it's standard equipment, but he checked another car in the lot and it's listed as an extra package (and expense) on the sticker. He's going to show the service manager the pictures I sent him and see if there's something they can do on their end, he's also going to reach out to VWoA.

How is this not false advertising?

Let me introduce you to VW. Clearly you two haven't met.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Online chat with VW confirms it was an early change to the 2017 run, nothing else came of the chat. Not that I would expect it to.

Then sent an email to VW describing the issue, what I've done about it so far, and what I would like to see happen before reaching out to consumer advocates.

I've also been looking into FTC regulations for advertising omissions that are likely to mislead a consumer. Saying that every 2017 SE has something when that's simply not true seems to fit the bill, IMHO.

Unfortunately, you're likely to get the line that actual production may vary. As has been mentioned, they are going to point to the window sticker and say it was all defined there.

I hope it works out better for you, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I willing to accept that end result if necessary when all is said and done. For now though, I still have a couple of resources on hand should their response be negative, or non-existent.

All these vw owners that took the buyout to buy new cars that they didn't even want.
    That right there people is the second best con of 2016. 1st being our cheeto tinged president.

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    Unfortunately, you're likely to get the line that actual production may vary. As has been mentioned, they are going to point to the window sticker and say it was all defined there.

I hope it works out better for you, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    Accepting false advertising from a company just caught lying about emissions would be throwing in the towel when you don't have to. Any excuses about production timelines or early or late runs is irrelevant. Dutch paid for a car that was advertised to have a feature that the car delivered to him doesn't. Factory logistics aren't the customer's problem. There was a bulletin on NPR just yesterday about how the DOJ is still taking VW to the cleaners; VW is *very* motivated to cooperate with *anyone* right now. No reason to accept the bad cards dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
    I willing to accept that end result if necessary when all is said and done. For now though, I still have a couple of resources on hand should their response be negative, or non-existent.
    Dutch, cut straight to the chase. I suggest you get a lawyer to send the dealer and VW north america a simple letter saying you will sue for false advertising, and that you will share this episode with the major car magazines around the country. I guarantee you they will make it right, and do it very very quickly. In 90% of cases, all it takes is a letter on the letterhead of a lawyer to show them you are serious and cannot be waved away. If you need the contact information for a good lawyer, PM me. I know one who has actually taken VW up on an issue many years ago and the owner got 6 free lease payments from VW as a "courtesy" while they were sorting out the issue with the dealer. Funny coincidence, the car in question back then was a GTI 337 edition.

Sad this is happening to you. The GTI is but one of a handful of great cars from an awful brand. Que our VW fanboi to launch a defense.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 01-13-17 at 07:56 AM.

Lifer

What would happen if the car came 'standard with a trunk lid supported by hydraulic struts', but arrived without any? That's not really something that would be itemized on the window sticker. It's not a safety feature or DOT requirement that might preclude it from getting an inspection. If it's a standard feature, what makes it required to be itemized on the window sticker?

I'm probably the least qualified person in the thread, so keep that in mind.

nedirtriders.com

Right, just because it is not on the window sticker doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. However if the normal lights are mentioned on the window sticker, that is a little trickier.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

All these vw owners that took the buyout to buy new cars that they didn't even want.
    That right there people is the second best con of 2016. 1st being our cheeto tinged president.
    Hey I'm taking the buyout to get a unicorn car I've always wanted...

CCS/LRRS #83

A diesel Rabbit, Scottie?

Yeah, I'd say those are fairly rare.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    A diesel Rabbit, Scottie?

Yeah, I'd say those are fairly rare.

I actually have a buddy about to sell one of those

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I actually have a buddy about to sell one of those
    what year and how much?

Beta 200RR

Maybe the Rabbit truck? Those were cool, except when they blew a head gasket, then they were hot.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    what year and how much?
    it's an '82 4 door. Milage is unknown but who cares. Has new head, head gasket, water pump, short shift kit, brakes, tires, glow plugs, exhaust from the block back, and struts. He said if he got $2500 he'd shit his pants. Car runs and drives like a champ now.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

I bought a Chevy Vega once. Guy said it got great gas mileage but the oil needs to be checked occasionally.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Maybe the Rabbit truck? Those were cool, except when they blew a head gasket, then they were hot.
    i lol'd

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I read most of the comments, it is possible that an option selected for this particular car could omit a standard option. Try VW's build website and start adding options and see if some option package removes the standard headlamps you expected your car to have.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast