Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

New car is missing a standard feature

World Trackday Champion xxaarraa's Avatar
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Re: New car is missing a standard feature

Quote Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
    Yeah, stock clutch is only good for stock power. Much more than that and it's only a matter of time. DSG is holding for 400+ hp but not so much for the manual guys.
    Glad you didn't take BS from VW, and glad to see you had the resolve to stand up and get what you deserved. Sorry I didn't get back to you in time on your PM about my lawyer.

Anything over stockish power levels and your problem becomes the inherent limitations of FWD more so than other components like a clutch. A FWD car that pushes 400 hp would mostly likely be pretty bad to drive on anything but the interstate. I haven't kept up with modern GTIs, do they now have a trick front diff like the European Ford RS's? Even then, fast FWD cars typically limit torque in lower gears anyway, neutering some of the power before it hits the pavement to begin with.

How's the new 6 speed? The last manual GTI I actually drove was a 2005 R32 and coming from the S2000/RSX 6 speed at the time, I found the VW box to be a little rubbery. Love the push down for reverse, it's one of the first quirky things I remember about VWs from back in the 80s when my dad had a diesel golf!

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 03-04-17 at 07:03 AM.
    All you need to know about NESR:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    Personally, I would just call up Shell and see which bike they have specified for Rotella.

iTrader Score

The performance pack on the MK7 GTI includes an extra 10 hp, bigger brakes from the Golf R, and an LSD that does it's job pretty damn well in my limited experience. Launching one can be tricky but from a roll with good tires you're in pretty good shape.

I have a JB4 from Burger Tuning waiting to go in which can adjust boost by gear and rpm. It also works as a meth controller if you get to that point. I also have a dogbone insert to help with low-speed wheelhop though that may be replaced with full mount replacements if it's not enough. Downpipe is sitting on the flooor next to my bed.

I like the six speed myself, but the throw is a bit long for my taste. I picked up a shift bracket for reduced throws and a weighted knob from Boomba. Reports from other users say it cleans up the shifting nicely. And yeah, the first time I had to reverse a VW I had to pull out my phone and google how to put it in reverse, never saw the push down bit before. I love it.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

My Mazda 3 with a 6 speed has the same push down to reverse setup. I thought all "over and up" reverse cars were like that.

1 Not allowed!
    Jeff

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    iTrader Score

why wouldnt they just replace the lights? isnt that far cheaper than replacing the whole car?

0 Not allowed!
    -Oxx
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)
    07 KTM 690SM
    03 KTM 300EXC

TRACKS:Firebird: east/west/main /NHMS: standard/ "tight 10"/VIR: north/south/full/grand east /Calaboogie /California Speedway: interior /NJMP: thunderbolt /MMC: south/full/66/north/counter north /NYST: uptown/downtown

iTrader Score

VW says it can't be done. I'm not going to argue.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    7 (100%)

right, because it's more than just plug 'n play ... adaptive Bi-Xenon (turn with the steering wheel) headlights with auto-leveling (love that little dance on startup), different grille, different DRLs, plus i don't know if some of the interior accent lights are different too. love all the subtle glows in the cabin. thin strips on doors, nice soft well light, etc.

i'm sure it could be done but would require ripping the whole car apart (harness) + new parts. easier for them to just replace the vehicle with the correct model.

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

iTrader Score

Jesus vw sucks dick.
    Like can they not fuck something up.

Awesome to hear that it's getting resolved though

0 Not allowed!
    '10 Honda VFR1200F also lives with a '08 Yamaha FZ6

iTrader Score

They figure if they short some guys on features it'll help pay back all their DieselGate money they had to fork over.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

iTrader Score

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

In my MkV there was a kit that replaced the plastic and rubber bushings on the shifter linkages with metal. Also replaced part of the linkage with a shorter throw. Was a while ago, but as I remember there were to parts; one for the front/back throw and one for the side-side play. I installed the front/back throw plate but not the side/side. Subtle but nice improvement.

I also scored a much heavier, all metal shift knob from the VW accessories catalog. Dimpled knob, like the old-school GTIs from back in the day. Loved it. Much more positive shifts, easier throw.

I read the dual-mass flywheel / clutch is a problem for too much power. Which is a shame because my MkV had the smoothest, easiest throw clutch I've ever driven. Loved it.

I've been driving my truck with the automagic transmission lately. Got behind the wheel of a Toyota with a manual last night. What a terrible clutch; no feel at all and stiff throw. Catch was vague and nearly impossible to shift quickly. Made me really appreciate how easy it was to drive the VW. Will always miss that car a little.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    right, because it's more than just plug 'n play ... adaptive Bi-Xenon (turn with the steering wheel) headlights with auto-leveling (love that little dance on startup)
    That is cool!

0 Not allowed!
    WR250R | TW200 | Tiger 1050 ABS | CRF100F | R90/6

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234